Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @emorrill

Lovely kissing shots and Sahne looks really
    handsome in that art breeder photo.
    It will be a while yet until I can start the save, but soon.

@bekkasan

That is a lovely rainbow.

@BlackSand

Nice shot.

@Brandontaylor

Thank you

@bekkasan

What a great update, those shots are
    fantastic.

@GraceyManor

Thanks, it is an empty world, so one has to place everything by yourself,
    need to check what the name is and I will get back to you.

@MoonandStars83

Thanks

@Nikkei_Simmer

Nice wedding shots

I have given L and A out.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    A new male Sim. This is Daryl and he might be a problem :no_mouth:

lUSs6rn.jpg

4KmZYQU.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    BlackSand wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer ...
    Lovely Wedding ... But let me get this straight.
    Since it's private wedding with no guests, you're basically gonna skip the cake, go to the house, draw the blinds and pretend it's already the wedding night, just as soon as the cameras are off ... :D

Yep, pretty much... :D:mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • LashinLashin Posts: 74 Member
    edited August 2020
    So... I've been busy, and so has basically everyone in the household!

An Alien came to visit my lot, but fencing it in didn't work, and they teleported away when it was time to return to their Homeworld.

This is the only image I have of the said Alien before they got away.

ldj25Pw.jpg

Anyway, Lillabeth made her IF - Ashe - real! This is him as a child, and he's inspired by one of my friends and their favourite colour - orange! I decided not to dress the IFs in ordinary colours, to show that they're anything but merely ordinary! Also, I found out why Ashe was prone to being insulting... it's because he's Hot-Headed!

pCuIbPY.jpg

Lillabeth has aged into a beautiful Teen Vampire, and she looks good in pink-and-white! Basically, she and Ashe are like the fashionistas of the household, while Enalla is practical/tomboy, and her IF - Qanzh - is an aspiring gentleman.

4bqOo4J.jpg

Avar has been teaching Lillabeth how to drive, too! And when you win the lottery of 1 million Simoleons, basically anything can be bought.

K6rGEzz.jpg

Enalla has aged up into a child, too!

NrCmiq1.jpg

But by this time her uncle - Seb - made the potion so she doesn't have to run willy-nilly to the science lab to get one for Qanzh.

CSLxCXF.jpg

Qanzh is a cute kid!

ysUTPl1.jpg

Ashe has aged up to a Teen, and shares his First Kiss with Lillabeth!

cex58Dk.jpg

That, and Seb is teaching him to drive... with a vacuum cleaner?!

eTLnLo1.jpg

Anywho, Tristan and Emelie Van Gould visit the family bunker to trick-or-treat... and get imprisoned, separately from one another, with fences; Tristan can see his sister dying, but can do nothing to stop her being burned to death!

1vZMhZY.jpg

She begged for her life... but Grim took her away regardless!

zq7vrS1.jpg

Tristan is a Brooding fellow, contemplating his deceased sister...

c7Kg0aq.jpg

That, and while he's been fenced in, he wet himself!

XrJKOpQ.jpg

Because I skimped on building a crypt for anyone and everyone I kill off... here it is! So far...

aSAWsZ3.jpg

Emelie's urn has actually been moved to the middle of the platform; she'll be buried between her lover, Waylon, and her brother, Tristan. Once I entrap Waylon, he'll be interned there. I also plan to kill off Pappy Wolff, too.

In the meantime, Avar and Catherine have since gotten the Eternally Faithful moodlet, and their Reputation is exactly what it says on the tin!
    @bekkasan

Look who is moving into my coming save single man this time.

7F5p3KK.jpg
    While...Kimber and Tosh were... having happy fun times... I think I heard some chimes go off. :neutral: oh-oh...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited August 2020

Paradise Lost … And Found
    Curtis, recently released from jail, took no time getting out of Bridgeport.
    Roaming the roads was nice, but he knew he would have to find a place to settle sooner or later.
    He was caught off guard being released earlier than expected and with little warning …
    He wasn’t going to get caught short again, let the money run out, and still have no idea where he was going to settle in.

Twinbrook
    As he made his way across the country …
    he stopped at places that might present an opportunity to establish a new beginning.
    Twinbrook was the first such location he came across, and thought was worth a look.

50209863093_99514380fd_k.jpg

VV ... The Meat is in Here ... VV

Mystery Meat
    Early in the morning, he started getting that gnawing feeling in his gut.
    As usual he figured fishing for some breakfast would probably take care of business.
    He found a quiet spot in the salt marshes around Twinbrook and gave it try.
    Unfortunately, although he had some luck, he figured a burger in town might taste a little better.

50210662222_365863eac8_k.jpg

One Word … ‘Charming’
    After a quick bite … Curtis headed to the City Square.
    He was immediately taken by how nice the park was, and took the opportunity to meet a few people.
    Twinbrook looked like it just may be a great opportunity, fishing still questionable …
    But a once seasoned hobo like Curtis, knew you didn’t jump train and set up camp at the first stop.

50210663482_f8cba09093_k.jpg

Moonlight Falls
    After a few nights under the stars, and days of smoked fish …
    Curtis thought it was time for another burger and a look around a town.
    While still on the outskirts of Moonlight Falls, he noticed a Fortune Teller out by a lake.
    How fortuitous … What damage could it do?

50210664607_9b59a8665f_k.jpg

Halloween in June
    About an hour, and 28 bucks into a session with the fortune teller …
    Curtis figured a cheap bottle of nasty nectar,
    would probably have more benefit that supporting the 🐸🐸🐸🐸’s crack habit.

He was heading into town when he came across an interesting sight.
    Curtis met this sweet young lady named Marigold …
    Who seemed to be trying out, what he could only assume was some sort of elaborate Halloween Costume.
    Anyway, not being too impolite, and trying to snatch the wings off her back to get a better look,
    Curtis moved on to see what else the town had to offer.

50210665667_828a5a103a_k.jpg

Give and Take
    When he got to the center of town, Curtis had a brilliant idea.
    If he was going to get fleeced by the 🐸🐸🐸🐸, he might as well try to recoup his losses.
    Picking up a few guitar skills during the Challenge, he played for tips.
    It wasn’t long and a fella named Mike Nix dropped more change on him than he had spent in town.

50209868583_7bee12b5f1_k.jpg

Moonlight Falls vs Jail
    Curtis spent the rest of the afternoon talking to folks around the park.
    He met quite a few people, including the Swains and Hoppcrafts.
    Still … He had an uneasy feeling about the place.
    It crossed his mind at one point that his fellow inmates in jail were a less suspicious bunch than this crowd.
    He scratched Moonlight Falls off the list, and hit the road again … Before Dark … 😊

Riverview
    A few days and miles of rolling farmland after Moonlight Falls …
    Curtis rolled into Riverview.
    Things looked promising from the start when he came across a fish hatchery.
    If nothing else … Lunch was going to be easy enough to come by.

50209869508_437642fc34_k.jpg

Curtis came across a public pool in the business district and met Mags and Robert Newbie.
    Mags was okay, but Robert and their son Bob were a bit stressed and distracted over their phones.
    Constantly checking for updates and not necessarily liking what they found.
    For some strange reason, he got the impression that Riverview, might be a ‘little town trying to play big’.

50209871003_7952f84c03_k.jpg

Dang the Tourists
    Not ready to write Riverview off, Curtis headed to Plaza Park to try and meet a few more folks.
    Playing for tips was a decent ice breaker, and he had a chance to meet Mr. Bagley and Trigger Broke.
    He also managed to introduce himself to several tourists,
    including Mr. Amoit from France and Giza from Egypt.

50210670312_badbb1a86e_k.jpg

Nothing was really wrong with Riverview, but it was missing something … A feeling that kept gnawing at Curtis.

To the Coast
    After a few weeks and many miles on the road, Curtis noticed he was running out of options
    and land for that matter.
    No matter how good he was at fixing the bike … It wasn’t sprouting wings to fly to China.
    He still had a place called Sunset Valley on the short list, but it was on the coast.
    Trying to stay upbeat, he was happy to find a beautiful little town when he arrived.

50210394761_786b5c61cf_k.jpg

Something Is Missing
    Although he couldn’t imagine a more pristine little town ...
    Somethings was still a little ‘off’ with his new find.
    Perhaps it was the fact that at noon on Sunday the town square was dead as a doornail.

50210395866_e8e0581254_k.jpg

Struggling with his thoughts and that creeping feeling again, Curtis was becoming frustrated.
    In attempts to shake things loose, he had heard the beach in Sunset Valley was awesome.
    He headed over to the beach to check things out, but it was quiet for the most part when he arrived.
    Curtis found himself at the water’s edge, standing like a statue mirroring the Lighthouse in the bay.

50209874813_929bdb65ce_k.jpg

Sea to Sea
    Curtis had come this far … Crossed the country.
    He wondered if he needed to plan a loop back and catch Dragon Valley or Appaloosas Plains.
    They weren’t on his short list … But options.
    It was then he noticed that more than anything else, he was exhausted.
    He decided to swim for a bit then take a nap … Maybe hold off on making any harsh decisions.

50210397131_b05ee5222f_k.jpg

What’s That Noise
    Curtis was drifting in and out of his nap on the beach, when he was startled by the noise.
    Gaining full consciousness, he figured out it was his phone ringing.
    In a weird and surprising way, dread welled up inside him.
    Inmates weren’t allowed phones in lock-up, and his hadn’t rang since he got out.
    He had been avoiding the world, avoiding old ties, and simply ‘out of contact’.

He intentionally forced himself not to look at the caller ID, in hopes of not passing on the call.
    He hit the accept button, said “hello” … And was soon jerked back into the world.

Nicholas Riverhawk
    ”Hey Curtis … What’s up jailbird?”

50210398421_bb8b516c99_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”Nick, my brother … I would recognize that voice anytime.
    What’s up with you?”

50210398886_e8ee4234d3_k.jpg

Curtis and Nicholas traded small talk catching up, then Nicholas got to the point of the call.

Nicholas
    ”So, what I was calling about Curtis …
    I know this young lady from University, and we are still pretty tight friends.
    She has a birthday coming up, and I was online searching for something to get her.
    I remembered she is just a fan of your books.”

50210675957_9bfc05ef9c_k.jpg

Nicholas Continues
    ”Man, I was getting ready to ditch that thought seeing as she has already read everything you have written …
    When I remembered you would be getting out of lock-up soon.
    ‘Boots Under the Bed’ is her favorite … And I have a first edition copy myself.
    It would be pretty cheesy to give her a secondhand book she has already read …
    Except if maybe the author, whom I just happen to know …
    Wrote a little note in it and singed it.

Look … No pressure, you’ll probably be busy …
    But I can drop it to ya in the mail and maybe get it back in time if you’re cool with that.
    Wadda ya say … Help a brother out?”

There is an uneasy silence on Curtis’ end … and Nicholas begins to wonder if Curtis is still online.

50210676437_3fc497aa9e_k.jpg

Houston … We Got A Problem
    While Nicholas was waiting on the other end … Curtis was about to passout.
    The sound of Nick’s voice made an immediate connection to the hole he had in his gut.
    Uncommon for Curtis, the floodgates opened, and he struggled with gaining composure.
    He tried to suck it up, but his voice still cracked when he finally got back to Nicholas.

Curtis
    ”Nick … I don’t know which one of us is doing more to help the other brother out.
    I got a better idea … Instead of worrying about the mail,
    I’ll be in Hidden Springs in a couple of days, and we can take care of that in person.
    But hey … Kind of keep it on the down-low.
    We may grab a couple of drinks at Varg’s, or whatever, but I don’t want a scene.”

Nicholas
    ”Dang dude … That’s just fantastic.
    She’ll be thrilled to get the book with your added touch.
    And look … I get ya … No party, maybe we can just hang out.
    It’ll be great seeing ya again and catching up”

50210676737_44abb4e41c_k.jpg

Home
    Curtis and Nicholas talked a short while before hanging up …
    But Curtis was distracted and already thinking what was to come.
    He had pushed thoughts of Hidden Springs down and failed to recognize some significance.
    Hidden Spring was nice and welcoming, but it was also where Curtis had discovered who he could be.
    It’s where he had turned the corner, and for better or worse.
    opened a new chapter on what had been a miserable beginning.

Although it had gotten busier, Curtis was oblivious to the beach around him.
    Sure, Sunset Valley was like Mayberry on steroids …
    But Curtis was planning on heading Home … And getting back connected to life.

50210402361_dc6a006047_k.jpg

To Be Continued …

Post edited by BlackSand on
    I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Probably won’t be on tonight. We got thunderstorms coming with 75mph+ winds possible. Over in Iowa where the storms are currently, a town had a 106mph wind gust and is reporting major damage. If things do calm down and we have power, then I may be able to post. Just playing a waiting game.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    edited August 2020
    Played on The Oakley Legacy

As well as pulling Bede out of Scouting, it was also his birthday. I also had my second meteor strike, a burglar and an attempted alien abduction on the same day. Dennis completed a Skill Challenge in Martial Arts, while Iris cleared out a Wish to level up in Cooking. Bede is still looking for a way to make his Imaginary Friend real
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

It rained so hard but
    96xAOLh.jpg
    After the rain the Dexter's got together and cleaned up the yard. It took weeks as it was such a big job. The Judge game them grass seeds as he said he has a lot of stuff that was washed a shore over the years. So the Dexter's Planted the seeds. A month or so later the Judge said he would help hem restore the outside of the house. So the Judge and the Dexter's worked for months restore the outside.
    ycX3iez.jpg
    eurcjGS.jpg
    It was amazing the things that they found around the yard.
    Now it was time to clean the house, they managed to keep a few things but now much, they burned some and the Judge took some things as he said someone might just need it. They were so happy after the house was cleaned out.
    djz6NsK.jpg
    mjty0o1.jpg
    eQvgBwN.jpg
    PzTf61w.jpg
    lVTHmr2.jpg
    8Dsp2W0.jpg
    they found so many thing, there was a wine making machine and while cleaning the yard they found some grape plants and replanted them in the garden. Well you cant see them but they are there along with another Apple tree they transplanted and some tomatoes and onions they found.
    m5eV9jU.jpg
    edited August 2020
    @Evalen ...
    Excellent job, and that should work nicely.

Of course underground is always open for expansion.
    I try to limit my space there, not for cost, but because if I make it bigger, i just add more junk to the lot ... :D
    I like the idea with the pond and the garden you have going.
    I almost always put a pond on a lot if there is sufficient room.

Good Luck weathering the storm @Brandontaylor
    Keep an eye out for the bad stuff.
    You can be fine 100 times ... But being up the creek once is all it takes to make a mess.

@Lashin ... A lot of work and you have been busy again.
    Glad to see you took some time to play some though.
    I don't know about putting the crypt in the house, if you're planning on killing a lot of folks.
    Ghosts don't care about walls or fences and could keep your Sims up all night.

Well a lot of your Sims are time dwellers anyway (not all).

@king_of_simcity7 ...
    Maybe Daryl wouldn't be so much of a possible problem, if you didn't make him so good looking ... :D
    He may be a bit skinny, but he is going to be trouble for someone.

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    Hello all. I have to rush off now so can't post properly but I just wanted to quickly let you know that I have loaded episode 40 of the Perfect Genetics Challenge and it is now ready for you to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/0sXr35uPzPM

Lots happening in this video.

Birthdays, birth of Don's 4th alien baby. Hints on fixing problems in the game. Spring arrives. Prue gets her lifetime wish. We investigate the issue of the green flame from the group science project and faster skill gain. Lever of Doom is pulled. Hive mind.

In the next episode Gary has got frustrated with the number of sims at home and is travelling around new worlds meeting new sims. He might go home and return to one world with some of his brothers if he finds any interesting sims he wants them to meet.

That's it for now. I have an appointment and have to get ready now.

Happy Simming all.

@BlackSand Thanks for the post, and thanks for the house, it is awesome and I love it. Can't wait for my sims to get the right furniture. But you had decorated it beautiful, you have a nice gift building and decorating Some other time I will use the house the way it came, because it is beautiful inside and out. Awesome job you did.

A Military Wedding
    Screenshot-13.jpg
    Tosh: Everything I've been through has led up to this very day. We're out of the Navy, but I still get to wear the uniform for this special occasion. The CNO has seen to that. We've been through so much together. The Bosnian War where we ground-pounded dropping GBU-10 2000lb'rs for the first time in our squadron's history and for the first time in the F-14's history and I became CO leading the Black Aces over Kosovo. I became CAG, Kimber became CO...and it all boils down to this moment. I wasn't expecting her to have feelings for me, but when she made them known and pretty much resigned her commission, the path was set in motion. Now we take the next step in our path together. She let me have my career in order to have me because she felt I had the better career prospects.
    Screenshot-14.jpg
    Kimber - "From the Bosnian War to the skies over Kosovo where you and I were flying MiGCAP, you were always my flight-lead..." (Author: "oh...how romantic..../sarcasm/) "We kept each other alive. We watched out for each other and we promised each other that we'd make sure that we got home to the bird-farm. And now we take care of each other for the rest of our lives as wingmates and as husband and wife..."
    Screenshot-15.jpg
    Tosh: "We've always been wingmen in our missions...you've always kept my six clear of MiGs...and I'm ever grateful of that. Ours has always been a life of sacrifice and service and you sacrificed your career to be with me when you resigned your commission over ten years ago letting me move up the ranks.
    Now we take the next step in our lives by always standing by each other's side...till death do us part.
    With the young again potions that we drank, we have a chance to have our lives back and to live our lives for each other...with this ring...my love, I thee wed..."
    Screenshot-16.jpg
    Tosh: "With all that I have...and all that I hold...in sickness and in health, through all of life's trials and joys, we stand together as one..."
    Screenshot-18.jpg
    Tosh: "For as long as we both shall live..." (Author: /sarcasm/ With a Young Again potion at the ready...yeah...it's gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.)
    Screenshot-19.jpg
    Kimber: "With this ring, my love, I thee wed...With all that I have...and all that I hold...in sickness and in health, through all of life's trials and joys, we stand together as one..."
    Screenshot-20.jpg
    Kimber: "For as long as we both shall live..."
    Screenshot-21.jpg
    Screenshot-22.jpg
    Screenshot-24.jpg
    Screenshot-28.jpg
    Screenshot-30.jpg
    Screenshot-32.jpg
    Screenshot-33.jpg
    Screenshot-35.jpg
    Screenshot-36.jpgScreenshot-37.jpg
    Screenshot-38.jpg
    Screenshot-40.jpg
    "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!! PRESENTING FOR THE FIRST TIME IN PUBLIC. FLEET ADMIRAL AND MRS. TOSHIO M. NAKAMURA!!!" (Author: Dang, I wish I had a sword arch pose pack...here... Heck a full military wedding pose-pack)
    Screenshot-41.jpg
    ~evil grin~ now on to the wedding night. Nope...not showing that here...I don't wanna get banned.

~smirk~ You know what they say about (dinner) dress whites...and gold wings. :mrgreen:

@Nikkei_Simmer I love this wedding, the pictures are awesome, It looks so nice with him in his Military uniform. You really have some great shots.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @BlackSand
    I know you didn't.I was just saying.
    Hoping that's the vibes he was giving off.

50206869426_6cfc839262_k.jpg
    This lot is well done! and looks very realistic!

@king_of_simcity7
    Whether he's a problem or not, he looks great!

@Brandontaylor
    Hope the storms weren't too bad for you.

Boards are a bit slow, will check back later to see what everyone's up to.
    Page 3973, continued

@bekkasan That waterfall is really amazing, you can tell how big it is with Adam and Marshall standing there.
    I can understand the frustration. Good thing is they have each other.
    Hopefully Adam and Marshall don't run into any trouble.
    That's definitely true, I've got some people who may not be family by blood but I think of them as family.
    Great update!

@GraceyManor Yeah, same here. Not really any passenger trains near me though, closest would be in the counties surrounding me.
    Good to know I wasn't too far off.
    Claire better hope William knows how to cook.
    Seems she's picking on William a lot.
    Geez, she really thinks she's something, doesn't she?
    I'm hoping someone stands up to Claire. She seems to never have had anyone stand up to her and not back down but maybe that'd make her realize how miserable she's making her daughter and others.
    Great update!

@MoonandStars83 Sad you had to give up one save but glad you have others you enjoy.

@Nikkei_Simmer That's so sweet of Kimber to give up her career so she could be with the man she loves.
    They're gonna be around a while if they took young again potions.
    Congrats to the newlyweds!

@BlackSand You're welcome.

Page 3974

@Silverofdreams30 You're welcome.

@king_of_simcity7 Looking forward to seeing what trouble Daryl causes.

@Lashin Well that stinks. I've always wanted to trap an alien but guess we can't.
    Nice to see Ashe as a real Sim.
    Lillabeth grew up nicely.
    Yeah, not much that a million can't buy.
    Hope Ashe and Lillabeth stay together.
    R.I.P. Emelie.
    Great update!

@Nikkei_Simmer They'll be busy now. Better hope it isn't multiples.

@BlackSand Yeah, his catch doesn't look appetizing.
    Good thing he didn't try to pull her wings off, he'd be shocked to find out they are real.
    Sounds like Curtis doesn't really like the Moonlight Falls crowd.
    Seems Riverview isn't right for him either.
    I hope Nicholas doesn't pull him back into the criminal lifestyle.
    Looks like Hidden Springs isn't done with him.
    Great update!
    Thanks, luckily things didn't get too bad in my town. We had roughly 65mph winds here but other areas got 75+. Mostly small limbs knocked out of trees.

@Sleepstar Happy birthday to Bede!

@Evalen Wow, the house is really starting to look better!
    Great update!

@GraceyManor Thanks. The winds got around 65 mph here in my town but northern parts of my county had reports of up to 75 mph. It knocked the power out for some people up there and knocked down some larger branches. Now up where my father lives, they had some storms around the 90 mph mark. We just had small limbs down here, thankfully.

***Completely fine from the storms, didn't knock power out but spent most of the afternoon waiting on them to pass. Anyway, working on my update next and will get that posted soon.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Does anyone have a working link for Waitress Pose Pack by Mi-Shil
    Ultimate Sim Update

ZPvDIus.jpg
    In the last week, Brittany called up her only Sunset Valley acquaintance; the mascot who brings the test at the start of a save. Apparently they are talking about dragons.

L7xVBQm.jpg
    Another thing she did was continue looking for gems, metals, and insects. She's got most of the gems and metals but needs 17 more insects. Her senses are at the highest point as her lycanthropy skill is up to 10. I also bought the last point of her rebel influence as the rules don't say I can't.

fomuLJA.jpg
    Brittany is also getting closer to finishing alchemy, she has about four skill points and all the challenges to go though.

K0h3ZK1.jpg
    Of course, some time was spent on studying for her classes, doing presentations, and actually attending class. She had just finished several hunts so I hadn't changed her back to her human form yet.

AacM7zZ.jpg
    Friday came and Brittany successfully finished her time at university. She passed her exams and graduated Saturday afternoon so now she will go home to Sunset Valley to the fun part of this season.

tfUV7tu.jpg
    Like the last time, I chose the same house for Brittany as the first couple of attempts. It is called Prairie Smile and is a base game house in the library. Only issue was I forgot the lot I used for it so the backyard is much bigger than I'll need.

dpxyu7c.jpg
    After getting the house set up the way I'll need, I sent Brittany to the library to get her daycare job set up. I also called for the two roommates that must remain with her until she moves to Riverview. Currently, I don't know who she'll get moving in with her as I didn't play that day yet.

GtPAqHM.jpg
    This is Brittany's collection so far. She hasn't found quite as many insects as she did in attempt number one but she did get roughly the same for the gems and metals. I'll do the treasure chest thing to store them in, just like last time. The challenge creator did that in his Let's Play and it works wonderfully.

bxf9KXC.jpg
    When I sent her to the science facility, she ended up making $25,000 from the extra insects she don't need to keep. This money will help her out with some things she has to do.

TM3wd4k.jpg
    At the alchemy store, she cut some of her extra gems but not all of them. She'll also have to smelt her extra metals too but my main thing was to cut the Tiberium. She has a lot of gem dust and spiral cut gems so that should make her around $200,000 (educated guess, didn't actually do the math)

2fKhYFm.jpg
    And lastly, I had her make a Potent Invigorating Elixir as I had her stay up late to get things ready for Monday morning. The toddlers will be coming and she'll need all the help she can get. Hopefully with the newer computer, daycare will go much smoother than any previous attempts. They are supposed to show up at a certain time but it was several hours later on my old laptop.

***And that's it for now on the Ultimate Sim Challenge. I'll be doing Ava's story tomorrow, then may do another update for the challenge midweek. I'll also have another Langerak update sometime, not sure when. It all really depends on my schedule and whether I feel like playing that evening/night. Anyway, hope you all have a wonderful day/night and happy Simming!
    Evalen wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer I love this wedding, the pictures are awesome, It looks so nice with him in his Military uniform. You really have some great shots.

Those are Tosh's Dinner Dress Whites... the ones the Navy pulls out for special dining-outs. Some officers tend to wear them for their weddings too over their service dress whites. Since I stink at Blender, I'm having a tough time trying to figure out Blender so the "choker" service dress whites are out for now.

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • LashinLashin Posts: 74 Member
    @BlackSand Thank you ^_^

Yeah, it's hard with a large household, but figures removing the staircases might keep the ghosts grounded in the crypt if there are too many and they become a problem, because I don't think they can go to different levels without stairs, ladders, or elevators.

@brandontaylor I actually don't know about walling in Aliens, because I just fenced the guy in and since there was no roof, he could get away. Next time he or another Alien visits, I'll wall them in or have Seb burn them to death.

It took me some time to customise his look, but I took inspiration from Bridgeport's Apollo Bloom, and went from there; his fashion sense comes from my friend's - their favourite colour is orange, but I figured pale yellow goes amazing with orange to create an avant-garde look.

And I fully plan for Ashe and Lillabeth to stay together - Ashe's since rolled a LTW to become an Illustrious Author, and I'm waiting on Lillabeth to have her LTW become Surrounded by Family. I plan for them to have eight sons in all - the youngest of whom will be Ashemez, and Lhebitsezchey whom will be the penultimate son, and causing havoc.

RIP Emelie indeed. Tristan will be next, and Waylon will follow suit shortly. I also hope to add every single child and teen in the neighbourhood to the crypt.

Funny thing is, I burnt up three rugs when killing Emelie, and I got 300,000 Simoleons in compensation from the fire - which is worth a LOT more than the rugs and the section of fencing I since demolished cost me. Looks like nobody needs to work for the foreseeable future!
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm back. Had to go to get the leg looked at. They put on a new dressing but said if it comes off to use a bandaid and I don't need to return unless something happens to make it get worse. So that's all good.

As for my Perfect Genetics Challenge. Well it's got a bit too challenging. I need to remove sims from the household. But no one seems ready to go except for Gary, James and Owen and maybe Trish. So I decided to send Gary on an adventure. He went on vacation - first stop was Hunstborough where he eventually tracked down Eve Genie and Jess Paton.

Eve Genie
    EveGenie1.jpg

Jess Paton
    JessPaton.jpg

He visited them in their tiny house dug into the side of a hill.
    THeMine.jpg

It's a tiny house but seems to be on a fairly large lot.

Neither of these sims is meant for anyone currently ready to leave the household in Moonlight Falls.

So Gary moved on. But not before doing some playing for tips. I told him to perform for tips while he was standing in front of the theater. So he ran down a dark, narrow alley and started performing near a dumpster in a small space squeezed between 3 or 4 rabbitholes. I expected him to be left there without an audience but he quickly got about 8 or more sims for an audience. He got lots of tips. They must be starved for entertainment in that world. In Moonlight Falls he rarely gets an audience. But he's usually been performing in snow in Moonlight Falls. It's Summer in Huntsborough.

I had thought Eve and Jess were in Mountain Lake as that's where I was playing them with Fiona when I sent them for a visit to the future. But Gary found them well settled in Huntsborough. I must admit I'd been surprised when I launched that Mountain Lake game and found those two girls. I'd been exepcting to find Donna and her household. So, after checking all of the other worlds in which I've placed sims for my Perfect Genetics household to meet and possibly marry one day I had failed to track down Donna's household plus the other two sims I'd made and placed in houses near to her place. I had a bit of a panic. Then I thought of my backup drives. I keep moving things out of my internal drive due to lack of space. I quickly found a file named MountainLake_Donna. So I moved it into my Saves folder in the Perfect Genetics Sims 3 folder. I copied the nhd file I found in it and pasted it into the Perfect Genetics current Save. Then relaunched the game and sent Gary from Huntsborough to MountainLake and voila - Donna and all of her friends were there - all but one. I had moved Donna's household out of Moonlight Falls because she kicked Mabel out as soon as I wasn't controlling her and I had been worried Mabel might be evicted from the game. When I merged Gary in with her I soon realised Mabel was gone from that house too. So I went searching for her only to discover she was no longer in the game.

Next step I totally annihilated everyone from that household. I moved Gary to safety first. Then I got a fresh version of Donna's household from my library and placed them in the house. Then I decided to move Mabel out to her own house. It was obvious Mabel and Donna don't get along. Their relationship bar is neither friend nor foe. It's pretty much neutral. But Donna obviously doesn't want Mabel in the house for some reason.

Back before I moved their house to a new world I'd made a point of having birthdays for Mabel, Mateo and Connie so they'd all be young adults to take care of the children while Donna went to visit Gary in Moonlight Falls. But, when I moved Mabel out, I sent her imaginary friend made real with her. That was Mateo. And of course Mateo's Imaginary Friend made real had to go too, that was Connie. I have no idea how Mateo got to have an imaginary friend - he just did.

Then I remembered Connie had cloned Mabel and the result was Marigold who is part fairy because I added Fairy Occult to her using a mod. And Marigold has an Imaginary Friend made real too so I had to grab Marigold and Julie to move them in with Mabel as well.

I thought of the Magical Brown House I'd made in Dragon Valley. But it is too big and will add too much strain on the game if I use it. It's on a 40x40 lot and there is a huge garden in its basement. Then I remembered another house I'd made later on and it's on the Exchange too. It's on a 20x20 lot. I called it Lifestyle Lodge. I grabbed it and placed it on a lot near the bunch of houses where all the sims I've made to be possible partners for sims from the Perfect Genetics household. The lot is much bigger than needed so I put the house in the front corner of the lot and expanded the fence around it so the sims now have lots of room outside to play tag or maybe even to add some playground equipment. There is a small basement garden and swimming pool as well as a magic room. It has a double bed and 4 single beds. I was going to allocate the double bed to Mabel as she is the senior sim in the house but she grabbed one of the single beds and in the end Mateo was the one without a single bed so he got the double by default.

Lifestyle Lodge is on the Exchange
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7997487

I thought I got lots of screen shots but it seems I only got lots of video. I will include some of it in another video soon.

I spent most of this afternoon setting up Crystaline Cove. It has most rabbit holes and other community lots but I have a few favourites that seemed to be missing and it took me hours to look carefully for each one before adding it to the world. I suspect I'll find I've duplicated some of them eventually. I added the festival grounds from Hidden Springs; the Performance Park; The Stones Throw Greenhouse; Al Fresco Market; the Pet Shop; the Elixir Consignment Store; the Rags to Riches Consignment Store. Most other rabbit holes are already placed including the Ford Focus skydiving building that was only available for a short time. I use it occasionally but it really only gives the pumped moodlet and is something different to look at. Plumbob Pictures Back Lot is placed in a few of the worlds I have chosen so I might be able to have a sim in one of the careers relating to that rabbit hole.

I think Episode 41 will be the last of the Perfect Genetics series for a while. I need to move on to other stories. I'm thinking on finishing off the Isla Paradiso Bunch story next. I don't know how many episodes it'll take to finish it but they only need to collect two tomb objects from France. The two huge tombs that are under the nectary are the last tombs they need to do. Once that's done I'll leave them alone. I could start a new series with them and show the children growing up but will probably just add them to the Big Game as townies and they will be seen occasionally in the Oscar and Louise series or the McFluff series.

That's it from me for now.

Happy Simming all.
    likes and awesome given out

@GraceyManor

The empty world I use is called Rook Island 1.
    @GraceyManor

Just rook Island that 1 was my save number :D
    Here is another sneak peek, I am still busy preparing the world for the challenge.

jZTGv8u.jpg

Dani went job searching, she has an interview ( mod) upcoming.

r4B6VNF.jpg

Kurt ( Downloaded TSR sim)

WslVKiu.jpg

Townies, two EA sims ( edited) and a downloaded female sim

JWuhM5P.jpg

Scenery

@Silverofdreams30 ...
    Dani is always a cutie, and Kurt looks like he may be an interesting fellow.
    Good luck preparing for your challenge, and the world is looking lovely.

@Karritz ...
    Jess and Eve are always adorable ... <3
    I like you idea about their house dug into the side of the hill/ mountain.
    I also looked around your Lifestyle Lodge and like the way you incorporate unusual but creative ides throughout the build.

Oh ... And thanks for the tuning tips for Returner and Alien Abductions ... :)

@Brandontaylor ...
    Congrats on getting Brittany through University ... It looks like you are having fun and getting busy back in Sunset Valley.
    Good luck with getting your roommates and settling in.
    When you sell extra gems and stuff, do you use the consignment function. or just sell straight from your inventory?

And about Curtis, Nicholas and a slip back into criminal life ...
    All I am going to say is he could blame his parents (or me for creating his backstory) for the first time ...
    If he slips again ... It'll be on him this time ... :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top