Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

teen x young adult romance

EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
hello guys i'm here again with another "polemic" thread since the only thing we are making nowadays is just be anger about the "massive" awesome patch..., let's try to change a little and talk about something which really bug me, first before someone come and no "i'm not a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 neither a lolicon and i dont like it too much too, said that let's go:

ok first avoid war, flame insulte if you dont like it and completly hate fine i'm not to judge it, but at last try to understood what i'm saying and remember this is just a game and is for we have fun.

ok then lets go to the base, currently we have in the sims 4 sixs stages of life(seven if you thing which a fetus is also a life, my deceased and loved granfather which was for me like a father was liked to say who we not birth but get transferred, from the mother to the world, which the way or birthdays are celebrated is wrong this not a birthday but a transfer day :P well whatever this is not really important)
we have
baby
child
teen
youg adult
adult
elder
the natural progression is baby > child > teen > young adult > adult > elder

the currently game is lacking of toddles and pre-teens some peoples will gonna say "pre-teens are not important" only toddles but i can say pre-teens are important as toddles or childs or teens because is on that phase where the puberty start to pop - up when their are still playing with toys but now is developing the strong desire to sociate and natural desire to find romance, is more important than teen, because is on that moment where most of the important changes happen in body and mind, when the child get stuck in his natural childsh desire to play but you start to notice the world around you in a "different way" you start to notice the girls if you are a male and heter, the girls start to want be more beatfull and their still playing with toys, while teens just start to stop to play with toys and now want more socialization their are still playing but their "toys" are now others toy, like games, table games no more dolls and things like that, then i believe who maxis is aware of this and probably like their told before the game release the reason of teens looks so old is because their want to add pre-teens and their also will add the toddles we gonna end with 8 stages probably.

well going back, currently the teens sims are more adult like their are what we can call the 17 near 18 years old teen, while the young adult is something between 18 and 20

for what we know
baby= born
the child is something between 8 and 10 years
the teen is between 15 and 18
young adult is something between 18 and 30

normally when we start a new game with a young adult and his age bar is at 0 this means who normally he is a recently 18 years old young adult or just come to his adulthood why he can't be with his love specially if their where childhood friends just because he is a little more old than him/her?
let's go to real life in many places of the world adults (18 or 21 based on the place) are not allowed to have relationship or romance with underaged even in my country and i agree to a degree, if the difference of age is not that a monster like 4 to 5 and the person is not so "young" like 15+ years then a 15 and a 20 years couple relationship i dont see so creep as long is a true romance and parents accept, even in my country we take that things in account before "send someone to jail for this", if their have a strong relationship, the parents are fine with that and all looks perfect the guy only gonna get trapped if was a problem of fight between then but just because of that normally he get a few days or a warn but their not will true force then to break or things like that.

my real concern to that in game is the fact who the current mechanic easy break relationship between teens, in order of everything be perfect the couple must have exactly the same age(their born or be created in the same day) otherwise when one of the age the relationship is break and or i need way the other teen age or use the "cake trick" which for storyteller is horrible then after that i need to build again the romance even the promisse get broke, with this making the "promisse" while teen pointless if all is lost when their age.

i'm not asking for a full everyone with everyone and horrible things but a natural progression not get break because of game mechanic or just because you dont like it.

about being creep let's go to some facts:

when you create a family with a young adult and a teen, you already tried to thing who young adults are not suposed to have "teen childs" because this means which when their give birth to the child their where "teens"?:??? a young adult is a 30 years old guy at best then let's take away the 15 from the child then he have the child with 15 years??? lets say who the young adult have 40, then why he not already turned in a adult???? the mechanic is a little mess, a young adult have teens kids means who their have childs "too early" what is also wrong

another facts let's take goth family, the currently one in the sims 4
we have mortimer being a adult
bella being a young adul
and cassandra as a teen
and alexander as a child
is impossible for then have a teen child(cassandra) and be married if mortimer not married bella when she was teen or nearly teen, we know who their where childhood friends and mortimer is more old than bella, but based on the current game if you think their relationship started when both where at best teen, then he turn in adult then the relatonship keep then she turn in a young adult and their marry.

that is why i'm so defensive toward teen x young adult, their age gap is too close at last for me to be something soo creep or not look naturally, not all the couples in the world started with everyone in the same age, and not all of then needed to stop the romance because one of the "age".

again i'm not defending 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or loli or anything, but for game where sims, young sims can have teen childs in the beginner, where peoples from the same sex can have a relationship and we even have peoples asking for have babies O.o why have teens and young adult have a relationship is so horrible and creep??

share your toughts

remember this is a game and a life simulation game, then we have simulate most of the possibilitys not only what we want or thing is right and again i'm not defending creep things i'm just feel a little wrong that part of the game mechanic, because this easy break many of my storytellers, because to be sure my teen couple not gonna had problem i must make sure their are from the same day to be a normal progression dont give room from cases where one of the is more old.

share your toughts.
tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif

Comments

• MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    I would imagine 'Young Adult' is more like 21-late 50's'. Thank you very much. ;)
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    I would imagine 'Young Adult' is more like 21-late 50's'. Thank you very much. ;)

I think young aduklt is 22 - 40. Adult is 40 -60. Elder is 60+

The teens in this game look 18+

We definitely need pre-teens.

PS: I have a mod that allow teens and young adults to date, but not woo-hoo. I cannot post the link here, but you may Google it.
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited December 2014
    lol 50 is not a little too much afar i know elder in many countrys start at 60, then you are saying who adult is between 50 and 60??? that young dont look so "young" at 50.

PS: I have a mod that allow teens and young adults to date, but not woo-hoo. I cannot post the link here, but you may Google it.
    ne too, but i dont like to use mods for something supposed to be in game at last for me, since we have even more "weird things".

young adult in the sims 3 goes to the university then this means who he is between 18 and 21 at the beginner

and like i told a perfect exemple of teen x young adult is the goth family.
  • MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member

Ooh, yes! You're right. I forgot we still have the 'Adult' stage. In my head it goes "baby, child, young adult, elder"...I'm all kinds of confused.
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
    my point is who young adult is not too far away from teen to be so "super creep" specially if we have case of the teen couple have different age then one age first breaking the relationship.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    ne too, but i dont like to use mods for something supposed to be in game at last for me, since we have even more "weird things".
    [/quote]

I have always played the sims and I had, when I had, 5 mods at most. Which I would get over the years.

I am already over 30 mods in The Sims 4 and we haven'\t had any EP or Game Pack yet.

I simply could not play this game without mods. The Game Options are lacking, the game needs mods to be a bit more sandbox.

I have always played the sims and I had, when I had, 5 mods at most. Which I would get over the years.

I am already over 30 mods in The Sims 4 and we haven'\t had any EP or Game Pack yet.

I simply could not play this game without mods. The Game Options are lacking, the game needs mods to be a bit more sandbox.[/quote]
    yeah i'm also over 30 mods to fix break things and add things which i thing is missing in game, i agree this "BASE GAME" is currently one of the worst base games i see in my life of gamer, i played a lot of games from my 10 years to today 26+ years i born when games started to be created, odissey, atari, nintendo/master, mega/supernes, omg time fly and this is the first time i have a game wher i feel he is incompletly or dont give exactly what i was waiting, i already get disappointed many times with games but never was because i feel the game being incomplete or rushed, that was the first time for me.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think a solution if it's possible to program in the game is to allow romantic interactions between young adult and teen if there was an existing romantic relationship between them when one of them aged up. Since teens don't Woohoo anyway, just "Mess Around", you could leave that in since no risk of teen pregnancy. That's not much different than real life, when a high school senior graduates and goes off to college but still has a relationship with a girlfriend or boyfriend still in high school (maybe a year or two behind them). We had the same problem in Sims 3, IIRC when it came to teen relationships especially after Generations when teens would get involved with each other at the prom (Generations).

I solved the issue by inviting my Sim's girlfriend over to the house for a birthday party when I aged up my Sim (her boyfriend) and made a second cake for her, then clicked the cake and chose Age Up... which allowed me to choose her. (I also invited her parents.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    For this game, YAs are 25+ and teens are 19-24. The teens' age doesn't make sense, I know.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Well I suppose it is as it is, because in most countries such relationships are illegal. Illegal doesn't mean "doesn't happen", but it's not officially allowed. The same way the teen pregnancies are not officially okay, but they still happen.

This comes from a person that at the age of 15 was dating a 21 year old, but I'm pretty sure that EA can't allow that for legal reasons.

Same as 10 to 13 year olds also sometimes perform "romantic interactions", but it's not something that is okay to show.
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    For this game, YAs are 25+ and teens are 19-24. The teens' age doesn't make sense, I know.

To me from teen to elder there is such little different that it all kind of blurs together.

mirta000 wrote: »
    Well I suppose it is as it is, because in most countries such relationships are illegal. Illegal doesn't mean "doesn't happen", but it's not officially allowed. The same way the teen pregnancies are not officially okay, but they still happen.

This comes from a person that at the age of 15 was dating a 21 year old, but I'm pretty sure that EA can't allow that for legal reasons.

Same as 10 to 13 year olds also sometimes perform "romantic interactions", but it's not something that is okay to show.

"Age of consent" (when young people can "woohoo") varies from country to country, and even from state to state here in the US. Mostly it's 18, although in some states it's as low as 16. For marriage 18 is pretty much the standard here in the US but I think some states still allow as young as 16 with parental permission.

Relationships between new young adults (say those who have turned 18) and those who are a year or two or three younger are a gray area in the law; pretty much it only gets prosecuted if the parents of the younger partner don't like the older partner to begin with. When I met my husband in high school (I had a crush on him back then, go figure), I was 15 and he was already 18; he was 2 years ahead of me in school (he was a senior, I was a sophomore) but he'd had to repeat a grade earlier on in his schooling (his kindergarten teacher didn't think he was socially ready to be promoted to 1st grade). If we'd developed a relationship then (he was terribly shy, so I chased him for 13 years till he caught me B) ), he would have technically been breaking the law and we were both still in high school.

The way the Sims have been set up it's like Sims jump from baby to 9 or 10 years old, then they jump from 10 years old all the way up to 16. With the limitations of programming there's really no way to have a more gradual aging process...which is why adding both toddlers and pre-teens would be very helpful to give a better delineation to the age groups especially in the younger stages. Pre-teens could be a combination of both teen and child groups; they could continue with the childhood aspirations and skills, and would still enjoy playing with kids toys and play equipment but would be a lot more self-conscious if caught at it. They could have crushes and do some small romantic gestures (kiss cheek), but have some that might seem more like Mischief interactions like hair pulling or pestering the other. No flirty moods though please.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I think that if the development team had any sense at all they would stay 100 miles away from issues like teen x adult relationships.

Though I'm sure I'll be chastised for saying it, I also think teen woohoo was a terrible mistake.

At least to me, the sims isn't about gritty life as it is, rather than a fantasy life that I wish it could be.

edited December 2014
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    I think that if the development team had any sense at all they would stay 100 miles away from issues like teen x adult relationships.

Though I'm sure I'll be chastised for saying it, I also think teen woohoo was a terrible mistake.

At least to me, the sims isn't about gritty life as it is, rather than a fantasy life that I wish it could be.

and in a fantasy life teens and youngs can't be together??? this happen a lot in fantasy, ok you dont like fine, i understand, but this dont means who we can't have, we already have many things in this game which are not supposed to have then have this is not something so terrible and again like @stilljustmeet2 told each case is a case, when teens start to date and one of the just hit the "adult age" we dont automatically order then to stop the relationship like that happen in game.

you are looking like the young adult aways is a some sort of old geese, teen always a little kid and forget what separates teen from young adult is only one year or less like one day. or even less.

I'm not all that crazy about the "mess around" interaction either; I think I've only used it with two of my Sims and they ended up marrying their teen sweethearts anyway. I do like some of the other teen romantic interactions like the neck kiss. I still miss the couch makeout from Sims 2 and the bed makeout from Sims 3; wish they'd left those in instead of adult "woohoo" animations for teens. And I wish that adults could catch teens "in the act" and scold them for it -- I think that would be a cool new action.

• stcarnamedwantstcarnamedwant Posts: 86 Member
    Is there official word from EA/Maxis regarding these age groups? I thought it would make sense for teens to be all ages ending in "teen," and children to start around 5 or so, when they generally enter school. Having a teen age group go into the twenties seems truly strange...
    edited December 2014

and in a fantasy life teens and youngs can't be together??? this happen a lot in fantasy, ok you dont like fine, i understand, but this dont means who we can't have, we already have many things in this game which are not supposed to have then have this is not something so terrible and again like @stilljustmeet2 told each case is a case, when teens start to date and one of the just hit the "adult age" we dont automatically order then to stop the relationship like that happen in game.

I think teen dating is great but I can't say I have a fantasy about HS age sims "messing around" with a young adult being an option as I play as the custodian of my Sim's family. To me it doesn't even make sense to me from a game play perspective.

Also about the relationships, I like to be more in control of what's happening rather than a spectator so if it were up to me the relationships would only happen when I say they do to begin with. I'm not this guy and I just can't play my game that way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnlv1wd13fY

The main problem again and as always ends up being a general restrictive lack of control.