This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

REALLY?! No Family Trees. No name change fix. But we have stupid Gnomes.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Gnomes!!! :expressionless: I keep them in the eye
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    junceda wrote: »
    I´m also waiting for family trees and a bunch of other stuff but IMO this is a very decent patch and it has some nice changes, man! being able to see the needs panel when at work, for instance was a must have too, PTO, family leave, the grungy look, CAS pics etc.. and don´t forget MOO!!!

I agree, overall. So far, so good. But since I can't believe they SHIPPED the game without the Family Tree, so of Course I'm disappointed to have it continue being MIA.

I also am not excited about MOO, but for those who are, I'm happy it's included now. I can choose not to use it. <shrug>

I am *thrilled* <happydance> with having MOAR access to info on off-lot sims. I'll admit, I haven't played much, yesterday was Busy and I have mods I'm still easing back in. But so far I agree that it is a very decent patch. Many steps in right directions.

Doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to seeing what's next.
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    Waah waah my FREE PATCH isn't big enough waah waah

Seriously the patch gives two new careers along with associated rewards and objects, tunes the aspiration system, adds several features people have wanted such as eating fruits and vegetables, labeled age stages, new cheats including the much requested move objects cheat, all along side a metric ton of fixes, gameplay tuning, and UI adjustments. Plus some free holiday items and a holiday music station thrown into the package. All of which was FREE.

But people still have the nerve to gripe about the patch because it didn't include specifically what they were demanding.

Hate to break it to you people but you aren't the sole person the game is being made for and the fact that the specific things YOU wanted weren't addressed doesn't cancel out all the things other people wanted that were. You have the right to be dissappointed that features you wanted haven't returned but that doesn't mean the patch is bad or disappointing when it delivered all the stuff it did free of charge.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Celiria wrote: »

Seriously the patch gives two new careers along with associated rewards and objects, tunes the aspiration system, adds several features people have wanted such as eating fruits and vegetables, labeled age stages, new cheats including the much requested move objects cheat, all along side a metric ton of fixes, gameplay tuning, and UI adjustments. Plus some free holiday items and a holiday music station thrown into the package. All of which was FREE.

But people still have the nerve to gripe about the patch because it didn't include specifically what they were demanding.

Hate to break it to you people but you aren't the sole person the game is being made for and the fact that the specific things YOU wanted weren't addressed doesn't cancel out all the things other people wanted that were. You have the right to be dissappointed that features you wanted haven't returned but that doesn't mean the patch is bad or disappointing when it delivered all the stuff it did free of charge.

Agreed. Well, except for the waaambulance there at the start, otherwise I agree.

• Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Y'all who think patches should have had a price are delusional.

Of course it's free omg every game out there does this.
  • Options
    Megan31917Megan31917 Posts: 457 Member
    edited December 2014
    To me, the most 'massive' part of the patch -was to fix previous problems. And of course, this latest patch created new problems which will be addressed in the next 'massive' patch, & so on & so on.

Nice that fruits can now be eaten & MOO available, but family trees, bed assignments & locked doors/gates -all overlooked again.
  • Options
    stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    Oh besides family trees and the name change thing to be fixed (both of which I really want), I also want bed assignments back! My sims never sleep in the rooms I design for them!

If you force a sim to sleep in a certain bed a few times they'll eventually start sleeping there on their own. It's already built into the game, so that's why they haven't added in bed assignments.
  • Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    And not only these. I was expecting some new stuff too, like furniture, etc. There is awful furniture and colors, so boring!
    So... it is really just two careers :'(
    Who said it's gonna be "massive patch"? Not at all!

It is a patch not an EP
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited December 2014
    Celiria wrote: »

I didn't want all this extra sht. All I wanted was two basic freaking things. I merely just expressed my frustration of why they didn't fix the two basic features that has been posted in the feedback forum since the release of this game but gave us gnomes and llama costumes.

Seed Pack for Veggies/Fruits Fix ( are not > ) Name Change Fix
    Christmas Trees ( are not > )Family Trees
    These "FREE" careers should have been in the game in the beginning anyway. Just like the pools and the ghosts.

To note--
    None of this stuff was FREE we paid for it long ago buying this half-baked game back in September. If you don't like that I'm griping about this patch then don't click on my thread. It's pretty obvious from the title that I was unhappy.