This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

What "don't" you want to see in future TS4 patches or EPs

I was never a fan of the doorbells. Sim comes over late at night and rings it and wakes up everybody in household then I have to direct them all to go back to sleep . Then visiting sim rings it again until I direct a family member to go and tell him to leave. Only solution I can think of to make everyone happy is to make doorbells optional and put them in buy mode.

Comments

• Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited November 2014
    Paparazzi, I hope those creatures never return. Couldn't stand the way they would never leave the sims alone. Then they would hover around outside the house and heckle the Sims if you put a fence up to stop them from helping themselves to your pool or hot tub.

Aliens, can't stand them and hated the nonstop abductions.

Useless firefighters, police officers....if they return? Have them actually do their jobs rather than just stand around like idiots.

Burglars.....hated the way they would sometimes spawn in the middle of the lot (because it was fenced in) and then go in through the back door to break in. The way the police never "caught" them or the way they would steal something although the gate was locked, the door was locked, and the house had an alarm.

Pets that cause all sorts of routing issues.

Polite vampires, werewolves that behaved like unhousebroken cats, useless fairies, silly genies. I want supernaturals that are actually powerful and perhaps even a little terrifying. It wasn't fair that only the witches got to have fun with their potions and spells.

The rumor system, the all-seeing gossips (how do they know that a sim has cheated if it was done behind closed doors on a private lot? Are the Sims living in some crazy world with spy cameras installed everywhere?).
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Toddlers
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    BobTheLlamaBobTheLlama Posts: 192 Member
    BUGS
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited November 2014
    BUGS

Oh come on, but then we could get an exterminator career! Wouldn't that be fun? We could run around exterminating bugs, like the way we were allowed to be peeping Toms in the ghost career. I stole many a house that way....

"Oh.....that's a nice house!"

*evict*

*move in my own Sim*

Thanks for the house!

ETA: To be clear, I am joking. I do not want an exterminator career.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,795 Member
    I don't want to see lots of new personality tabs added. A few might be ok, but I recall after many TS2 EPs, the userinterface was pretty complicated, with many levels of likes/turn ons/offs and other details that was fun for a couple weeks but after that was mostny cluttering it all up. I also dislike when a new feature adds visuals to existing sims, like when the swimwear was added (okay, wanted that one), but when outerwear comes (because it will eventually), I will need to adjust every sim of my town - I hate it when poor sims show up in exclusive glitz&glamour, or the other way around. Guess it depends on the way we play though.

I was never into the magic features, but knowing many simmers are, it would be quite narrow minded of me to wish that magic will not be added ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    It doesn't matter to me what is in the game.

I have gotten everything in the prior series and tried it, played it a while. If I didn't like it, I unistalled it. Money well spent though!

I always had my speakers off, so I never heard anything anyway, LOL
  • Options
    JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    edited November 2014
    I can't think of anything I don't want in the game - if other Simmers enjoy something, I can live with it so long as I get what I need out of the game.
    I don't really want an open world. I don't really want 5 EPs with vampires. I don't really want another big city like in Late Night (I couldn't even use that neighborhood - it would freeze for like, 10 minutes every couple of minutes, that's how bad the lag there was)

I don't want them combining 2 ideas to create a subpar EP. Someone said that in another thread but I can't remember who.
    If they're going to do something, than do it thoroughly. Late Night had a lot of potential but they tried to cram little bits of 3 different EP ideas into one and it was just kinda sloppy.

I don't really want celebrities unless there's more exclusiveness to it - I hate that everyone and their mother became a celebrity just by having a conversation or 2 with a celebrity.
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Quests and "to-do" lists. Scripted gameplay isn't a good fit with a "sandbox" game. A lot of players are already expressing boredom at doing the "same old, same old" over and over.
  • Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    Zombies
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Snosrap522 wrote: »
    Zombies

Yeah zombies drove me crazy! I played sims 3 in Bridgeport the other day and it notified me that a sim pressed the intercom to be let up to my sims flat-I clicked yes and it was a flaming zombie! Tricky little monster!
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Paparazzi. Zombies. Quests. Highrise apartments.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,638 Member
    edited November 2014
    On/off switches for things I don't want that others do. (I need more coffee!)

I don't want to be pestered/stalked in future games with cockroaches or papparazzi or zombies or magically generated squirrels. But I'm happy to have pestery things in the game if I can have an on/off switch. I don't even mind too much relying on a mod for that (as I do now for making neighbours less pestery), but I know lots of people who don't use mods at all and might like on/off switches for new features. I'd like one now for ghosts; I don't want them in my game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Celebrity. Don't want to deal with that. Also don't want to see celebrity endorsements like Katy Perry. No celebrities, no paparazzi.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    Anything vaguely resembling the celebrity system.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,149 Member
    Plantsims and mersims. I found them mostly annoying and useless, when I wanted a "realistic" game. It was nice you could switch off all the creatures that came with Supernatural, even zombies by not having full moon. But you just couldn't get rid of plantsims and mersims. Aliens weren't that bad, because they only turned up at night, and I didn't have to wake my sims up for them. And once one of my sims almost got abducted, but I reset him, when he was going to "explore the strange lights" or whatever it was.

But really, I don't mind any different types of sims in the game, if you actually have a choice of them showing up in your game or not.

Curfews are something really annoying, though, so I guess they shouldn't come back. Unless they already did? I hope they didn't...
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Sharks, the Kracken and Murphy beds. Why should I lose my sims to these things when I have spent ages creating them ?
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    ImNoComedianImNoComedian Posts: 886 Member
    I dont want to...................

1351205166_Google-Maps-8-Bit-Blow-NES-Cartridge.jpg

• Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    BUGS
    Quests and "to-do" lists. Scripted gameplay isn't a good fit with a "sandbox" game. A lot of players are already expressing boredom at doing the "same old, same old" over and over.
    Celebrity. Don't want to deal with that. Also don't want to see celebrity endorsements like Katy Perry. No celebrities, no paparazzi.

Ah, man. I was going to say those!
    tumblr_nbijvtxnUF1qmmt27o1_500.gif

:p In addition to what I'd quoted, I don't want any (more) social media related things added to the game. Not every young person is into the social media craze, EA.
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    The rumor system, the all-seeing gossips (how do they know that a sim has cheated if it was done behind closed doors on a private lot? Are the Sims living in some crazy world with spy cameras installed everywhere?).

Came here to add this, but it's already there. Well, I guess it doesn't hurt to say it twice :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2014
    High Rise apartments (I do want Apts but the Sims 2 style ones - not Sims 3 Highrise style) , Paparazi, Mummies, Neighbors that turn into Zombies, Strays, and burglars. Oh and that crappy rumor system - couples on their honeymoon should not get bad rumors and reputations going around them because they are honeymooning in a tent. Just stupid if you ask me. (What we do need is a proper honeymoon respectability no matter where sims go on Vacation for such things).

I also do not want any buildings in the game I cannot completely redo or have to encounter the game telling me i can't remove that parking lot or i can't change that door or any of that garbage. It's my game, it is made for me to create how i want - so why do I need to have to input cheats to do those things on the outside of my buildings? Cheats should be optional and not have to use them if i want a cheat free game - just to decorate a yard or make changes in a prebuilt Venues yards.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    religion.

what i want the most is aliens, a celebrity themed EP and seasons <3
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    Hthr0120Hthr0120 Posts: 292 Member
    What I don't want is an expansion or stuff pack that focusses on a celebrity.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    Hthr0120 wrote: »

But but but but but.... it's okay if we can make our sims celebrities, yes??? :hushed:

I seriously want an EP where sims can become celebs because some of my sims who I'm going to port to TS4 are celebs and it was a challenge trying to make that happen in the only iteration without a celeb EP!

I don't want zombies in any EP unless it is a Zombie-Only EP with no other content that I could possible want. Zombies are too scary.
  • Options
    Hthr0120Hthr0120 Posts: 292 Member
    edited November 2014
    Hthr0120 wrote: »

But but but but but.... it's okay if we can make our sims celebrities, yes??? :hushed:

I seriously want an EP where sims can become celebs because some of my sims who I'm going to port to TS4 are celebs and it was a challenge trying to make that happen in the only iteration without a celeb EP!

I don't want zombies in any EP unless it is a Zombie-Only EP with no other content that I could possible want. Zombies are too scary.

I didn't say I don't want a celebrity pack. I just don't want it focused on one celebrity, like the Katy Perry thing.

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Pretty much everything mentioned in this thread. lol