This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Now we need a Public Pools category for community lots

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Community lots are categorized by function, like in TS3. These categories also help determine what the sim AI does on that lot (I think).

The OP is disappointed that the introduction of pools did not include a "public pool" category. So far, uncontrolled sims don't even touch the pool. I've witnessed this in my game. I guess they've learned their lesson after all those...unexplained drownings. :-"

You may not want to do this but set it as park. Don't add a bar. Build a concession stand with fridge. None will starve but no grilling and no bars, the townies will use the pool more if it isn't coded as Not a bar but a park but leave out what you can to make it more a community pool park.

But I agree with others, I hated designated lots in the TS3 and hate them in this game. Why can't Sims just be attracted to what's on the lot like they were in the past in TS1 and TS2? I digress.

I thought that the problem with the park designation is you need the big rocket ship or pirate ship playground equipment. And those are big.

(Personally, I just worked a public pool into the existing park in Oasis Springs. It's not a very exciting pool, but I'm a bit crap as a builder.)

You can use a 40x30 lot and have plenty of space left for the park for kids away from the pool and the chess tables etc. I placed chess tables near the concession building for my Sims. I didn't enclose the front of it, but put the island counters as a bar with stools so they could eat from the fridge, like an open (but with roof covering) concession in the back, playground to the left and the pool and chairs and some tables front and center. I did have townies use the pools and sit around the pool. However, most the Sim townies in my game are very fat so it wasn't a pleasant experience. :s

I was pleased by one thing however, I saw one of my own Sims there just standing and invited him 'to learn to swim' hopefully he will swim when I'm not playing him now and maybe lose some of his weight, ha, since I did see he was gaining some but not so bad yet.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I agree we need a pool lot, I've put them in the park, and bulldozed the Museum in Oasis Spring to turn into a pool, I've made it a bar but I think that mean kids won't go. Oh well I suppose that means it will be an adults only pool :\
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited November 2014
    I added a pool to the Willow Springs park and had several townies jump in on just one visit. Park is the way to go.

-edit
    including children
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,701 Member
    Valandis wrote: »
    Generic public lot makes no one visit it. I'm so sad. :( I can't make it into a Park Lot because I haven't made room for the park objects.

Ugh! bummer!

Why is it that generic lots don't spawn sims to interact with?:(

If it was called "private venue" then ok. But generic? T_T It sucks!

Generic is another name for no visitors allowed.

• Options
    tronkybstronkybs Posts: 235 Member
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    ^This.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Vlydia713Vlydia713 Posts: 159 Member
    Yeah, another problem with generic is that you can't go on a date there (which was what I meant in my post). I don't know if this goes for the other events as well, but probably.

You know what would be the simplest solution for this? A cheat to bypass lot requirements. I'm surprised there isn't one already.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Juana wrote: »
    They need to make it so Sims can pee in the pools and cause everyone else to jump out. This seems right up the alley of the devs' humor, lol.

When someone pees in the pool the surrounding Sims do get an "Uncomfortably Warm" moodlet. B)
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Sims use the pools in the parks for me, but not in other venues. If I'm underrstanding correctly, I think I agree with you. I like that the venues tell you what things make it what it is, but I don't feel those objects should be mandatory. Wish it was more of a suggestion than a necessity.

I've added pools to both parks, and I've seen Sims use the one in Oasis Springs (haven't spent as much time in Willow Creek's yet; my current favorite families are in Oasis Springs). Might take a while for them to get the hint. I do like that you can click on a pool and select Swim Together if you're in a group, so that might be a way to get more Sims in the pool by traveling with a large group.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Vlydia713 wrote: »
    Yeah, another problem with generic is that you can't go on a date there (which was what I meant in my post). I don't know if this goes for the other events as well, but probably.

You know what would be the simplest solution for this? A cheat to bypass lot requirements. I'm surprised there isn't one already.

Probably it exists, but has not yet been made available by developers or modders
  • Options
    In the game normally, there is a public place as a generic set by the developers?
  • Options
    JazzyDee28JazzyDee28 Posts: 69 Member
    This and pool party social events, please! I was so excited to finally have pools in game but I don't seem to be getting much fun out of them right now. They just continue to look pretty and sparkly in my garden as my sims continue to neglect them, poor pools.
    get?url=https%3A%2F%2F31.media.tumblr.com%2Fcf6f411a215f705e08d78a6f96739137%2Ftumblr_nfu9sbOFKE1qewacoo1_500.gif&key=-H3jysO_6H7cKliHSXCvZg&w=800&h=204
  • Options
    LOVE_LOCKDOWNLOVE_LOCKDOWN Posts: 324 Member
    from the gallery! this is a park for pools done right!
    29ktk42.jpg
    14bsu8y.jpg
    http://sir-greendown.tumblr.com/
    2i0aybc.jpg

To find these sims4 creations type SOULB1 under origin ID.

• Options
    lmkrivcherlmkrivcher Posts: 509 Member
    I have had success using Park option for a public pool... I also agree the min requirements for lots is annoying!
    Simming since 2000 (whew!) <3
  • Options
    But it is normal for the baby of the family Landgraab, the family ready in the base game, he jumped in the pool with a t-shirt and sandals ???
    79b8ok0hjiq3.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,701 Member

catloverplayer wrote: »
    Any chance we can get a pool lot in the future?

SimguruLyndsay
    If I were a magic 8 ball I'd say "your chances look good". I can't comment on any specific timing or plans though.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,795 Member
    edited November 2014
    I think this game has too few lots to assign the community lots for any more categories than they gave us in the base game. It will build up to big frustration once they release more and more content, and each town can only have 5-6 of those options.

Right now I sent my family to the gym where I added a little pool in the backyard. Bummer, only the parents could go there, I assume kids are not supposed to visit that lot, not even with a pool and kids stuff in the backyard. Rather frustrating, but I will try recategorize it "generic" just for their visit, then there won't be any other visitors around and it will probably be a tad boring, lol...

Edit: My problem was solved. It was on a Friday before 3PM, so I think the game expected the kids to be in school. The game should know that it said there would be no school in 3 days, but maybe they got one extra day off because the pool patch, I don't know. Anyway, it looks like kids can't visit community lots with their parents before 3PM. Feels like a silly rule to me, but hey-ho...
    Post edited by Simmerville on
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg