Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims 4 Game is Slow and Laggy

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    @rosemow

I've done everything that's been suggested :( I know for a fact that this didn't happen until I updated the game so either it's a big coincidence or hopefully there will be some sort of fix in the next update, who knows. :(

I am so sorry that you are having these issues :(
    With each patch and pack that is released, it puts extra pressure on the computer to play the game, as new features are added.
    I added a few extra suggestions to try doing to the above post.
  • spaacecat10spaacecat10 Posts: 5 New Member
    @rosemow
    Thanks for all your help. Hopefully I can fix it somehow :(
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited January 2018
    @rosemow

I've done everything that's been suggested :( I know for a fact that this didn't happen until I updated the game so either it's a big coincidence or hopefully there will be some sort of fix in the next update, who knows. :(

@rosemow paged me to have a double look at your computer. I agree your laptop is under requirements. The more you add to the game the more demanding the game becomes. Just a patch can do your computer in. If your computer is under requirements the game may work one day and not the next. Sorry for the bad news

You would need another computer to play on that meets requirements. Even if you get the game to run a little while longer, your laptop won't survive the game and all the add ons. Your laptop is not designed to run this game. It is designed for light computer tasks . Forcing your laptop to run this game can shorten the lifespan or ruin your laptop.
  • victor213salasvictor213salas Posts: 7 New Member
    Same issues
    Same issues

Hello @victor213salas
    Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site and copy/paste the dxdiag info there. Press the buttion to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
    > @rosemow said:
    > victor213salas wrote: »
    >
    > Same issues
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @victor213salas
    > Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    > To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    > Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    > You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    > Type dxdiag in the text field
    > Click OK
    > Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    >
    >
    > After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site and copy/paste the dxdiag info there. Press the buttion to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    > Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member@victor213salas

h.t.t.p.s://pastebin.com/eSTpkV1u
    I get random lag spikes and my computer is new and it happens even on low settings but i get great fps until it get the lag spikes

h.t.t.p.s://pastebin.com/eSTpkV1u
    edited January 2018
    I get random lag spikes and my computer is new and it happens even on low settings but i get great fps until it get the lag spikes

https://pastebin.com/eSTpkV1u

https://pastebin.com/eSTpkV1u

Hello @victor213salas
    Your laptop meets the recommended requirements well.

Lowering the ingame screen resolution in game options may help.
    Playing in windowed or fullscreen windowed mode may help

Make sure that the game is using your nvidia card
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776882/sims-4-and-switchable-graphics-how-to-nvidia-amd

Sometime having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Close all other open windows in the desktop when playing the game and see if that helps.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Turn vsync on in game options.

If your sims live in San Myshuno, try moving them to another world
    Thanks for the tips my lag spikes barely happen now
  • ZilogManZilogMan Posts: 57 Member
    >
    > the HP computer model posted in the DxDiag was issued in 2010 and has an it has an integrated graphic card. A seven to eight year old computer is too old to upgrade and the hardware is too old to be saved. Google can be your friend. This game does require modern hardware. They would have the option to build their own or buy a new computer with modern hardware that will keep up with this game

support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-pavilion-p6600-desktop-pc-series/4269976/model/4344164/document/c02524612

It appears to have a standard ATX case. The motherboard has a PCI Express slot so you CAN fit a graphics card to it.

The processor is very slow by today's standards so even a very modest graphics card might not be fully utilized , but you could transfer that graphics card to a new computer or new motherboard/cpu/ram combination if the system still underperforms. You haven't really got much to lose by trying this - if a graphics card upgrade only forestalls the moment of obsolescence for one more game patch, you pushed back a major expense a few months.

I have one moderate concern about this HP - the power supply is only rated at 250 watts. That should still be enough for a 65watt cpu and a 75 watt geforce 1050 graphics card, though you could always add extra case fans if you're worried about overheating. I can't find any information on whether it's a standard ATX psu form factor though - on some very cheap systems, OEMs messed around with non-standard shaped power supply units so a replacement / upgraded part might not fit inside the case. Taking the side panel off to visually check (it should be rectangular shaped box, not some stupid L shaped thing) might be the only way to know for sure.

The biggest issue with fitting a new motherboard is that usually windows mostly doesn't boot afterward , especially if there's a big difference (going from Intel to AMD can be problematic). You can reinstall windows if you have a proper windows cd to fix that, but as a HP owner he won't get one, just a system recovery disk that will refuse to install if the motherboard is replaced with a 3rd party upgrade. Even if windows is able to "plug and play" the new motherboard, you'll start getting warnings your Windows licence is no longer valid and that you need to buy a new copy of windows etc.

Go for the graphics upgrade first, as i say it's something you can carry over to a new system and it's quite simple to do.
    ZilogMan wrote: »
    >
    > the HP computer model posted in the DxDiag was issued in 2010 and has an it has an integrated graphic card. A seven to eight year old computer is too old to upgrade and the hardware is too old to be saved. Google can be your friend. This game does require modern hardware. They would have the option to build their own or buy a new computer with modern hardware that will keep up with this game

support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-pavilion-p6600-desktop-pc-series/4269976/model/4344164/document/c02524612

It appears to have a standard ATX case. The motherboard has a PCI Express slot so you CAN fit a graphics card to it.

The processor is very slow by today's standards so even a very modest graphics card might not be fully utilized , but you could transfer that graphics card to a new computer or new motherboard/cpu/ram combination if the system still underperforms. You haven't really got much to lose by trying this - if a graphics card upgrade only forestalls the moment of obsolescence for one more game patch, you pushed back a major expense a few months.

I have one moderate concern about this HP - the power supply is only rated at 250 watts. That should still be enough for a 65watt cpu and a 75 watt geforce 1050 graphics card, though you could always add extra case fans if you're worried about overheating. I can't find any information on whether it's a standard ATX psu form factor though - on some very cheap systems, OEMs messed around with non-standard shaped power supply units so a replacement / upgraded part might not fit inside the case. Taking the side panel off to visually check (it should be rectangular shaped box, not some stupid L shaped thing) might be the only way to know for sure.

The biggest issue with fitting a new motherboard is that usually windows mostly doesn't boot afterward , especially if there's a big difference (going from Intel to AMD can be problematic). You can reinstall windows if you have a proper windows cd to fix that, but as a HP owner he won't get one, just a system recovery disk that will refuse to install if the motherboard is replaced with a 3rd party upgrade. Even if windows is able to "plug and play" the new motherboard, you'll start getting warnings your Windows licence is no longer valid and that you need to buy a new copy of windows etc.

Go for the graphics upgrade first, as i say it's something you can carry over to a new system and it's quite simple to do.

One the person you were responding to made no mention they want to upgrade. They asked me to read their computer specs against the requirements for this game.

This computer is not designed for upgrades. It's a general use computer and very old hardware at this point. HP does not make good cases with good cooling to house gaming hardware. The case and the cooling is just as important as the hardware inside. They now make allot of decent cases with decent cooling , have room for upgrades etc.

You are incorrect about the power supply needed for a 1050 so I suggest doing more research on your own time. The PSU runs the whole computer. They would also need a powerful enough CPU as not to bottleneck the 1050. When you decided to make your own part picker list for this person that they did not ask for , I believe (not looking ) you did not even mention they would need a CPU cooler. This game requires an i5 CPU or better. That is if one wants to survive the whole game as it adds more and more. It's a good idea to look at recommended requirements

Lets just say you and I agree to disagree . I do not want to send this thread any more off topic than it already has and I am done with this conversation.

• vamperella_d_heartvamperella_d_heart Posts: 11 New Member
    i'm having the same problem, slow/laggy and at some points looks like its frozen. i'm using a laptop called LENOVO ideapad 110 run by Intel. i tried the DXDIAG / pastebin and it was just too much to post. i ran something called the lenovo vantage hard wear scan and it runs a deep scan of the entire system (it just does the same thing that dxdiag does) and it tells me that there is nothing wrong and everything is up to date. i've defraged and ran disk clean ups but things stay the same. am i doing something wrong?
    i'm having the same problem, slow/laggy and at some points looks like its frozen. i'm using a laptop called LENOVO ideapad 110 run by Intel. i tried the DXDIAG / pastebin and it was just too much to post. i ran something called the lenovo vantage hard wear scan and it runs a deep scan of the entire system (it just does the same thing that dxdiag does) and it tells me that there is nothing wrong and everything is up to date. i've defraged and ran disk clean ups but things stay the same. am i doing something wrong?

The DxDiag text file shows all your installed computer hardware , if your drivers are up to date. Tech asks for this file so we can see what kind of computer hardware you have , does it meet game requirements, are your drivers out of date etc.

Without your DXDiag I have to google the Lenovo idea 110 model. The computer specs do not meet requirements to run the game. The more you add to this game, the more demanding the game becomes to a computer . When you have an under-powered computer that does not meet requirements, the game may play fine one day and not the next.

You can try lowering your in game settings to low, check off laptop mode in the launcher, play in windowed mode or lower the game resolution in the launcher. All these will take stress off your laptop. If none of that helps, I suggest uninstalling eps or packs to where your game played better before. I would not add any more EPs , GP's or packs to your current computer.

Laptops processor and video card can not be upgraded. You are stuck with the specs you buy . If your wanting to play this game an all it's add ons, including future add ons, you need a computer that meets recommended requirements. If you do not have another computer to play on, I suggest thinking about investing in a computer that meets requirements should you want to continue running this game. Sorry for the bad news.
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > vamperella_d_heart wrote: »
    >
    > i'm having the same problem, slow/laggy and at some points looks like its frozen. i'm using a laptop called LENOVO ideapad 110 run by Intel. i tried the DXDIAG / pastebin and it was just too much to post. i ran something called the lenovo vantage hard wear scan and it runs a deep scan of the entire system (it just does the same thing that dxdiag does) and it tells me that there is nothing wrong and everything is up to date. i've defraged and ran disk clean ups but things stay the same. am i doing something wrong?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The DxDiag text file shows all your installed computer hardware , if your drivers are up to date. Tech asks for this file so we can see what kind of computer hardware you have , does it meet game requirements, are your drivers out of date etc.
    >
    > Without your DXDiag I have to google the Lenovo idea 110 model. The computer specs do not meet requirements to run the game. The more you add to this game, the more demanding the game becomes to a computer . When you have an under-powered computer that does not meet requirements, the game may play fine one day and not the next.
    >
    > You can try lowering your in game settings to low, check off laptop mode in the launcher, play in windowed mode or lower the game resolution in the launcher. All these will take stress off your laptop. If none of that helps, I suggest uninstalling eps or packs to where your game played better before. I would not add any more EPs , GP's or packs to your current computer.
    >
    > Laptops processor and video card can not be upgraded. You are stuck with the specs you buy . If your wanting to play this game an all it's add ons, including future add ons, you need a computer that meets recommended requirements. If you do not have another computer to play on, I suggest thinking about investing in a computer that meets requirements should you want to continue running this game. Sorry for the bad news.

thanks for your help and i still have the DXDiag saved if you need it, but it was just to much to post on here and i tried to post the link to the site but this site said i couldn't post links.
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    >
    > i'm having the same problem, slow/laggy and at some points looks like its frozen. i'm using a laptop called LENOVO ideapad 110 run by Intel. i tried the DXDIAG / pastebin and it was just too much to post. i ran something called the lenovo vantage hard wear scan and it runs a deep scan of the entire system (it just does the same thing that dxdiag does) and it tells me that there is nothing wrong and everything is up to date. i've defraged and ran disk clean ups but things stay the same. am i doing something wrong?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The DxDiag text file shows all your installed computer hardware , if your drivers are up to date. Tech asks for this file so we can see what kind of computer hardware you have , does it meet game requirements, are your drivers out of date etc.
    >
    > Without your DXDiag I have to google the Lenovo idea 110 model. The computer specs do not meet requirements to run the game. The more you add to this game, the more demanding the game becomes to a computer . When you have an under-powered computer that does not meet requirements, the game may play fine one day and not the next.
    >
    > You can try lowering your in game settings to low, check off laptop mode in the launcher, play in windowed mode or lower the game resolution in the launcher. All these will take stress off your laptop. If none of that helps, I suggest uninstalling eps or packs to where your game played better before. I would not add any more EPs , GP's or packs to your current computer.
    >
    > Laptops processor and video card can not be upgraded. You are stuck with the specs you buy . If your wanting to play this game an all it's add ons, including future add ons, you need a computer that meets recommended requirements. If you do not have another computer to play on, I suggest thinking about investing in a computer that meets requirements should you want to continue running this game. Sorry for the bad news.

thanks for your help and i still have the DXDiag saved if you need it, but it was just to much to post on here and i tried to post the link to the site but this site said i couldn't post links.

Hello @vamperella_d_heart
    If you would like to post the DXDiag infornation here, after uploading it to pastebin, you can replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links. This will allow you to post the link.
    It would be good though to follow the suggestions that phoebebebe13 has posted about playing the game.
    h.t.t.ps://pastebin.com/raw/3xUrq56B
    is there anything i can do besides what was already suggested?
    is there anything i can do besides what was already suggested?

If you have CC and mods i would remove those but in the end you will need a computer that meets recommended requirements to continue all the add ons. Your computer is designed for very light tasks like browsing the web, streaming a movie. It is not designed to run this game and is way below requirements to run this game
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    >
    > is there anything i can do besides what was already suggested?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you have CC and mods i would remove those but in the end you will need a computer that meets recommended requirements to continue all the add ons. Your computer is designed for very light tasks like browsing the web, streaming a movie. It is not designed to run this game and is way below requirements to run this game

would i have the same problem running the sims 3 on this computer?
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    >
    > is there anything i can do besides what was already suggested?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you have CC and mods i would remove those but in the end you will need a computer that meets recommended requirements to continue all the add ons. Your computer is designed for very light tasks like browsing the web, streaming a movie. It is not designed to run this game and is way below requirements to run this game

would i have the same problem running the sims 3 on this computer?

Yes. The sims 3 is a pretty powerful game and it is complete unlike the sims 4. The sims 3 and 4 have same computer requirements though the games are programmed differently. Your laptop might be able to run the whole sims 2 game. That game does not require a gaming computer to run it.
    alright thanks for the help
    Your very welcome .