Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims 4 Game is Slow and Laggy

Comments

• Zvijezdica990Zvijezdica990 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > Zvijezdica990 wrote: »
    >
    > This is my laptop spec:
    > Intel Core i5-6200U CPU 2,36GHz
    > 4GB DDR3L 1600MHz
    > AMD Radeon R7 M340 2GB
    >
    > Now I have Sims 4 + 2EP + 1SP, it's running well. But I'm planing to buy more EP and SP. I know that for Cats&Dogs I need at least 4GB RAM so I want to upgrade my RAM memory.
    > My question is: Should I buy 1stick of 4GB RAM and add to existing 4GB stick ( I have 2 slots) or buy 1x8GB stick and use just that? What is better?
    > I'm not playing any games, just Sims 4.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's better to have your ram sticks run dual channel. 2x 4 gb would be better. You need to use same make and model ram sticks. I would check with your laptop manufacturer or a professional computer expert if you dont know what your doing. It all depends on if your laptop ram can be upgraded.
    >
    > Your laptop is also under recommended requirements to run the whole game when it is complete. Even if you can upgrade the ram, your laptop may not survive all the add ons to the game. In the end you may need to buy another computer to survive all the add ons.

Tnx! I'm planning on buying City Living, Cats&Dogs and Parenthood, Dine Out and Outdoor Retreat. I hope that this won't ruin my laptop....
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > Zvijezdica990 wrote: »
    >
    > This is my laptop spec:
    > Intel Core i5-6200U CPU 2,36GHz
    > 4GB DDR3L 1600MHz
    > AMD Radeon R7 M340 2GB
    >
    > Now I have Sims 4 + 2EP + 1SP, it's running well. But I'm planing to buy more EP and SP. I know that for Cats&Dogs I need at least 4GB RAM so I want to upgrade my RAM memory.
    > My question is: Should I buy 1stick of 4GB RAM and add to existing 4GB stick ( I have 2 slots) or buy 1x8GB stick and use just that? What is better?
    > I'm not playing any games, just Sims 4.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's better to have your ram sticks run dual channel. 2x 4 gb would be better. You need to use same make and model ram sticks. I would check with your laptop manufacturer or a professional computer expert if you dont know what your doing. It all depends on if your laptop ram can be upgraded.
    >
    > Your laptop is also under recommended requirements to run the whole game when it is complete. Even if you can upgrade the ram, your laptop may not survive all the add ons to the game. In the end you may need to buy another computer to survive all the add ons.

Tnx! I'm planning on buying City Living, Cats&Dogs and Parenthood, Dine Out and Outdoor Retreat. I hope that this won't ruin my laptop....

Your welcome. I don't know what it will do to your computer. You would need more ram for cats and dogs. I know if they add seasons that will be a game changer. no one knows what else EA is adding to this game . There may be more game changer eps or gps in the works .
  • ShilcornShilcorn Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey guys,

I don't know if I'm being a complete idiot or if there's something wrong with my Sims 4 game/Laptop. For the last couple of months my game has been lagging SUPER bad. The mouse barely responds when I'm using my touch pad and even though I've got my graphics on low and the Laptop mode option is switched on, everything in the game is just running so slow. I have tried everything I could think of.

First, I wiped my trash can which had a lot of items in it. I was for sure positive that would help speed things up but it didn't. So I took to clearing my downloads folder along with uninstalling programs I no longer use. Then, still convinced the game was lagging because of lack of memory I uninstalled the game TWICE, the second time around only reinstalling 3 expansion packs (Vampires, Dine Out and Get To Work). This didn't help either.

I took to trying updating my PC, this didn't help either. At this point I have no idea what's wrong. I have ran tests on my PC, cleared out any possible viruses. I have repaired the game via origin. I have turned my PC on and off. I have closed down almost all applications my laptop (as much as it lets me do so without exiting vital programs), and still nothing is working.

I have looked at post upon post, video upon video. I don't used mods so merging CC with Sims 4 Studio doesn't help. I have also tried running the game windowed rather than fullscreen (this actually made the game lag more?).

My PC specs are:

Processor: Intel(r) Celeron(R) CPU 1007U @1.50GHz 1.50GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 400.GB (3.88GB usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System x64 based processor

Pen and Touch: No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display.

Full specs: h.t.t.ps://pastebin.com/PpteCmy2

Please, can someone out there help?!
  • AprilApril Posts: 59 Member
    Shilcorn wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I don't know if I'm being a complete plum or if there's something wrong with my Sims 4 game/Laptop. For the last couple of months my game has been lagging SUPER bad. The mouse barely responds when I'm using my touch pad and even though I've got my graphics on low and the Laptop mode option is switched on, everything in the game is just running so slow. I have tried everything I could think of.

First, I wiped my trash can which had a lot of items in it. I was for sure positive that would help speed things up but it didn't. So I took to clearing my downloads folder along with uninstalling programs I no longer use. Then, still convinced the game was lagging because of lack of memory I uninstalled the game TWICE, the second time around only reinstalling 3 expansion packs (Vampires, Dine Out and Get To Work). This didn't help either.

I took to trying updating my PC, this didn't help either. At this point I have no idea what's wrong. I have ran tests on my PC, cleared out any possible viruses. I have repaired the game via origin. I have turned my PC on and off. I have closed down almost all applications my laptop (as much as it lets me do so without exiting vital programs), and still nothing is working.

I have looked at post upon post, video upon video. I don't used mods so merging CC with Sims 4 Studio doesn't help. I have also tried running the game windowed rather than fullscreen (this actually made the game lag more?).

My PC specs are:

Full specs: h.t.t.ps://pastebin.com/PpteCmy2

Unfortunately your laptop is below the minimum requirements. There is not much that can be done since laptops can't be upgraded. It would seem that your only option would be to get a new computer. @phoebebebe13 might be able to shed some light on the situation. Sorry for the bad news!
    Hey guys,

I don't know if I'm being a complete plum or if there's something wrong with my Sims 4 game/Laptop. For the last couple of months my game has been lagging SUPER bad. The mouse barely responds when I'm using my touch pad and even though I've got my graphics on low and the Laptop mode option is switched on, everything in the game is just running so slow. I have tried everything I could think of.

My PC specs are:

Full specs: https://pastebin.com/PpteCmy2

This laptop is unfortunatly way under requirements to run this game. This game does require a mid range gaming desktop. Laptop hardware is weaker than desktop hardware. If your going to play on laptop you need a higher end gaming laptop to equal the requirements for desktop.

Laptop video card and processor can not be upgraded. You are stuck with the specs you buy. Do you have another computer to play on? If not I suggest thinking about investing in a computer that meets requirements to continue playing the game. If yu post in the tech section , someone can help you find a computer that meets requirements to run the game. Sorry for the bad news
  • ShilcornShilcorn Posts: 2 New Member
    > @April said:
    > Shilcorn wrote: »
    >
    > Hey guys,
    >
    > I don't know if I'm being a complete plum or if there's something wrong with my Sims 4 game/Laptop. For the last couple of months my game has been lagging SUPER bad. The mouse barely responds when I'm using my touch pad and even though I've got my graphics on low and the Laptop mode option is switched on, everything in the game is just running so slow. I have tried everything I could think of.
    >
    > First, I wiped my trash can which had a lot of items in it. I was for sure positive that would help speed things up but it didn't. So I took to clearing my downloads folder along with uninstalling programs I no longer use. Then, still convinced the game was lagging because of lack of memory I uninstalled the game TWICE, the second time around only reinstalling 3 expansion packs (Vampires, Dine Out and Get To Work). This didn't help either.
    >
    > I took to trying updating my PC, this didn't help either. At this point I have no idea what's wrong. I have ran tests on my PC, cleared out any possible viruses. I have repaired the game via origin. I have turned my PC on and off. I have closed down almost all applications my laptop (as much as it lets me do so without exiting vital programs), and still nothing is working.
    >
    > I have looked at post upon post, video upon video. I don't used mods so merging CC with Sims 4 Studio doesn't help. I have also tried running the game windowed rather than fullscreen (this actually made the game lag more?).
    >
    > My PC specs are:
    >
    > Processor: Intel(r) Celeron(R) CPU 1007U @1.50GHz 1.50GHz
    >
    > Installed memory (RAM): 400.GB (3.88GB usable)
    >
    > System type: 64-bit Operating System x64 based processor
    >
    > Pen and Touch: No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display.
    >
    > Full specs: h.t.t.ps://pastebin.com/PpteCmy2
    >
    > Please, can someone out there help?!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Unfortunately your laptop is below the minimum requirements. There is not much that can be done since laptops can't be upgraded. It would seem that your only option would be to get a new computer. @phoebebebe13 might be able to shed some light on the situation. Sorry for the bad news!

Hey,

I thought that but my game was working perfectly up until a few months ago? It just randomly started lagging one day?
    edited November 2017
    > @April said:
    > Shilcorn wrote: »
    >
    > Hey guys,
    >
    > I don't know if I'm being a complete plum or if there's something wrong with my Sims 4 game/Laptop. For the last couple of months my game has been lagging SUPER bad. The mouse barely responds when I'm using my touch pad and even though I've got my graphics on low and the Laptop mode option is switched on, everything in the game is just running so slow. I have tried everything I could think of.
    >
    > First, I wiped my trash can which had a lot of items in it. I was for sure positive that would help speed things up but it didn't. So I took to clearing my downloads folder along with uninstalling programs I no longer use. Then, still convinced the game was lagging because of lack of memory I uninstalled the game TWICE, the second time around only reinstalling 3 expansion packs (Vampires, Dine Out and Get To Work). This didn't help either.
    >
    > I took to trying updating my PC, this didn't help either. At this point I have no idea what's wrong. I have ran tests on my PC, cleared out any possible viruses. I have repaired the game via origin. I have turned my PC on and off. I have closed down almost all applications my laptop (as much as it lets me do so without exiting vital programs), and still nothing is working.
    >
    > I have looked at post upon post, video upon video. I don't used mods so merging CC with Sims 4 Studio doesn't help. I have also tried running the game windowed rather than fullscreen (this actually made the game lag more?).
    >
    > My PC specs are:
    >
    > Processor: Intel(r) Celeron(R) CPU 1007U @1.50GHz 1.50GHz
    >
    > Installed memory (RAM): 400.GB (3.88GB usable)
    >
    > System type: 64-bit Operating System x64 based processor
    >
    > Pen and Touch: No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display.
    >
    > Full specs: h.t.t.ps://pastebin.com/PpteCmy2
    >
    > Please, can someone out there help?!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Unfortunately your laptop is below the minimum requirements. There is not much that can be done since laptops can't be upgraded. It would seem that your only option would be to get a new computer. @phoebebebe13 might be able to shed some light on the situation. Sorry for the bad news!

Hey,

I thought that but my game was working perfectly up until a few months ago? It just randomly started lagging one day?

They upped the computer requirements for cats and dogs . Any time you add more and more to this game, the game will become more demanding to a computer. If one wants to survive all the game add ons, one should have a computer that meets recommended requirements so yu don't fall behind being able to add more and more to this game.

PS even just a game patch can do your computer in to where the game won't play well anymore if your computer is under requirements
  • ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    I never went back to an old save before but I did for the first time today and my old save is extremely laggy. Like maybe 10 fps. But if I go back onto the new load, it works fine. I've been on my new load for maybe 2 weeks.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Elleysims wrote: »
    I never went back to an old save before but I did for the first time today and my old save is extremely laggy. Like maybe 10 fps. But if I go back onto the new load, it works fine. I've been on my new load for maybe 2 weeks.

Hello @Elleysims
    Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here

You will need to break up the pastebin link though by putting h.t.t.p. instead , because you are unable to post links because you are a new member.
  • ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    h.t.t.p.s.://pastebin.com/fEXcvAGg
    edited November 2017
    Elleysims wrote: »
    https.://pastebin.com/fEXcvAGg

https://pastebin.com/fEXcvAGg

Hello @Elleysims
    It would be best to go to the Nvidia site and update your graphics drivers.

If your sims 4 game is installed on the C drive , it would be best to move /install it on the D drive. You are getting lower on free space on the C drive. There is more space on the D drive. It would also be best to move your documents folder to the D drive also
    This link explains how to move your sims 4 game to another drive without needing to uninstall , download and reinstall it again.
    https://help.ea.com/article/backing-up-and-restoring-your-origin-games

This explains how to move your documents folder.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYfNmGnbxNw
  • crzyskatercrzyskater Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm having issues with lag. Can anyone help? My computer recently updated (I have a Windows 10) and after it updated I went to play the sims to find a message saying something about my local disk not being found, and that high graphics can be risky but I could change them to low. I was confused because I always played the sims 4 with high and very high graphics on and the game ran so smooth. I don't know what it means by local disk not being found? I tried playing and it was so laggy and slow so i tried turning graphics down, taking out custom content, deleting my sims 4 folder. and deleting cache folder. None of it worked and i'm getting a upset. I don't know why can someone please help me
    crzyskater wrote: »
    I'm having issues with lag. Can anyone help? My computer recently updated (I have a Windows 10) and after it updated I went to play the sims to find a message saying something about my local disk not being found, and that high graphics can be risky but I could change them to low. I was confused because I always played the sims 4 with high and very high graphics on and the game ran so smooth. I don't know what it means by local disk not being found? I tried playing and it was so laggy and slow so i tried turning graphics down, taking out custom content, deleting my sims 4 folder. and deleting cache folder. None of it worked and i'm getting a upset. I don't know why can someone please help me

Hello @crzyskater
    Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here

You will need to break up the pastebin link though by putting h.t.t.p. instead of http , because you are unable to post links because you are a new member.
    h.t.t.p.s://pastebin.com/Yuw3uqRP
    rosemow wrote: »

This is not the full DxDiag
    rosemow wrote: »

This is not the full DxDiag

Hello.
    I thought that you may perhaps be able to tell from the info that was posted whether the computer can handle the game? .
    It didn’t contain the graphics card details though,so I should have asked the simmer to post the full amount of info, I am sorry.

Could you please post all the dxdiag information to pastebin @crzyskater , then post the link here.

@phoebebebe13 I did what you said and pressed save all info and copy and paste. I will try again and see if it helps, i dont know if its because i have to go to the other tabs?

h.t.t.p.s://pastebin.com/rfjMVNHL
    edited November 2017
    @phoebebebe13 I did what you said and pressed save all info and copy and paste. I will try again and see if it helps, i dont know if its because i have to go to the other tabs?

https://pastebin.com/rfjMVNHL

Your system is old and under requirements from what I can see. Your monitor resolution is also too high

You would need a new computer to run this game. I looked up the model. It also probably does not support windows 10 since the hardware is old.
    @phoebebebe13 ah ok :/ that stinks. Thanks for helping me though
    Hello @crzyskater
    I am sorry about your computer :( If you would like help in buying a new computer that will run the Sims 4 game and packs, you can post your budget and where you live on a thread in this section of the forums and simmers will offer help and suggestions .
    @rosemow yeah i just need a cheap ish computer. Im getting a new one soon. But just a question, if its my computer why was it working perfectly fine just 3 days ago, its happened after I updated my computer 3 days ago, before it was working fine
    @rosemow yeah i just need a cheap ish computer. Im getting a new one soon. But just a question, if its my computer why was it working perfectly fine just 3 days ago, its happened after I updated my computer 3 days ago, before it was working fine

The windows update patch may have been a part of the issue. Also, with the recent game patches, each patch adds more things for your computer to process to run the game.
    if it were patches wouldn't you have to update your game? I know it could have been the recent computer updates, but I don't know i might just wait for a new computer.