This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Play Sims 3 for the first time since Sims 4 release

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    I am going back to sims 3. I get more out of it atm.

I agree. I do get more out of TS3 because of all of the content I have bought, from EPs to Store items. If I can look beyond many glitches in TS4, I can certainly look past the lag of TS3.

I will still play TS4, but not as much as TS3, until more content is released.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    Nah, I uninstalled TS3 the day I got TS4. I couldn't even play TS3 in full screen mode and it was buggy as all get out. (Might be because I have all the expansion packs.) I don't really miss the game and I fully enjoy the fourth one.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    I am going back to sims 3. I get more out of it atm.

I agree. I do get more out of TS3 because of all of the content I have bought, from EPs to Store items. If I can look beyond many glitches in TS4, I can certainly look past the lag of TS3.

I will still play TS4, but not as much as TS3, until more content is released.

I would be able to look beyond the lag in ts3 if it didn't every 2 seconds on low settings.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I am one of the lucky ones. I don't have a lot of problems with it. Why that is I have no idea. I play with aging off and anything that has to do with online off.
  • Options
    Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    TS3 is still superior tan TS4,even if they add pools,they will have to do much more if they want to bring back the sims basefans
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I want to go back so badly. I miss the stories and the immersion, but... the lag. Hate to sound like a broken record, but it just ruined the game for me. I really really enjoy Sims 4 but I miss Sims 3 content. I look forward to Sims 4 developing into the game Sims 3 could have been. ^.^
    I don't think Sims 4 will ever be what Sims 3 could have been, because it clearly takes a different direction.
    Some prefer that direction, some don't, but Sims 4 will never be anything like Sims 3 I think.
    I wish...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Like i said often play what makes you happy the most, and i really must agree its still TS 3 :p
    I have 3 Generations Sims installed all ready to play and all runs without any problems.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Like i said often play what makes you happy the most, and i really must agree its still TS 3 :p
    I have 3 Generations Sims installed all ready to play and all runs without any problems.

Thank you so much for helping me earlier. Installed the mods and yay it ran even better than before and it wasnt bad before! :-) Cannot thank you enough!
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member

Thank you so much for helping me earlier. Installed the mods and yay it ran even better than before and it wasnt bad before! :-) Cannot thank you enough!

you're welcome, i am glad i could help you :smile:
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,662 Member
    IRL I have been Christmas shopping and not playing anything for several days. I haven't played S3 since S4 came out. I think one of the things is ease of getting in and out of the game and saving. They are very fast. Building/buying is together making it faster to build and love the new roofing system. However, each game I start results in bugs. I adopted one child and she had 3 homework books, I think from asking her about school right after adopting. I forget what the other things were, but it is hard to start a game if you know there are going to be problems. I next to never had problems in S3 after playing vanilla. Sometimes, when people say they had lag ect. I wonder if they play with mods and cc. I think cc and mods and people refusing to give them up was a huge part of the Sims 3 problems along with the base being messed up. However, I plan to play both.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    ?.. did we have toddlers in the base game??
    LOL
    (that... was a joke wasn't it?)

No I genuinely couldn't remember. I'm getting old.
    I installed S3 along with generations and weather. made a family then moved them into a house, this was 2am. I was trying to change the eyes and cheek bones lol, I had forgotten how limited make a sim is. The only attraction was having the toddler. I won't be playing it. The sims are soo tiny. In S4 they seem to be bigger fuller more 3D, In S3 there soo flat with no features. like playing with cardboard dolls.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited November 2014
    Not a Joke I really can't remember, I have a feeling the toddlers came with Generation though, so I'll have to install that to. Oh I can't be bothered now, maybe in a few weeks when and if I get bored with sims4. At the moment I'm playing the Pancake family and they've just a daughter that looks just like him. I never seem to get past first generation, but I'm determined to carry on. Maybe get her married to the young Goth boy.
    This picture was taken long before Generations.

187393562.jpg

But if you want to install Generations please do ;)

aren't they soo cute, really miss the toddlers in S4. Thanks for the reminder. Maybe I just need to change my settings, I forgot they looked this good.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2014
    I'm one of those lucky people with a decent machine. The only trouble I ever had with Sims 3 was routing issues, and NRAAS took care of those. Did I like the pudding heads? Nope. But default skin helped. Later on someone made sliders that allowed me to really adjust the faces and even bodies. No more pudding heads. I still play TS3 and I still like it. The worlds are beautiful whether your sim is moving around in them or whether you're in Edit Town mode. The same can't be said for TS4 with it's beiged out neighborhoods. I know a lot of people like the style, but I don't like my landscaping to look so cartoony. I far prefer the look of TS3.

I like the game play better, too, but I am slogging away at TS4 to give it a chance. Right now I can't think of anything EA could offer me to make me want to throw more money into this game. Even if they put the items I miss into an EP, I would feel like they withheld them purposefully just to get more money out of their customers. My days of buying every EP and stuff pack are long gone. But I'm old and still hold resentment for the way they ruined other games before this (Ultima, anyone? Dumbed down DA2? SimCity Societies?).

I do not believe they withheld anything in Sims 4 - they simply ran out of time, had already had 2 delays and knew no was the answer if they asked for a third delay - otherwise we would not be getting stuff for free patches - believe me. As that accomplishes nothing for their pocket book. In the amount of time to finish the things in the patch even tells me this stuff had been started in the programming - especially some things from adding the ghost are far more indepth than they could have been done as well as they did just in a patch. They had to tie those patches into the core game and I will not believe for a minute the channels did not already exist for them to tie into or that there were not already hidden files waiting in the core game for the finished additions. There are a lot of animations in the ghosts - yet they were the first thing to be patched in - so I believe it was just a matter of time why they were not in the game when it came out. Don't forget that at last years Gamescom and they said the game would be delayed a year (Which ended up a year and a half from the initial planned release) that they said all life stages would be in the game as would be cemetaries, some of the regular careers and all the staples we were accustomed to.

What a difference a year makes as the 2014 Gamescom they answered no questions about any of the same things 2013 they said were in the game - which ended up having no answers because they were no longer in the game.

But honestly if their intention was to nickle in dime folks with getting back content we were missing - I assure you none of it would be a free download. Nevermind the fact one month from release they had the whole ghost scenario completed and ready to tie in seamlessly into the game. You are not going to tell me this was not already mostly done - it just wasn't finished and tested and why it was cut off from happening at the point Grimmy showed up.

The pools I believe likewise as they were probably done, but the animations to keep them separate from fountains was not complete and tested. They used to get a lot of complaints about sims swimming in fountains or getting stuck in them - so i am assuming to get those thing separated just was not ready when they had to stop adding stuff to the game and wrap it up.

One thing the Sims team is famous for is withholding info about things in a coming game or ep - and think about it - they announced ghost, pools, and careers all at the same time. It is highly unlikely they announce things not practically ready to be added to the main programming, never mind giving us an approximately time we will be getting these things if they did not already at least partially exist. Never mind if it was something they wanted to make more money off of - it would not be for free.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2014
    Also many of the issues in Sims 3 become non-existent when the game maps are reworked and fixed - so the issues with Sims 3 is far more about sloppy map making than it is about coding. Just reconnecting sections of the maps where holes exist total stops the lagging and stuck sims problems in Sims 3. I have played on EA's maps, then played on the same exact maps redone by a competent CAW builder and have absolutely no issues in those same worlds with no stuck sims and no lag at all.

It was obvious Sims 3 issues was less about coders and more about being more careful with map making. I know simmer who make Sims 3 maps that run flawlessly no matter how big the world is. If it was bad coding that would not be possible.

ETA - Also there are a few ep made Venues in Sims 3 that do have issues due to coding seeing the game was recoded for Pets and then again totally recoded for the Seasons ep - and after all this recoded some older as well as even some newer Venues did develope strange codig issues. The combo school and gyms have issues that create hesitations like hiccups in the game if they are in any of your world. Removing those and adding a separate school and a separate gym eliminates that really annoying hesitation. Some of the Big Venue showtime venues have door issues but if you turn the building by moving it to another lot that faces a different direction - which is weird - the sims stop getting stuck. Almost all the EA made high rise Venues has elevator shaft issues. Nothing but totally rebuilding the elevator shafts fixes this. In my game I simply have no high rises, no combo schools, and no big Venues - I build my own big show Venue.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Also many of the issues in Sims 3 become non-existent when the game maps are reworked and fixed - so the issues with Sims 3 is far more about sloppy map making than it is about coding. Just reconnecting sections of the maps where holes exist total stops the lagging and stuck sims problems in Sims 3. I have played on EA's maps, then played on the same exact maps redone by a competent CAW builder and have absolutely no issues in those same worlds with no stuck sims and no lag at all.

It was obvious Sims 3 issues was less about coders and more about being more careful with map making. I know simmer who make Sims 3 maps that run flawlessly no matter how big the world is. If it was bad coding that would not be possible.

I agree there. They didnt take the time to test the worlds properly and fix before release.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    I played The Sims 4 exclusively since its release until just a few days ago. I have just now started playing The Sims 3 again. The latest and greatest new things about TS4 are CAS, new build mode tools, emotions and multi-tasking. I like the game. But in a trade for all that new stuff I like TS3 open worlds over all of that. I have gone back to play a new game in Roaring Heights. I can honestly say that I don't miss any of the new stuff we got with TS4 and I don't prefer the new game play either. I will continue to play TS4 as new stuff is patched and released for the game. But after nearly 3 months of giving TS4 a fair shot I can say TS3 is still the game for me. This is unlike the transition I made from TS2 to TS3. When TS3 came out I loved it instantly and never looked back.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    GlimmerCloveGlimmerClove Posts: 90 Member
    > @CK213 said:
    > astridentanja wrote: »
    >
    > stewielover1992 wrote: »
    >
    > The lighting is terrible.
    >
    >
    >
    > If lighting is a problem for you, how on earth can you enjoy Sims 4
    > CK213 wrote: »
    >
    > I wanted to hug create-a-style.
    >
    > 🐸🐸🐸🐸 TS3 sims looked all the more 🐸🐸🐸🐸 after playing TS4.
    > But I also liked being back in a world with a little more realistic graphics. I still can't get into TS4's cartoony graphics.
    >
    > I really missed TS3. It plays fine for me.
    > It was nice trying out TS4's cool features, but it's still not enough to keep me interested.
    >
    >
    >
    > I really don't understand how you can say this, because your avatar is very attractive.
    > I get a little happy everytime I come across one of your posts because of him
    > No S4 sim could ever look like that, but I fear I just fancy 🐸🐸🐸🐸 people, that must be it ;-)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > astridentanja
    >
    > Not my TS3 sims.
    > The ones EA creates.
    >
    > Those are the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 ones. I have to make over just about every sim in town.
    >
    >
    > Matthew Hamming
    >
    >
    > Marina Prattle
    >
    >
    > Vlad Schlick
    >
    >
    > Jessica Talon