This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Play Sims 3 for the first time since Sims 4 release

Comments

• Options
    crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

The Sims 3 HATES a lot of Nvidia cards, which is why a lot of people experience problems with it. Even though they are all supported, only a few work glitch free. The rest have graphical glitches (freezing Sims, slow rendering, lag, disappearing Sims etc) which is why you get all those problems.
    It also doesn't run well on integrated graphics either.

So basically, some people will find it runs perfectly. But most people experience problems that won't go away no matter how much RAM, and how fast your processor is etc.

I have integrated graphics and the game runs fine.
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • Options
    BiasedLibraBiasedLibra Posts: 200 Member
    I've gone back and played it. I like to think of the two as completely different games, so for me it's not about comparing them, it's about the fact that each has something different to offer me. Btw, the issue a lot of people had with TS3 lagging or crashing is the fact that the game is constantly expanding it's own universe. The story progression insures that each sim in your town has a story, weather you are looking or not, and that their story continues. So you have a lot of information build up after a while. Thus the lagging and crashing.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I just re-installed S3 yesterday because I heard Don L. was on there, LOL. All the years of playing S3 I never realized that. I was curious! After searching the gym, and not seeing him jogging on the sidewalks, I decided to check out the Tattoo Parlor. Yep, there he was, as a stylist :o No tattoo's that I could see. He was not the Don L. in S3 as in S4 :p Needless to say my Sim is not interested in him in S3, but I really enjoyed playing S3 again. I re-installed some other packs and I have been playing S3 all night, LOL
  • Options
    ReitereiReiterei Posts: 32 Member
    > @bshag4lv said:
    > I played S3 yesterday. I now play both 3 and 4 as there are things in both I love.
    >
    > I finally found the solution to my lags and freezes, I only have 4 eps and 2 sps installed and the game runs great. I never miss ST, Pets, ITF but wish I could install IP and SN. Gen has always been, meh. IP has too many routing issues and in SN, the alchemy station is glitched in every game I play so what's the use. Other than that I'm have a blast playing S3. :D

That's pretty much what I did, reduced my expansion packs, and no more lag :D
  • Options
    AyuismAyuism Posts: 286 Member
    I haven't went back to The Sims 3 yet and, in fact, I am planning to uninstall it. Only from my laptop because I don't have enough space for both. I will keep The Sims 2, 3 and 4 on my desktop (when we finally reunite!)
  • Options
    georgeishungrygeorgeishungry Posts: 94 Member
    I've gone back to playing TS3 recently. I prefer TS4 in terms of gameplay but TS3 is my favourite for building.
    SMagazine is a magazine all about design and inspiration in The Sims, full of your creations, tips and interviews with people in the community (even SimGurus from time to time!)

smagazineofficial.co.uk
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2014
    shay480 wrote: »
    I miss building houses and creating worlds, so I will definitely keep TS3 up and running. I'm not fond of build mode in this game, but I'm actually playing a family, which is something I rarely did in TS3. I'm on generation 3, which is almost unheard of in any of my worlds or in any version of the game. :) And I'm playing in a premade house, which I have never done. I'm even following a few builders in the gallery and really loving their houses, so I guess I'll go back and forth. One game for creating, and the other for enjoying other people's creations.

Pretty much sums up The Sims 4. It's mostly about the families rather than the world/build aspect.
    How is S4 more about families when there is no family tree, no story progression, no toddlers, teens you can't recognize?
    I sincerely wonder, because playing a family is the very heart in my Sims 3 game.
    That game is much more about family than S4 appears to be. A spontaneous cuddle every now and then isn't enough for me to magically turn it into 'mostly about families'.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    I played about a week ago. I recently got a new video card and wanted to see if TS3 would run better. I started a new family with toddlers. The game ran fine at first, then slowly but surely the lag started up again, and my game crashed. Twice. Sigh. I really love TS3 but my computer just hates running it. :\

I miss toddlers, they're so cute! Parent-toddler interactions are endearing. I really hope they come back soon.
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited October 2014
    Progress;

so far I've reinstalled TS3 base game, World Adventures, High-End Loft Stuff and Ambitions..

Just 16 to go... LOL! :|

[I have a feeling the grim reaper will come for my PC once I install all the cc and mods again]
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    I returned to TS3. I don't really feel like explaining why TS4 doesn't keep my interest. I'm not regretting freeing up the HDD-space that TS4 took, though. DA:I next month. I can use the HDD-space for better things, obviously.
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    I kinda left off playing Ts4 for the last week or so. It just not holding my interest ATM since it's still a base and finding stuff to do s getting a bit hard. I still have families in Ts3 that I'm still playing, but I'm only playing ts3 due to its content level the variety of stuff to do.

But since yesterday I've been playing The Evil Within on ps4, so o don't see myself playing ts4 for awhile now till I get through that.
  • Options
    stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    edited October 2014
    I haven't played since getting the sims 4. I feel like I can't go back. The sims 3 is so ugly. The lighting is terrible. The pudding faces are terrifying. Every time I see a sims 3 screenshot I gag a little. I'll probably play once in a blue moon, but I'd have to force myself to play so I don't feel like I wasted money on expansion packs I bought this summer that I barely used.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,559 Member
    I wanted to hug create-a-style.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 TS3 sims looked all the more 🐸🐸🐸🐸 after playing TS4.
    But I also liked being back in a world with a little more realistic graphics. I still can't get into TS4's cartoony graphics.

I really missed TS3. It plays fine for me.
    It was nice trying out TS4's cool features, but it's still not enough to keep me interested.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CommanderKeenCommanderKeen Posts: 614 Member
    DA:I next month.
    clipart-thumbs-up-happy-smiley-emoticon-512x512-8595.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    TS3 sims look fine with custom content, but yeah when I went back with CC I just couldn't.. ;L and those grins they always pull at least in my families are just scary.
  • Options
    Alex2315Alex2315 Posts: 639 Member
    edited October 2014
    SimMommy05 wrote: »
    I tried to play Sims 3 a few days ago. I was surprised and mildly amused at myself because I forgot how to rotate the camera with the mouse, I had to use the keyboard. I was setting up Roaring Heights with venues I wanted and was having a good time when my son pulled the plug on the computer. I hadn't saved anything and didn't feel like going back and redoing all that work again. I plan on trying again this weekend, maybe.

That was one of the problems with 3 imo

It was such an uphill battle trying to run and play the game that it wasn't even fun, that's where im hoping the sims 4 shines with a better game engine that doesn't have the constant lag like 3 has
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The lighting is terrible.
    If lighting is a problem for you, how on earth can you enjoy Sims 4 :\
    CK213 wrote: »
    I wanted to hug create-a-style.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 TS3 sims looked all the more 🐸🐸🐸🐸 after playing TS4.
    But I also liked being back in a world with a little more realistic graphics. I still can't get into TS4's cartoony graphics.

I really missed TS3. It plays fine for me.
    It was nice trying out TS4's cool features, but it's still not enough to keep me interested.
    I really don't understand how you can say this, because your avatar is very attractive.
    I get a little happy everytime I come across one of your posts because of him B)
    No S4 sim could ever look like that, but I fear I just fancy 🐸🐸🐸🐸 people, that must be it ;-)

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Alex2315 wrote: »
    SimMommy05 wrote: »
    I tried to play Sims 3 a few days ago. I was surprised and mildly amused at myself because I forgot how to rotate the camera with the mouse, I had to use the keyboard. I was setting up Roaring Heights with venues I wanted and was having a good time when my son pulled the plug on the computer. I hadn't saved anything and didn't feel like going back and redoing all that work again. I plan on trying again this weekend, maybe.

That was one of the problems with 3 imo

It was such an uphill battle trying to run and play the game that it wasn't even fun, that's where im hoping the sims 4 shines with a better game engine that doesn't have the constant lag like 3 has
    One of the problems with 3? People pulling the plug you mean?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Haiden wrote: »
    I kinda left off playing Ts4 for the last week or so. It just not holding my interest ATM since it's still a base and finding stuff to do s getting a bit hard. I still have families in Ts3 that I'm still playing, but I'm only playing ts3 due to its content level the variety of stuff to do.

But since yesterday I've been playing The Evil Within on ps4, so o don't see myself playing ts4 for awhile now till I get through that.

SECOND THAT! Evil Within :D
  • Options
    Alex2315Alex2315 Posts: 639 Member
    edited October 2014
    I tried going back to sims 3 today and couldn't even play.. Ten minutes in the game crashed

I was surprised that the game wasn't bad at first but it got choppy so fast and then just froze up, not missing that in four either
  • Options
    I finally reinstalled all TS3 and it works like a charm, I've never had it run so quickly. Brief yet beautiful moment of no lag will be remembered before I cripple it with CC.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited October 2014
    letha1976 wrote: »
    What is with all this "TS3" is all laggy and crashes nonsense? I've never had problems with TS3, it must be your mods that you're using, or your settings, you should find out what your computer can handle before making your settings all maxed out. I uninstalled TS3 when TS4 came out, I went back and installed TS3 and have lots of fun with it, I missed simtroplis and adding subways to that world, so I could do "play for tips" in the subway, I don't have all the eps or sps installed, just a few, the last ep I got was showtime(should of stopped at late night)
    I totally agree...I don't understand when people say stuff like that because they probably are running the game on a computer that can't handle it or a laptop. Sometimes it actually is a glitch but most of the time it isn't...if you want to enjoy a game without problems, have a nice computer...it's that simple. I play The Sims 3 on the gaming computer I built myself and it runs like a dream...no lag, no bugs, nothing. The sims 4 on the other hand...it crashes like CRAZY! And I know it's not my computer because other people are having this issue also...TS4 runs like a dream on my pc too it just crashes whenever it wants to but it might be because of my mods..ehh I don't know... I don't really mind it though because I find the sims 4 to be quite boring and corny after a while and I mostly play TS3
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited October 2014
    steve7859 wrote: »
    shay480 wrote: »
    I miss building houses and creating worlds, so I will definitely keep TS3 up and running. I'm not fond of build mode in this game, but I'm actually playing a family, which is something I rarely did in TS3. I'm on generation 3, which is almost unheard of in any of my worlds or in any version of the game. :) And I'm playing in a premade house, which I have never done. I'm even following a few builders in the gallery and really loving their houses, so I guess I'll go back and forth. One game for creating, and the other for enjoying other people's creations.

I'm the same I don't like build mode its meant to be easier yet I find it so frustrating and I have been a builder since Sims 1! ! For that reason I have found I actually play live mode alot more in 4 than I think I have with any previous Sims game.
    I'm not a builder either and I totally agree. It's hard to find stuff with the new build/ buy mode and moving things like rooms is difficult even though they said it would be easy.
    It also annoys me how the walls up/ down button is at the top of the screen with a bunch of other things that should've just been kept at one part of the screen..the bottom ... Like it has been in all of the sims games besides this one
    Post edited by alexandrea on
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    lotlot80lotlot80 Posts: 758 Member
    No, I do miss somethings about Sims 3, but I uninstalled everything when Sims 4 was released.

♥♥---->>> Please Leave A Comment On My NEW Builds Thread !! --- I'd Really Appreciate It. <<<----♥♥

The Sims 3 HATES a lot of Nvidia cards, which is why a lot of people experience problems with it. Even though they are all supported, only a few work glitch free. The rest have graphical glitches (freezing Sims, slow rendering, lag, disappearing Sims etc) which is why you get all those problems.
    It also doesn't run well on integrated graphics either.

So basically, some people will find it runs perfectly. But most people experience problems that won't go away no matter how much RAM, and how fast your processor is etc.
    That's ironic...didn't Ea pretty much endorse and recommend Nvidia?? Lol that's so crazy
    p6tqefj