Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I am so close to being done if I include the occult stuff I only have 12 more to go without it 26. Leila is 3 days frim aging into an elder and I'll have to pick one of the twins to be the next. Baby maker either Karli and Annabella. I really like Karli's name so I'll probably use her. Which is how I ended up with Lelia since she was a triplet and had a sister and brother but we'll see how it goes since the twins are still just babies

For twins, I just pick which ever was born last. I figure that is the one that is the youngest officially haha! My current matriarch was a twin as well. Hope that helps.
    @Ashley745 Lucy visits some of the Meadows Crew
    N54Gl7G.png

Georgia is now moved out of our home. Cebu and Russia are now kids. Paris is now a tot. Infant girl Malawi.

It's early weekend and Russia and Cebu have done their homework, a school project, and have their skills up, and full responsiblity, so they had a chance to just play out on the backyard swingset for a change.

vG6UMqx.png
    QznE71K.png
  • EmschmemEmschmem Posts: 84 Member
    By far my favorite sims challenge created! I've only played once, but I love watching other people play it on YouTube and see what they choose to do with it! Always stays interesting!
  • Monbebe8819Monbebe8819 Posts: 23 Member
    [quote="SimAlexandria;c-17141849"][quote="Monbebe8819;c-17141834"]I am so close to being done if I include the occult stuff I only have 12 more to go without it 26. Leila is 3 days frim aging into an elder and I'll have to pick one of the twins to be the next. Baby maker either Karli and Annabella. I really like Karli's name so I'll probably use her. Which is how I ended up with Lelia since she was a triplet and had a sister and brother but we'll see how it goes since the twins are still just babies [/quote]

For twins, I just pick which ever was born last. I figure that is the one that is the youngest officially haha! My current matriarch was a twin as well. Hope that helps. [/quote]

Thank you!! It does and I supposed I could just change Annabellas name to something if I want to. But I think I'm gonna put that save (on console) aside for a while as i just was able to add five new packs to my pc game so im gonna try this challenge out in sulani.!! Maybe get to have sime merbabies while I'm at it!!
  • KittypurrKittypurr Posts: 3 New Member
    I have been doing this challenge ever since I saw the first episode of the 100 baby challenge by Kelsey on YouTube. I am now at 67 babies and have been wondering what people are doing when they move out the young adults. I would like to have my sims that have moved out continue with some of the aspirations that have been picked. Is there a way to do that without it interfering with this challenge. Please let me know. Thank you
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    So I have a mildly unrelated fun fact to tell you guys, last night I had the most weird dream. My kid was a newborn again and I was holding him in my arms, this little soft bundle of joy and I was pregnant again. Very pregnant, so much so that I was in labor! So I was trying to hold my baby and deliver another, it was so difficult and stressful, my dream took a turn to the worse and I woke up feeling kind of weird. Then I remembered I was playing the 100 baby challenge and that's probably where it all came from :D I laughed so hard once I realized, I know it's silly. So much stuff for my brain to deal with while I sleep and of course it's the sims that's gonna stick haha
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Has there been any update to the rules in Occult as it relates to mermaids? Just curious if there was an 'mermaid incentive', similar to the alien and vampire incentive' where babies will count as 2.

Also can mermaids be a matriarch?
    edited July 2019
    Kittypurr wrote: »
    I have been doing this challenge ever since I saw the first episode of the 100 baby challenge by Kelsey on YouTube. I am now at 67 babies and have been wondering what people are doing when they move out the young adults. I would like to have my sims that have moved out continue with some of the aspirations that have been picked. Is there a way to do that without it interfering with this challenge. Please let me know. Thank you

You can move them to another safe. You might be able to do it by turning aging off during the time you're playing with other households as long as you remember to turn it back as soon as you play the hundred baby one. I haven't tried it this way so I don't know if it would work or not. And make sure you don't use MCCC or something during it so it doesn't affect your hundred baby household
    Livinity wrote: »
    So I have a mildly unrelated fun fact to tell you guys, last night I had the most weird dream. My kid was a newborn again and I was holding him in my arms, this little soft bundle of joy and I was pregnant again. Very pregnant, so much so that I was in labor! So I was trying to hold my baby and deliver another, it was so difficult and stressful, my dream took a turn to the worse and I woke up feeling kind of weird. Then I remembered I was playing the 100 baby challenge and that's probably where it all came from :D I laughed so hard once I realized, I know it's silly. So much stuff for my brain to deal with while I sleep and of course it's the sims that's gonna stick haha

Haha 😂 too funny though! I wish that it Would happen haha. Would love another IRL baby lol
    Has there been any update to the rules in Occult as it relates to mermaids? Just curious if there was an 'mermaid incentive', similar to the alien and vampire incentive' where babies will count as 2.

I don't think there's been any update about it yet.
  • Ashley745Ashley745 Posts: 297 Member

So I checked over on her simblr and this is what I found in a question about updates to the rules from Island Living
    I’ve already updated the 100 Baby Challenge for Island Living. You can use the in-game trait randomiser instead of Pinstar’s now if you want, and your matriarch can’t take any part-time jobs. Mermaids fall under occult rules. Anything that isn’t specifically mentioned is allowed.

Check out my stories
    Andrews Legacy (Currently on Gen 3)
    Christy's 100 Baby Challenge
    Robinson Collab Legacy (Currently on Gen 2)
  • Ashley745Ashley745 Posts: 297 Member

So I checked over on her simblr and this is what I found in a question about updates to the rules from Island Living
    I’ve already updated the 100 Baby Challenge for Island Living. You can use the in-game trait randomiser instead of Pinstar’s now if you want, and your matriarch can’t take any part-time jobs. Mermaids fall under occult rules. Anything that isn’t specifically mentioned is allowed.
    Check out my stories
    Andrews Legacy (Currently on Gen 3)
    Christy's 100 Baby Challenge
    Robinson Collab Legacy (Currently on Gen 2)
  • KittypurrKittypurr Posts: 3 New Member
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > Kittypurr wrote: »
    >
    > I have been doing this challenge ever since I saw the first episode of the 100 baby challenge by Kelsey on YouTube. I am now at 67 babies and have been wondering what people are doing when they move out the young adults. I would like to have my sims that have moved out continue with some of the aspirations that have been picked. Is there a way to do that without it interfering with this challenge. Please let me know. Thank you
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You can move them to another safe. You might be able to do it by turning aging off during the time you're playing with other households as long as you remember to turn it back as soon as you play the hundred baby one. I haven't tried it this way so I don't know if it would work or not. And make sure you don't use MCCC or something during it so it doesn't affect your hundred baby household

I'm still learning how to play Sims 4, how do you move them to another save?
    Kittypurr wrote: »
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > Kittypurr wrote: »
    >
    > I have been doing this challenge ever since I saw the first episode of the 100 baby challenge by Kelsey on YouTube. I am now at 67 babies and have been wondering what people are doing when they move out the young adults. I would like to have my sims that have moved out continue with some of the aspirations that have been picked. Is there a way to do that without it interfering with this challenge. Please let me know. Thank you
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You can move them to another safe. You might be able to do it by turning aging off during the time you're playing with other households as long as you remember to turn it back as soon as you play the hundred baby one. I haven't tried it this way so I don't know if it would work or not. And make sure you don't use MCCC or something during it so it doesn't affect your hundred baby household

I'm still learning how to play Sims 4, how do you move them to another save?

There's a couple of ways. You could upload them to your library and then download them in a new game save file. But probably the easier way is to just save your game by hitting save as and renaming it which will create a second copy of the game with a different name. Just don't mix the two up haha
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Thanks so much @SimAlexandria & @Ashley745 !!
  • Citrine_Will0wLarkCitrine_Will0wLark Posts: 1 New Member
    Quick Question. My youngest daughter(s) is a set of twins. Do I have to use the one I names second, or can I just pick one? The reason I ask, is because I'd picked out two names for the next matriarch, so I could name her something fun. I'd already use one of the names on the previous pregnancy that resulted in a girl because, with the time I had left, I figured she'd be the last one. I ended up getting one more pregnancy in…it was a girl, so I named her my second-choice name. Then I got prompted for twins. I'd not had twins previously, so I wasn't expecting it. lol

Thanks,
    Citrine W
    edited July 2019

Quick Question. My youngest daughter(s) is a set of twins. Do I have to use the one I names second, or can I just pick one? The reason I ask, is because I'd picked out two names for the next matriarch, so I could name her something fun. I'd already use one of the names on the previous pregnancy that resulted in a girl because, with the time I had left, I figured she'd be the last one. I ended up getting one more pregnancy in…it was a girl, so I named her my second-choice name. Then I got prompted for twins. I'd not had twins previously, so I wasn't expecting it. lol

Thanks,
    Citrine W

I wouldn't worry about it, personally I always use the second one, but they are twins and the same age. There's also another option, you can switch the order they age in. Like when you get the notification that it's their birthday, age up the one that you don't want to be the matriarch first, and then the other one becomes the younger twin and they will switch order they are showing on the panel. That way you're technically using the youngest one haha. Or you could change their name once they become tots. But honestly I wouldn't worry about it either way. This is your game to have fun with and if you want that one to be the next matriarch go for it, it's not like you're playing against other people or anything
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • AnisaerahAnisaerah Posts: 26 Member
    I was very inspired by this thread and Kelsey's let's play on buzzfeed multiplayer.

My first matriarch, Ember Bliss, is pregnant with her 61st child and is done. Soon, she will be raising her next daughter, Ingrid, to be the new matriarch.

I could probably try making her have more babies, but she's been coasting on 1 day of adulthood for a minute now, and I want her to have a nice retirement.

I was going to post pictures, but the forum wont let me because I am new.

I wish I had been better at playing when I started, maybe I could have actually gotten 100 babies out of her lol.
    Anisaerah wrote: »
    I was very inspired by this thread and Kelsey's let's play on buzzfeed multiplayer.

My first matriarch, Ember Bliss, is pregnant with her 61st child and is done. Soon, she will be raising her next daughter, Ingrid, to be the new matriarch.

I could probably try making her have more babies, but she's been coasting on 1 day of adulthood for a minute now, and I want her to have a nice retirement.

I was going to post pictures, but the forum wont let me because I am new.

I wish I had been better at playing when I started, maybe I could have actually gotten 100 babies out of her lol.

61 is fantastic!!! My first had 12 haha. My second has 32 now, but she's 3/4 of her way to a senior citizen.
    Cebu and Russia aged up into young adults today. Paris became a child, Malawi became a toddler, and twins Jordan (girl) and Israel (boy) were born.

We are now 47 kids in and still no triplets, despite having ley line and room for triplets loads of times lol. I'm starting to think we'll do the entire challenge without getting any.

So far:
    1st Gen 12 Kids: Name Theme Alphabetical
    (Abby, Brandon, Carlos, Dylan, Emily, Felix, George, Heidi, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Katie & Lucy)

2nd gen 35 kids + counting: Name Theme Places
    (Togo, India, Chad, Kenya, Melbourne, Vancouver, Africa, Mexico, Cairo, Egypt, Athens, Asia, Serengeti, Amazon, Everest, Korea, Kansas, Tanzania, Haiti, Sahara, Victoria, China, Arctic, France, London, Iceland, Ngorongoro, Chicago, Georgia, Cebu, Russia, Paris, Malawi, Jordan, & Israel).

Total: 47.
    25 girls (1st Gen 6, 2nd Gen, 19)
    22 boys (1st Gen 6, 2nd Gen 16)
    Single Babies: 13 (1st Gen: 4, 2nd Gen: 9)
    Sets of Twins: 17 (1st Gen: 4, 2nd Gen: 13)

43 of the 47 kids have reached Young Adult age can be officially counted.

Cebu and his younger sister Russia when they were both teens, chatting at the table before school.
    yo63FQK.png

Malawi as a baby. (She ended up having really dark skin as a toddler lol.)
    omSbZvW.png
    [quote="SimAlexandria;c-17159202"]Cebu and Russia aged up into young adults today. Paris became a child, Malawi became a toddler, and twins Jordan (girl) and Israel (boy) were born.

We are now 47 kids in and still no triplets, despite having ley line and room for triplets loads of times lol. I'm starting to think we'll do the entire challenge without getting any.

So far:
    (Abby, Brandon, Carlos, Dylan, Emily, Felix, George, Heidi, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Katie & Lucy)

(Togo, India, Chad, Kenya, Melbourne, Vancouver, Africa, Mexico, Cairo, Egypt, Athens, Asia, Serengeti, Amazon, Everest, Korea, Kansas, Tanzania, Haiti, Sahara, Victoria, China, Arctic, France, London, Iceland, Ngorongoro, Chicago, Georgia, Cebu, Russia, Paris, Malawi, Jordan, & Israel).

Cebu and his younger sister Russia when they were both teens, chatting at the table before school.

I always love seeing your updates!! Im starting my sulani mermaid 100 baby challenge as I type! Im super excited to have a new place to watch the kids grow up! As soon as I am able I'll post some ss of my new game play. And the kids that come with it.

Ps. I had to delete your links so I could post this comment sorry about that
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Cebu and Russia aged up into young adults today. Paris became a child, Malawi became a toddler, and twins Jordan (girl) and Israel (boy) were born.

So far:

yo63FQK.png

omSbZvW.png

Wow! You are doing amazing! I reached baby #50 last night before bed. I'll post a proper update when I'm on PC.
    p8L4V6v.png
    So like I said ive been playing with sulani when I have a few tips that break up the monotony of playing the challenge. And just a few to help the challenge no matter what packs you have.

1. Toddlers gain imagination skill by playing both in the ocean and the sand. And while playing in the sand they can find shells. One toddler found one of the conch shells that reveal who's a mermaid. They're worth 200 simoleans
    2. The bar and beaches are a great place to meet new donors and even the ocean. Sims just randomly swim and walk by my house all the time.
    3. I know it's really tempting to put your toddlers on the tablets and leave them there all day but they actually gain skills faster from the toys and talking to other sims. So I just use the tablet to get them to thinking lvl 2 and then they go to the blocks.
    4. If you have a multi level home put thr toddlers on the first floor. That way they have access to the food and can get wherr they need to go.
    5. I also suggest building a play room. Once you can afford it. It keeps the kids rooms clean and neat and you can find everything a little better.

That's about all I have for now hopefully this helps at least one person.
    So like I said ive been playing with sulani when I have a few tips that break up the monotony of playing the challenge. And just a few to help the challenge no matter what packs you have.

1. Toddlers gain imagination skill by playing both in the ocean and the sand. And while playing in the sand they can find shells. One toddler found one of the conch shells that reveal who's a mermaid. They're worth 200 simoleans
    2. The bar and beaches are a great place to meet new donors and even the ocean. Sims just randomly swim and walk by my house all the time.
    3. I know it's really tempting to put your toddlers on the tablets and leave them there all day but they actually gain skills faster from the toys and talking to other sims. So I just use the tablet to get them to thinking lvl 2 and then they go to the blocks.
    4. If you have a multi level home put thr toddlers on the first floor. That way they have access to the food and can get wherr they need to go.
    5. I also suggest building a play room. Once you can afford it. It keeps the kids rooms clean and neat and you can find everything a little better.

That's about all I have for now hopefully this helps at least one person.

Thanks for the tips about the shells! We have a couple of islanders lined up as baby dads too, it's great haha! And I agree, when I started everyone said use the tablet but after the first gen I realised how much slower skills go up with it. I use toys, blocks, books, and Blarfy for everything now and they skill up way faster. For thinking, I get it up mostly by having them "Watch" each other, it goes up super fast when watching. THen I have them run around the house asking "What's that?" on everything, which also raises it really fast as well as getting their movement up as they go from one thing to another.
    We do have a playroom but I purposely mess up the toys sometimes lol. I put them all over the house and have kids/tots clean them up because it raises their responsibility a lot haha.
    [quote="SimAlexandria;c-17161353"][quote="Monbebe8819;c-17161288"]So like I said ive been playing with sulani when I have a few tips that break up the monotony of playing the challenge. And just a few to help the challenge no matter what packs you have.

That's about all I have for now hopefully this helps at least one person. [/quote]

Thanks for the tips about the shells! We have a couple of islanders lined up as baby dads too, it's great haha! And I agree, when I started everyone said use the tablet but after the first gen I realised how much slower skills go up with it. I use toys, blocks, books, and Blarfy for everything now and they skill up way faster. For thinking, I get it up mostly by having them "Watch" each other, it goes up super fast when watching. THen I have them run around the house asking "What's that?" on everything, which also raises it really fast as well as getting their movement up as they go from one thing to another.
    We do have a playroom but I purposely mess up the toys sometimes lol. I put them all over the house and have kids/tots clean them up because it raises their responsibility a lot haha. [/quote]

I never thought about messing the toys up for that purpose! I'll have to give it a try in my own game! Having them ask "what's that" seems a bit slow to me but I use it too I just que up a bunch of them in a row so I really rarely use the tablet anymore. But I just started my mermaid version and I already have. The first set of twin boys aged into teens and the the twin girls are all lvl 2 in everything and mom is pregnant again. I'm usuing the ley line trait along with child's play and good schools so it helps a lot. With just painting and collecting shells I've already been able to build a completely new house but with only one bathroom so far. Next time I play I'll add another. It's currently Sat in game so I have the weekend to work with the boys.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top