March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Runaway Teen Challenge [Updated 03/10/19]

Comments

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    I love these kinds of challenges so I think I will start this one since I need a break from my legacy and a fix for the genetics thing. So, you have to stay on your lot until the guardian dies, then the challenge begins. So, once the guardian dies then I am thinking no fridge, toilet, shower until you have a house to put them in? Is that right? I think that is how I am going to play it ..makes more sense.

Oh and can I start building a shack when I have the money as I go or do I have to wait until I have roughly 5 grand to build the house?

You can walk around the areas near the lot but anything that forces you to travel takes the darn guardian out of their box! I waited until I had enough saved up for walls and the basics before building. I was also really worried about what the bills would be like since I landscaped in the 10x10 area. They were barely nothing! It's up to you if you build as you go or not but the restrictions aren't lifted until you have a bedroom, bath and kitchen. On normal play it took me until a day before her birthday to finish the house and make it look good.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited October 2014
    Okay thanks. I have never posted a picture to the forums so here we go. This is my Teen, Her name is Allie McKenna. Her mother died of unknown causes LOL 27x57c.png
    edited October 2014
    This is her in her every day clothes. I found some ripped up jeans.
    142bixk.jpg

A day at the Park
    121zn2t.jpg

Exhausted
    2cp2q34.jpg

She has been able to plant a small garden so far and is trying to fish. Her aspiration is Angler. She loves the outdoors and is clumsy. All she has is a bed and about 170 simoleans to her name. It is costly traveling around. Have a lot of fun so far. I haven't been able to stop playing her but now I have to go eat some lunch. :D
  • RonusBloodsmithRonusBloodsmith Posts: 76 Member
    She looks great, purple eyes and blonde hair is an unique combo. I wish you the best of luck!
    Check out my Sims Youtube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/RonusBloodsmith

Have a Simmy Day!! B)
    Oh if anyone is curious here is the link to my Teen Runaway Challenge Playlist:
    Check out my Sims Youtube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/RonusBloodsmith

Have a Simmy Day!! B)
  • KaleniyaKaleniya Posts: 168 Member
    @Glimmer50 she looks great!
    2cdygqq.jpg

My ISBI forum thread; here
    Allie is still struggling to make it in the world. I have found if you want to make this challenge even harder to let them go to school. Keeping fun high has been a huge challenge and then making money. I was sailing along pretty good until she took off to school one day without me noticing, then it got much harder. Losing that time to fish and gather stuff made it more difficult to get money for bills together, keeping up with needs and maintaining her small garden.

I am building the house as I go and have made it a restriction not to allow any plumbing until she has walls which has made life harder but I am really enjoying the struggle. I was out of "traveling" money and had to mooch off of the neighbors to survive. Rummaging in the trash hasn't yielded much. Luckily she was friends with them so they let her in. I am only allowing that once in a blue moon. I figure friends might let her in now and then but not on a regular basis. So I had to dig and dig to get traveling money to make it to the gym the other day. I am having lots of fun with this challenge though.

Thanks Kaleniya. I hope to find her a friend at some point.
    @Glimmer50 If you can't find any teens for friends there are always the children. Sounds like you are having it rough. I made the rules no school because the Sims 3 version didn't have school but I can see how it's made it harder for you, wow.
    I find tis challenge a lot more fun than the Legacy Challenge. Tomorrow I get to finally start Caiden's house. SWas going to do it today but was unable to record. Sounds like Allie is going well.

Have a Simmy Day!! B)
    10-14-14_9-48%C2%A0AM.png

Lyla ages to young adult. You can read more about her birthday and my plans for her here: rainygamez.blogspot.com/2014/10/ts4-runaway-teen-challenge-lylas.html
  • SylvSylv Posts: 885 Member
    I loved this challenge in the Sims 3. Thank you SO much for making it adaptable in Sims 4. Starting up my new game now :P
    tumblr_naeqm3rHmH1tca3q3o1_400.gif
    Origin ID: SylvRo
    Sims 4 Current Household: Generation 11

• kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    I think I will do this challenge while waiting for the genetic bug to be fixed :)
    @SimmySammyWammy & @kiwi84 Good luck it's a fun challenge. Feel free to update us here on how you're doing. :smiley:
    edited October 2014
    So, I have a bedroom, bathroom, and a kitchen/living area (sort of), so now can I get a part-time job? I'm going to go with yes for now until I get a response that says otherwise.

edited October 2014
    So, I have a bedroom, bathroom, and a kitchen/living area (sort of), so now can I get a part-time job? I'm going to go with yes for now until I get a response that says otherwise.

Well the rules say you can't get a part time job but since you already have a house I can't see why not. Good job btw I didn't have a house until she was about to age up. But I played on normal. (the original rules said you couldn't have a part time job until you had a baby, you could have a baby as a teen on TS3 with mods)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnOFoLLwOko&list=UUFgzx0QEwkZrJZm3OxHbKUw
    Not only got my house built, but things are going great with Cassandra!

Have a Simmy Day!! B)
    > @Rainydayz179 said:
    > SimmySammyWammy wrote: »
    >
    > So, I have a bedroom, bathroom, and a kitchen/living area (sort of), so now can I get a part-time job? I'm going to go with yes for now until I get a response that says otherwise.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well the rules say you can't get a part time job but since you already have a house I can't see why not. Good job btw I didn't have a house until she was about to age up. But I played on normal. (the original rules said you couldn't have a part time job until you had a baby, you could have a baby as a teen on TS3 with mods)
    I do have a baby though, that's the thing. My Sims gaurdian was her mother, and her mother gave birth to my teens little sister before she died. It's been my teen and her little sister since day one. I think I more than earned the right to have a part-time job :)

@Rainydayz179 That's just the the thing though, my teen Julia does have a baby. Her guardian (mother) gave birth to Martha, Julia's little sister, before she died. So it's been Julia alone trying to raise a baby the whole challenge. I think she's more than earned her right to a part-time job :)

@Rainydayz179 That's just the the thing though, my teen Julia does have a baby. Her guardian (mother) gave birth to Martha, Julia's little sister, before she died. So it's been Julia alone trying to raise a baby the whole challenge. I think she's more than earned her right to a part-time job :)

Wow you made it super difficult! Do you have a blog or anything? What a great story. Keep the part time job, of course.
    @RonusBloodsmith I need to get caught up on your videos today ugh I've missed so much!
    @RonusBloodsmith I need to get caught up on your videos today ugh I've missed so much!

No worries Rainy, that's why I put them on play lists lol.

Have a Simmy Day!! B)
    edited October 2014

Yea I agree with Rainy, you made this challenge a toughy going that route, I wouldn't mind seeing how it goes either. A very clever idea adding a baby sister into the mix. Kudos for that!

Have a Simmy Day!! B)
    10-15-14_8-47%C2%A0AM.png

Romance is in the air for Lyla and Rez. I decided to get them together. Read more on my blog: rainygamez.blogspot.com/2014/10/ts4-runaway-teen-challenge-romance-in.html
    Got to love the shocked look on her face. :D

Have a Simmy Day!! B)
    Anyone interested in seeing how I have done on the challenge up to the house episode here is the playlist:

Have a Simmy Day!! B)