This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Half-Walls?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    @pbox I had to use a plugin for GIMP to option the files from S4S for editing. My computer derped out and I had to roll it back and after reinstalling that very same plugin it didn't seem to work for me anymore. Or maybe I was just doing it wrong the couple times I tried. *shrugs* :/ So, I haven't been able to recolor and edit things.
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    You mean a DDS plugin? There are alternatives to that though, if it's gimp that is acting up .. save as something else and then convert with paint.net or Aorta or dxtbmp or whatever.

http://www.getpaint.net/
    http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.htm
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/aorta/
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Hi! Sorry I haven't been *here* in a while. The next time I'm in my game, I'll look again and see if what I saw were half walls, is still there. Sorry if I mislead you guys into thinking we still had them. (my bad) :\
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    I was thinking about Half-walls. I wonder if it's possible to make them by recoloring the top half of the wall to be transparent. Like, say you wanted to use one of the paneled wallpapers and you just replace the paint at the top with transparent nothingness. I'm not sure if transparency works with walls but it might be a thing to try out. I'd do it myself but for some reason my .package plugin refuses to work .-. Someone, should try and let me know.

I tried to make the top half of the wall transparent, as well, but it did not work. It showed up as black in the game. Maybe I also need to delete the normal map for it to work. Worth a try, anyway. Perhaps we can use the fence as a starting point, recoloring the bottom part to make it match walls. I use the Sims 4 Studio and it does not show fences in the wall recolor mode. Maybe they will add that to S4S some day. OR someone over at TSR using the Workshop software will start working on half walls.

This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.
  • Options
    Redoing a fence seems like it might work pretty well. Hopefully we'll be able to do that soon, thanks for trying @Naydi :3
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    I'm ashamed to admit this, but I still haven't figured out how to get but one size wall. :(
  • Options
    @GalacticGal You mean how you can adjust the wall heights? If so then this should help