Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Amazon Challenge (Updated For Sims 4) (Island Living Update!)

Comments

• ZurkaZurka Posts: 42 Member
    Y.Y I was weak and added a little cat and a little dog to my tribe but without any Beast Tamer (I did it on expansion day so nothing was written here). Well... technically one of the sons of my Creator is the one teaching Freya (the dog) everything but it is not as if he was an Amazon.

More seriously though. The Beast Tamer and the types of animals that you describe are really interesting. However in the practical aspect/side of the game I am a bit concerned. We can have only 8 Sims in a household, and if I am not mistaken (I might be, do tell me if it is the case for it totally solves my problem) animals count in that limit ? Isn't that going to make the Beast Tamer really unattractive as a role in the tribe if you can afford to have only one to two animals at a time ?

Example : 2 slaves + 1 creator + 2 children (inc. 1 heiress) + 1 beast tamer + 2 animals. It forces you to give up on really important roles in my opinion =/ Though, again, I understand a beast tamer is an interesting thing in itself. It is more a gameplay aspect/problem that brings me here.

So here is my question. Do you think having a pet without a Beast Tamer, if justified in a more... "storytelling" way, is possible ?

Again, I actually find the types of animals you describe and the role interesting. It is just that 8 Sim/Household limit that bothers me Y.Y
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Zurka wrote: »
    Y.Y I was weak and added a little cat and a little dog to my tribe but without any Beast Tamer (I did it on expansion day so nothing was written here). Well... technically one of the sons of my Creator is the one teaching Freya (the dog) everything but it is not as if he was an Amazon.

More seriously though. The Beast Tamer and the types of animals that you describe are really interesting. However in the practical aspect/side of the game I am a bit concerned. We can have only 8 Sims in a household, and if I am not mistaken (I might be, do tell me if it is the case for it totally solves my problem) animals count in that limit ? Isn't that going to make the Beast Tamer really unattractive as a role in the tribe if you can afford to have only one to two animals at a time ?

Example : 2 slaves + 1 creator + 2 children (inc. 1 heiress) + 1 beast tamer + 2 animals. It forces you to give up on really important roles in my opinion =/ Though, again, I understand a beast tamer is an interesting thing in itself. It is more a gameplay aspect/problem that brings me here.

So here is my question. Do you think having a pet without a Beast Tamer, if justified in a more... "storytelling" way, is possible ?

Again, I actually find the types of animals you describe and the role interesting. It is just that 8 Sim/Household limit that bothers me Y.Y

Thanks for the insight,
    The beast tamer is mostly there to care for the animals. You can have pets without the beast tamer but it takes quite alot of time to care for the animals. You could outsource the role to a slave but they may become too skilled and too dangerous to have around. It's really your choice on how the tribe is laid out. I'll look around and see if I can do anything abot the household limit.
  • wolfsiwolfsi Posts: 61 Member
    I personally play with a "master slave" he is above the general bunch though still lower than the amazons and is tasked with a lot of more important stuff, usually, he is also the only one allowed into the Amazon house repair broken stuff. Personally, I think I be handing the pet care and training to him, or maybe even make it the job of the heiress as a way to make her show responsibility and care for another living being.

Plant your Hopes whit good seeds
    don't cover yourself with thistle and weeds.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    What about a Protector animal? I'm going to have some of those for my tribe. Guard dogs. I guess they could come under Hunter?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • ValkrieSimmerValkrieSimmer Posts: 6 New Member
    @lovejess2 I want Cats and Dogs so bad but I'm just a poor college student...
    What about a Protector animal? I'm going to have some of those for my tribe. Guard dogs. I guess they could come under Hunter?

Yes guard dogs are listed under Hunters and are owned by the warriors. I decided to simply list the pet under Hunters as there weren't many traits or skills that would specifically fit a guard dog.
  • cbcomediancbcomedian Posts: 4 New Member
    So I have a question. Does the sire of an Amazon child have to be a slave in the tribe? Or does that just more dependent on how we play our tribe?
  • avoxxsimmeravoxxsimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    One thing I don't get.......................... do u start with the gatherer, warrior, etc?
  • PandaPuffPower122PandaPuffPower122 Posts: 4 New Member
    The rules is women can’t marry boys or they die but on the other hand she can marry another woman if you get what I mean
  • PandaPuffPower122PandaPuffPower122 Posts: 4 New Member
    In my tribe I have a woman taking 3 jobs because I don’t have enough room
    The rules is women can’t marry boys or they die but on the other hand she can marry another woman if you get what I mean

Woman can't marry men cause they're seen as inferior so it's punishable of death.
    Update!!
    I'm now looking at ways to integrate the new new gp with the Amazon challenge. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
  • TabbyexplosiveTabbyexplosive Posts: 3 New Member
    > @lovejess2 said:
    > Update!!
    > I'm now looking at ways to integrate the new new gp with the Amazon challenge. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Maybe some kind of trial to do with heiresses taking over or members joining the tribe? It could definitely tie-in with the explorer or warrior roles going to investigate/get the treasure from the temples etc.
    > @lovejess2 said:
    > Update!!
    > I'm now looking at ways to integrate the new new gp with the Amazon challenge. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Maybe some kind of trial to do with heiresses taking over or members joining the tribe? It could definitely tie-in with the explorer or warrior roles going to investigate/get the treasure from the temples etc.
    Thanks
    I'll probably get something up on the weekend and will be using pre existing ranks.
  • TabbyexplosiveTabbyexplosive Posts: 3 New Member
    [/quote]
    Thanks
    I'll probably get something up on the weekend and will be using pre existing ranks.
    [/quote]

No problem, I love this challenge still not started it. Not sure on whether to wait so I can buy some more of the expansions. Can't make my mind up on the camp either. Will the new rodents play any part? Or will they just exist? The new disease could somehow be used to sacrifice or something? Like a slow painful cow plant.
  • kittycat_sportkittycat_sport Posts: 15 New Member
    hey remeber me i dont think u will even see this but yeah if u do thanks for making the game again i have not played in a while and i might of deleted the game but i still like the idea even tho i never play it because i dont think this is a great challenge for me. i just wih one of my fave youtubers would do this challenge like vixella or somthin so i could just watch not play :)
  • jaimie_c3jaimie_c3 Posts: 44 Member
    I’m gonna try this challenge again tomorrow I’m very excited! I’m gonna alter the rules a bit and only have one slave to leave room for more people. Also I’m not gonna have any townie sims move in and start out with a creator, gatherer, and slave and I have all the tribe come from them:)
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    I cant wait to incorporate jungle adventures into this!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • holeofwonderholeofwonder Posts: 33 Member
    Interesting.
  • weirdobiweirdobi Posts: 54 Member
    Do you know how to make a discussion because I would love to be able to write a story for this challenge
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Hey @weirdobi , only full members can open a discussion. For that you need 50 points received by likes or awesomes people give your posts. However, once one has started commenting and keeps it that's reached pretty fast ;)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Hey guys, I'm so sorry that I've been gone and unable to update the challenge but recently I've had an issue with some pretty bad depression so I've had to take some time to get myself together. I'm not in a great place just yet but I promise to update the challenge by the end of the month.
    > @MrsRacooney said:
    > Hey @weirdobi , only full members can open a discussion. For that you need 50 points received by likes or awesomes people give your posts. However, once one has started commenting and keeps it that's reached pretty fast

How do you get the points?
    > @MrsRacooney said:
    > Hey @weirdobi , only full members can open a discussion. For that you need 50 points received by likes or awesomes people give your posts. However, once one has started commenting and keeps it that's reached pretty fast ;)
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I think I'm totally gonna do a story. I've got a bit of an idea inspired by a few little legends, and can give it a try. My Classics course is just making me feel in a mythological mood of late (I suspect since we were discussing Pompeii and Roman religion on Monday) that had something to do with it.

@MrsRacooney, I liked your idea of re-purposing the Townies into supporting characters. Sure makes it easier to make a few tweaks in terms of clothing than have to create new families.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top