Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby Gender?

Anyone know or figured out a way to influence the gender of a baby in Sims 4? I seem to only get girls, and I'm not entierly sure whether they've either stuck with the Sims 3 method of Apples and Watermelons, introduced a new method or if it is just completely random. Any ideas yet? :persevere:

Comments

• foxynicole31foxynicole31 Posts: 66 Member
    I only seem to get boys lol.
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I've only had two pregnancies thus far. The first time, she gave birth to twin girls and the second time was a son. The twin girls ended up with dark red hair (both of them) even though both parents have black hair. The son ended up with black hair. I didn't try to influence the gender and I don't know of any means to do so.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • LivilivzLivilivz Posts: 206 Member
    From what I can gather it's random - my sim has 5 children. Girl/boy twins, boy twins and a girl. I don't know why she got twins twice since she hasn't got the fertility treatment or anything!
    santaandtheelves-Copy_zps33ad8a40.png[img][/img]
  • Joxer4GabbyJoxer4Gabby Posts: 185 Member
    Same here also with having twins or triplets. I got the trait to help have them on both my sims but still only getting singles
  • GarvelleGrantGarvelleGrant Posts: 390 Member
    Sigh, I keep having boys... I wish there was a way to influence gender... it's quite frustrating
    Sexy Socialite

1KuFGd.gif
    @Livilivz and @Nik24X7 What traits do you sims have? Do you have them do anything a lot? or always have then in the same mood?
  • SimGuruGrantSimGuruGrant Posts: 392 SimGuru
    Joseff wrote: »
    Anyone know or figured out a way to influence the gender of a baby in Sims 4? I seem to only get girls, and I'm not entierly sure whether they've either stuck with the Sims 3 method of Apples and Watermelons, introduced a new method or if it is just completely random. Any ideas yet? :persevere:

Purely random. 50/50. No way to influence.
    Joseff wrote: »

Purely random. 50/50. No way to influence.

Any way to help you get twins or triplets?
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited September 2014
    @Livilivz and @Nik24X7 What traits do you sims have? Do you have them do anything a lot? or always have then in the same mood?
    I imagine SimGuruGrant's post clarifies matter greatly, but to answer your question, the father is a Public Enemy with all the evil and mean traits and the mother is a Freelance Botanist with Loves the Outdoors, Green Thumb, and friendly. In other words, they're opposites. They are usually in the Happy mood as I've used the cheats to set them to Happy and their Needs Decay is turned off. They spend a lot of time gardening.
    Post edited by Nik24X7 on
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    Well, thank you so much for the answer, SimGuruGrant, but I have to say that is truly disappointing. I really liked the apples for boys/watermelon for girls thing in Sims3. Makes it so much easier for certain families that I play. :: pouty face ::
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    Does anyone know if the gender of a baby is decided at the time of conception or birth?
  • TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited September 2014
    Does anyone know if the gender of a baby is decided at the time of conception or birth?

Conception, I suspect. I've tried saving when mom goes into labor and reloading after the birth, and the result every time is a baby with the same sex. Granted, that's just my own personal testing and a small sample size, but I'm convinced.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    well one family I got a girl and the other family I got a boy, it is just random.
  • moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    First sim had a boy, then a girl. Her son's wife had a girl, then a boy. Her daughter had a girl, then a boy.
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Hum I am having all girls! :o Maybe we should swap families!! :p
  • freedom1173freedom1173 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 2015
    If you guys don't mind mods this is maybe the best mod i have ever had! Check it out it works great! It won't let me post the link but it's mod the sims and it's called the pregnancy mega mod v4