Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't play the game after update

I am unable to play the game since I did the upgrade this morning. Before that, it was running just fine, and I had no problem. I have seen on other forum that I am not the only one with this issue. I assume it is because of the update, is there aniway to fix this except waiting that another update is released? I was planning on playing all weekend aha :smile:

Comments

• KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    I removed the TS4 application from my Game->Bin->TS4 and cut/pasted it to my desktop. Then I tried to "Install" The Sims 4 through Origin.

It installed for a second, making a TS4.par file in the bin. Then I pasted the TS4 appplication back into the Bin folder and it had the play button and started up.

I hope this helps.
  • Alyssia29Alyssia29 Posts: 128 Member
    I did what you said but its still not working. I am getting ''unable to start Initialization error at start up''... -_-
  • LarryadLarryad Posts: 336 Member
    My game has been hanging at start up for about 5 minutes since the update.
  • vampyjuggalettevampyjuggalette Posts: 51 Member
    Alyssia29 wrote: »
    I am unable to play the game since I did the upgrade this morning. Before that, it was running just fine, and I had no problem. I have seen on other forum that I am not the only one with this issue. I assume it is because of the update, is there aniway to fix this except waiting that another update is released? I was planning on playing all weekend aha :smile:

I have the same problem. Played for hours last night with no issues. Installed the patch when I was done, now I cant even get into the game. It crashes on the first loading screen.
  • TerriWellsTerriWells Posts: 6 New Member
    I also can not play since the update. wish someone would help. I do not want to Uninstall. I hate loosing my family. Is there no one on this site that works with sims4 that can help?
  • LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    I just talked to an EA rep from customer service to fix this. It's super easy! Here's how:

For game purchased with a physical disc:
    -Open My Computer and go into Local Disk (C: )
    -Go into Program Files. If there are two folders labeled Program Files, go into the one that says Program Files (x86). Mine said x86, yours could have a different number because it is just the number of files.
    -Go into the Electronic Arts folder
    -Go into the file labeled Game
    -Go into the Bin file
    -Inside the Bin file, you will see TS4.exe. Click on that and drag it to your desktop to move it temporarily to your desktop.
    -Open Origin and go to your games so you can see The Sims 4 cover. It should no longer be grayed out and it will have an option to Install. Click that.
    -Wait until the bar at the bottom of Origin says the install is complete. If you look at the game it will still say Install as an option but that's ok. Now you can minimize Origin
    - Drag TS4.exe from your desktop back into that Bin folder that you took it out of.
    -Check Origin again. It should be fixed! :D

For the downloaded version, you follow the same steps except that you will find the TS4.exe that you need to temporarily move to the desktop under Origin, then Games.
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • TerriWellsTerriWells Posts: 6 New Member
    Thanks Leslie I will try this!!
  • LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    TerriWells wrote: »
    Thanks Leslie I will try this!!
    You're welcome! I hope it helps!
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    i have disk version and the ts4.exe under program files(86) origin games the sims4 game bin