Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Got married in park - no drinks, no food??

I picked park to get married, hired a mixologist (he was there), hired a caterer (he was there), but then at the wedding, when you are trying to get three drinks, take first slice and so on, there's no wedding cake, no food, no drinks, no bar... seriously?!

So don't pick the park to get married b/c they won't bring food or drinks?

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    You have to place the wedding cake.
  • ReflectedLightReflectedLight Posts: 425 Member
    Where is the wedding cake? I do not see one in buy mode or anywhere in game?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I've heard you have to make a cake and add a wedding topper onto it.
  • CrowRidgeStudioCrowRidgeStudio Posts: 233 Member
    I had one of my sims make a cake (any cake will do, it seems) then add a wedding topper.
  • AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    Caterers and Mixologist require a Kitchen and Bar respectfully. If you do not have either they they will not do anything!
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
    So good to know next time that you better bake your own cake and bring it with you. Gold medal ruined b/c without it and drinks impossible to get gold for the wedding event. ;-P
    > @Alizatina said:
    > Caterers and Mixologist require a Kitchen and Bar respectfully. If you do not have either they they will not do anything!

Yet the game forces you to pick/pay for them, then allows you to pick places where they'll have nothing to do. Needs to be addressed in future patch: either have a mobile drink "bar" and catering "table" or don't allow me to pick places that won't have those things if they're going to force you to pay them to be at your wedding.
    I was researching how weddings worked in the Sims 4 before jumping into it, this IGN walkthrough is really good! XD

http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-sims-4/Marriage
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
  • krystle0385krystle0385 Posts: 563 Member
    I thought of this also after throwing a nightclub wedding for my Sims. There was no wedding arch, no kitchen, how silly of me! But, then... I just entered buy mode and added an arch!! You can enter build/buy on community lots now!! While your Sim is on it! So, just add what you need at the time of the event. Make it happen.
  • CrowRidgeStudioCrowRidgeStudio Posts: 233 Member
    edited September 2014
    Actually, ReflectedLight, if you hold the wedding, at say a park...you can access build/buy mode at any time on the park, say during the wedding, and add bars, pianos, whatever. Your sims will not be charged for this as it's a community lot, and has infinite funds. Hope that's of some help, if you didn't realize this.
    > @Alizatina said:<br />
    > Caterers and Mixologist require a Kitchen and Bar respectfully. If you do not have either they they will not do anything!<br />
    <br />
    Yet the game forces you to pick/pay for them, then allows you to pick places where they'll have nothing to do. Needs to be addressed in future patch: either have a mobile drink "bar" and catering "table" or don't allow me to pick places that won't have those things if they're going to force you to pay them to be at your wedding.

Hired mixologists have always needed a bar to actually do anything' since their were hired mixologists in the Sims games.
    This is nothing new.
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
  • pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    Yeah, you need to place a bar, refrigerator, stove and a counter. I didn't have to have my sims make the wedding cake. The caterer actually did that. Just place the objects once you get to the destination and it should all work.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • WoleeWolee Posts: 4 New Member
    edited October 2014
    I am holding a dinner party. It allowed me to pick a nice house for it... then it asks me to make 3 drinks as one of the goals. But, there is no bar on the lot, and when I try to go into build mode it says the lot is not editable. :\ Really?!?!?!?!
  • SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    I don't think you are required to hire the caterer, entertainer etc. As I recall even for a wedding it's optional.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Wolee wrote: »
    I am holding a dinner party. It allowed me to pick a nice house for it... then it asks me to make 3 drinks as one of the goals. But, there is no bar on the lot, and when I try to go into build mode it says the lot is not editable. :\ Really?!?!?!?!

That's because you're on a house lot and don't live there. On the community lots you can do it. I know. It's weird. TS3 would do the same thing on someone else's home lot without cheats/mods for it.

moxiegraphix on Origin
  • bumblebeer0sebumblebeer0se Posts: 205 Member
    > @Alizatina said:<br />
    > Caterers and Mixologist require a Kitchen and Bar respectfully. If you do not have either they they will not do anything!<br />
    <br />

Forces? You don't have to hire anyone. I just host my own parties without catering, etc. But I also learned with my first wedding that you had to bring your own cake and provide a place for making drinks. If you search the gallery you will see lots of people have made chapels for sims to be married. These often include cooking and partying areas for the receptions.

• SwiftyySwiftyy Posts: 1 New Member
    I picked park to get married, hired a mixologist (he was there), hired a caterer (he was there), but then at the wedding, when you are trying to get three drinks, take first slice and so on, there's no wedding cake, no food, no drinks, no bar... seriously?!

So don't pick the park to get married b/c they won't bring food or drinks?

I just made my sims drink tap water for the drinks :neutral:
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    > @Alizatina said:
    > Caterers and Mixologist require a Kitchen and Bar respectfully. If you do not have either they they will not do anything!

Actually you can bring your own bar, and have the sim make the cake at home, and bring it with you. And I figure you can use the BBQ's for food for the wedding guests?
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    My boys got married in the park and got gold. The musician never showed, but one of my Sims played guitar himself and made people happy. The mixologist did what she was hired to do and probably too well as I saw a lot of people walking around with two drinks lol The caterer never showed either, though they were hired. I had went into build mode soon as everyone showed up in the park and I added everything IE Fridge, stove, counters, bar, piano, guitar, dresser, etc....I moved benches around by the wedding arch too. The cake was premade at home complete with topper which Travis put in his inventory and brought out later on. I wish they did the cliche but dumb tradition of smooshing cake in each others' faces, but oh well.
  • klidy21klidy21 Posts: 1 New Member
    Go into "Build" mode and add a fridge to make a cake, then add the topper and cut the cake.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    This thread is from 2017!
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    It's actually from 2014! And yet, confusion persists!

My first wedding was a total confusion. For starters, the menu wheel option was "Plan a Wedding Event". Great! I can sort all the details and set a date and time! WRONG! It's happening RIGHT NOW, buster! :D

I scrambled to place a stove, fridge and countertop at the park in Oasis Springs - my venue - and my Culinary groom madly set about baking a cake, while my other Sim kept folks entertained.

I don't recall what score I managed, but I managed. It was crazy. Mostly, I just Elope nowadays. :)