Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have a question for you builders.

cbrock7cbrock7 Posts: 1,026 Member
Yesterday while playing a family, I couldn't help but eye this one empty lot across from my simmies home. Well, I had to go over to that lot and go into build mode, After struggling with the camera and the roof for hours, I finally had the downstairs complete. I decided to go back to my household that I was playing to save the game. Well....needless to say, today when I loaded the game.....my house that I was working on is no longer there. :(

Do I have to start a completely fresh game for building? errr... or did I mess up by going back to the household I was playing to save from there?

If there is anybody that can mess things up, believe me....it'll be me!!! What do I need to do, so when I decide to try building again, I don't have the same problem? hmmm.... then again it might've been a save issue as well.

Comments

• Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    Did you save the lot you were working on before you left it? You should be able to go into any lot and make changes and then go back to your active family.
  • Options
    Thank you Ruthless for the fast response, I thought I'd saved several times, because I worked on and off for hours. Then, I thought maybe I messed up by going back to the household I was playing to save. Then, I remembered the save issues with the sims 3, and I also thought maybe I'd done something wrong, because this game is way different from 3. One thing is certain, my house is gone! lol.

Thank you for letting me know that I can go from lot to lot, that was what I wasn't sure of, and wanted to know before I did that again.

ps...can't wait to see your beautiful creations, and hope you post lots of tips. (especially, with roofing. Your roofing classes were a big help to me in 3) :)
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    I just tried doing it in my game. I left my active sim lot and using manage worlds I picked another empty lot and put down a basic structure so I could see something from map view.

I saved.

The I went back into manage worlds and re-entered my active sim lot. Then I went back to manage worlds and looked at the map and the other lot is showing the structure I placed on it.

I guess worse case scenario...in case it is a bug or something....if you are working on another lot you could save it to your library? That way if it disappears, you can always pull it back out to work on it and not lose your work?
  • Options
    Thank you, I started it again. I will certainly do that.
  • Options
    SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    I just tried doing it in my game. I left my active sim lot and using manage worlds I picked another empty lot and put down a basic structure so I could see something from map view.

I saved.

The I went back into manage worlds and re-entered my active sim lot. Then I went back to manage worlds and looked at the map and the other lot is showing the structure I placed on it.

I guess worse case scenario...in case it is a bug or something....if you are working on another lot you could save it to your library? That way if it disappears, you can always pull it back out to work on it and not lose your work?

Great tip!
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Ruthless -- I am revamping one of the houses and (at the moment) I have the lower level looking how I want it. The only trouble is, I can't place any styled rooms "on top". Nor can I even try to draw out any wall. This is what I (stupidly) did ....

I went all the way up to the top - deleted the roofs ... after deleting the roofs, I then deleted the "flooring" that was covering the then-lower level. Pushing and pulling to get my lower level to where it is now, is where I can't do anything else.

Could you please help me?? I'll go back in game and see if I can snap a couple of screenshots to show you my mess. :'(

Thanks hon!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I am sorry that you lost your build that you were working on @cbrock7. It is not good! I hope that your second version of it goes well. :)