Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Question - Cabinets/Counters

2...Next

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    so if I want a floor to ceiling cabinet. but want the handles on the other side, is there a way to reverse the cabinet?
    does that even make sense?

Yes, it makes sense, and no it can't be done in this game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    I do all of this but I can not make my upper left corner cabinet go into the corner facing the way it is suppose to. I have been trying for days to do this, and not the first time I've had this issue. I'm getting to the point were I just don't bother using it anymore
  • ZuulCookieZuulCookie Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2015
    Thanks for the help! I have an issue though.. For some reason this particular option isn't in my game :( Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it?

Edited: I uninstalled and reinstalled and it showed up. Ignore my post ;P Looks like it was some type of bug.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    MaryKup wrote: »
    I do all of this but I can not make my upper left corner cabinet go into the corner facing the way it is suppose to. I have been trying for days to do this, and not the first time I've had this issue. I'm getting to the point were I just don't bother using it anymore

Hello @MaryKup.

This link refers to your issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Issue-with-Inner-Corner-Cabinet/td-p/3682201

I will quote a suggestion that a simmer had.
    I was able to temporarily fix this issue by turning auto cabinets on for the upper cabinets. When I stop one before the corner, then go to the one after the corner and it auto fills in the corner piece.

Some simmers that have been finding it hard to place corner cabinets have moved the whole kitchen as a room to an open area. Then they have found that the corner cabinets have been easier to place in the room.
    Perhaps see if that may help you.

• feckyeslifefeckyeslife Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone found out how to stylize upper cabinets after having placed them in a household inventory? I was re-organizing my kitchen and put them in my inventory. Now I can't change their style and I don't want to throw away money by selling and re-buying just for a style change.
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Has anyone found out how to stylize upper cabinets after having placed them in a household inventory? I was re-organizing my kitchen and put them in my inventory. Now I can't change their style and I don't want to throw away money by selling and re-buying just for a style change.

You should be able to change the color of the cabinets using the paint option, but you will not be able to change the type or shape of the cabinet. Does that make sense?
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • ZitiacheZitiache Posts: 8 New Member
    Piperbird wrote: »

You should be able to change the color of the cabinets using the paint option, but you will not be able to change the type or shape of the cabinet. Does that make sense?

So, I've been looking around trying to find an answer to this question, but all I've been able to find is changing cabinets before they're purchased. Are you really unable to modify a cabinet you've already purchased?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    Zitiache wrote: »

So, I've been looking around trying to find an answer to this question, but all I've been able to find is changing cabinets before they're purchased. Are you really unable to modify a cabinet you've already purchased?

Have you tried turning on auto counters and select that bought cabinet and then place it somewhere and see if it changes? I think it might but I'm not 100% sure.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Zitiache wrote: »

If you hang a cabinet, you can change the color after you've purchased it. But you cannot change it to a different shape or style cabinet. You would have to delete it and buy the other kind you want.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png