Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to start: Initialization error at start up. [135dec40:984c6a38:00000077]

Unable to start:
Initialization error at start up.
[135dec40:984c6a38:00000077]

Never installed the demo or any cc. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail, also disabled av.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro
Version 6.3.9600 Build 9600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer ASUS
System Model All Series
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU All
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1405, 8/19/2013
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.3.9600.17196"
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 13.5 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory 15.3 GB
Page File Space 2.38 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Video Card Nvidia GTX 780

Windows event log
Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program The Sims™ 4 because of this error.

Program: The Sims™ 4
File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: 00000000
Disk type: 0

Partial Dxdiag
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/2/2014, 02:27:32
Machine name:
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.140723-2018)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
System Model: All Series
BIOS: 1405
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16322MB RAM
Page File: 3069MB used, 15684MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)

Comments

• blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited September 2014
    1) Did you make sure to clean the registry in between uninstalling / re-installing to ensure there were no left over damaged or corrupt files?

2) Did you run a CHKDSK on the C:\drive?

3) What version of Microsoft .NET Frameworks do you have installed?
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • JP1181JP1181 Posts: 5 New Member
    Same issue here, others are also having the same problem. There is another thread on this issue with just the error code number.
  • BiggJ62BiggJ62 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @blunote00 said:
    > 1) Did you make sure to clean the registry in between uninstalling / re-installing to ensure there were no left over damaged or corrupt files?
    >
    > 2) Did you run a CHKDSK on the C:\drive?
    >
    > 3) What version of Microsoft .NET Frameworks do you have installed?

1. yes
    2. yes, no errors on both patitions
    3. all of them 1 - 4 with update 4.5.2

tried re-installing again, same error as before
    not sure what the problem is as there is no game logs, maybe hard-drive is too large 4 TiB.
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hmmmm. I saw those just didn't reply in them since I got to this one first. I believe MS .NET Framework needs to be version 3.5 SP1 and up, so you're okay there. I don't think it's a problem with a large hard drive as that program only has issues if you are low on free space. I'll have to keep researching the issue. :s
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • AvecessAvecess Posts: 8 New Member
    Same issue here, re-installing at the moment...
    Update - found the crash dumps
    Dump Summary
    ------------
    Dump File: TS4.exe.5524.dmp : C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\CrashDumps\TS4.exe.5524.dmp
    Last Write Time: 9/2/2014 10:40:43 AM
    Process Name: TS4.exe : E:\Games\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe
    Process Architecture: x86
    Exception Code: 0xC000001D
    Exception Information: The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction.
    Heap Information: Not Present

System Information
    ------------------
    OS Version: 6.3.9600
    CLR Version(s):
    edited September 2014
    re-install after launch, 'repair game' option, compatibility and admin options, ...nothing.

not sure if this is of any use, but:

The 0xc000001d error is a common yet critical error that can occur when Windows is damaged or fails to work as a result of either missing system files or corrupt system components.
    A 0xc000001d error code can occur because of a number of reasons, of which corrupt registry files is the most common and about 94% of the time, this results in the error.

Its more likely that the dump is referencing the code as a universal indicator for a sims 4 file corruption.

EA / Devs!! help us :(

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 9/2/2014, 10:34:55
    Machine name: ***
    Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
    System Model: System Product Name
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/05/10 19:13:52 Ver: 08.00.10
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16288MB RAM
    Page File: 3874MB used, 28700MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 680

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 4: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.
    bumping...
  • RindragonRHRindragonRH Posts: 3 New Member
    Theres another thread stating that the game doesnt like it when Origin isnt on the same hard drive as windows so try installing it on every hard drive connected and see how that goes. Few people confirmed it as a fix but i can't as of yet. Waiting to install as i write this.
    Confirming that for me, re-installing Origin fixed the issue. (uninstalled sims 4, uninstalled origin, reinstalled origin, reinstalled sims4)
    Now working after installing origin and game to C drive - unbelievable.
  • EssylltEssyllt Posts: 6 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I know you're not kidding me, but ... really? I've already downloaded and installed twice, and I have to do it again? And put a game on the C drive? Surely they must, or should, know that gamers simply don't do that, for very valid reasons, with later versions of Windows.

Will there be a fix?

Edit: both Origin and Sims 4 are on the same drive on my pc - it just isn't the C drive.
    edited September 2014
    It needs to be the same drive (partition) where your OS is installed. This feels a lot like sloppy, lazy or just plain rushed programming, ordinarily you wouldn't hard code something like this.

> @Essyllt said:
    > I know you're not kidding me, but ... really? I've already downloaded and installed twice, and I have to do it again? And put a game on the C drive? Surely they must, or should, know that gamers simply don't do that, for very valid reasons, with later versions of Windows.
    >
    > Will there be a fix?
    >
    > Edit: both Origin and Sims 4 are on the same drive on my pc - it just isn't the C drive.
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, well, firstly I'm unwilling to install games on my C drive unless absolutely forced to do so - in fact, I'm still unwilling to do so even then, but may do it anyway because I want to play. Secondly, my pc was partitioned to reflect my needs - my C drive just isn't all that large, and I'm supposing there will be expansion packs eventually, and I've preordered Dragon Age: Inquisition as well. My D drive is very large because that's where all my games, and indeed all my other files (documents, videos, music, whatever) are.

I'm hoping they'll FIX this, because using the C drive is problematical.
    > @Essyllt said:
    > Yeah, well, firstly I'm unwilling to install games on my C drive unless absolutely forced to do so - in fact, I'm still unwilling to do so even then, but may do it anyway because I want to play. Secondly, my pc was partitioned to reflect my needs - my C drive just isn't all that large, and I'm supposing there will be expansion packs eventually, and I've preordered Dragon Age: Inquisition as well. My D drive is very large because that's where all my games, and indeed all my other files (documents, videos, music, whatever) are.
    >
    > I'm hoping they'll FIX this, because using the C drive is problematical.

I'm the same way I do not install anything to my system drive, well until now.
  • lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    Same message only have 1 drive all drivers up to date no problems with chkdsk. Game runs but every time I run it I fond 2 application errors in event viewer.
    > @lauriej0823 said:
    > Same message only have 1 drive all drivers up to date no problems with chkdsk. Game runs but every time I run it I fond 2 application errors in event viewer.

In your case it might be security related.
  • PsyencePsyence Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm so confused by this error - I played for 6 hours yesteray and it ran like a dream. I'd pre-loaded the game too, so when I came home from work I just loaded it up and played. Today, I clicked the Sim 4 icon on my desktop and it opened up Oigin to download the new patch, and now my game is just completely ruined. I've uninstalled the game and origin. Restarted PC, reinstalled origin and now redownloading the game. This is absolutely ridiculous, but I guess I should have expected it. EA always messes something up.
    edited September 2014
    BiggJ62 wrote: »
    > @lauriej0823 said:<br />
    > Same message only have 1 drive all drivers up to date no problems with chkdsk. Game runs but every time I run it I fond 2 application errors in event viewer.<br />
    <br />
    In your case it might be security related.

message on event id 1000
    Faulting application name: TS4.exe, version: 1.0.671.10, time stamp: 0x54096859
    Faulting module name: TS4.exe, version: 1.0.671.10, time stamp: 0x54096859
    Exception code: 0xc000001d
    Fault offset: 0x01a53a08
    Faulting process id: 0x574
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cfca01f7e04927
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe
    Report Id: 3984ed0a-35f5-11e4-beda-902b34ebc739
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

message 2 event id 1005

Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program The Sims™ 4 because of this error.

Program: The Sims™ 4
    File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
    User Action
    1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
    2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
    - It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
    - It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
    3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
    4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
    5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
    Error value: 00000000
    Disk type: 0
    > @lauriej0823 said:
    > BiggJ62 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > message on event id 1000
    > Faulting application name: TS4.exe, version: 1.0.671.10, time stamp: 0x54096859
    > Faulting module name: TS4.exe, version: 1.0.671.10, time stamp: 0x54096859
    > Exception code: 0xc000001d
    > Fault offset: 0x01a53a08
    > Faulting process id: 0x574
    > Faulting application start time: 0x01cfca01f7e04927
    > Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe
    > Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe
    > Report Id: 3984ed0a-35f5-11e4-beda-902b34ebc739
    > Faulting package full name:
    > Faulting package-relative application ID:
    >
    > message 2 event id 1005
    >
    > Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program The Sims™ 4 because of this error.
    >
    > Program: The Sims™ 4
    > File:
    >
    > The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
    > User Action
    > 1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
    > 2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
    > - It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
    > - It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
    > 3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
    > 4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
    > 5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.
    >
    > Additional Data
    > Error value: 00000000
    > Disk type: 0

I never install to that path(C:\Program Files (x86)\), windows treats it differently than other folders. Make a new folder called Games and install to that. The event log (Windows cannot access the file) is being quite literal, for whatever reason it cannot access that file.
    I have never had a problem with this before I wonder if it is because the game is being run without disk and the file is actually needs is on the origin servers since you have to have origin open to play the game. and it doesn't matter if origin is online or offline it still needs to be open and you need to be logged into to play the game.
    I know that all game launches end up being buggy, but this is ridiculous. Do we have any answer as to whether they're going to fix this or not? If they are, I'll wait to get the patch and play. If not, then I have to decide whether to risk installing on the C drive (and potentially run out of space in the future) or to just ask for a refund and cancel my pre-order of DA:I.
  • WoopiedoWoopiedo Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi all,

I have had this problem since day of release, i have tried all the ways of fixing it i could find on many websites.

Because of the Dead Rising 3 crash with Nvidia optimus, i wonder if this is the same type of error.

Post specs so we can see.

my specs,

MSI GE60 2PC Apache Laptop
    i7 4700hq
    8 gb ram
    win 7 64bit
    nvidia gtx 850m
    340.52 driver

Cheers woopiedo.
    From what I understand Woopiedo, we already know the problem. EA messed up the coding - the game won't run unless you have both Origin and the Sims 4 installed on the same drive as your OS (see posts further up). So if you've done what most gamers and many others do, which is have them installed elsewhere, it won't run. To fix it you need to uninstall and reinstall both on your C drive (presuming that's where your OS is). The only other way to fix the problem is for EA to actually fix the coding.
  • WoopiedoWoopiedo Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes i only have a small ssd for my os, so i install on my other drive. Why with such a big game release does this not work when i have never had this problem before, even with many games even older games i can get to work. The Sims 3 works fine, what has happened to this game? I see other people have updated their working game only to hit this error, i think your are right EssyIIt shonky coding causing no end of errors, crashes and problems for many people.

With the Sims 4 and Dead Rising 3 not working on my Laptop it seams like i brought an expensive doormat i hope Far Cry 4 will work and not have problems like this.

Oh well hope that in time the problems will get sorted, fingers crossed.

Woopiedo :smiley: