Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Urgh! Sim won't go to work glitch!

I've just had this happen to me. My Sim, a level 6 in Film (Acting branch) is a stubborn so-and-so and is refusing to go to work. I've clicked the Go to Work button in the Careers panel, clicked on the location itself, saved and quit and gone back into my game, and guess what, it didn't work! What to do, what to do? My Sim missed a whole day of work and his performance bar is now half red and if he misses another day he'll get the sack! I heard that doing something with the Sim-in-questions' career outfit has something to do with it. I think I had this problem once before, but it must have been a while ago because I can't remember how I fixed it. Pretty please help me, even though you've all probably seen this lots of times before!

Comments

• NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    This is a glitch that happens from time to time and is usually resolved by simply having your sim change into their work clothes and then send them of to work. Hope this works for you :)
  • meredisumeredisu Posts: 112 Member
    Usually it's the career outfit - and like you this almost only happens for me with Film or PI careers. Can you try having him change his clothes? Sometimes that works. If not the way I get it to work is using testing cheats and editing the sims career outfit.
    Simblr: meresimblr.tumblr.com
    <p><b>--Mere</b>
  • chic_urbanitychic_urbanity Posts: 274 Member
    Nofravell wrote: »
    This is a glitch that happens from time to time and is usually resolved by simply having your sim change into their work clothes and then send them of to work. Hope this works for you :)

This solution works for me too. I run into this problem on occasion, and changing into work gear always does the trick.
    b11vVIw.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I had that glitch happen once and it got solved by replacing their workplace rabbithole and getting them a new job at the new place.They went to work at the replace rabbithole and that glitch can be cause by routing issues on the workplace lot which means you might have to demolish the lot and replace it.You might also have to rest your town if it continues.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    What a coincidence, I literally just answered almost the same question XD Here is what I said, pasted in:

You need to change their career outfit because that's why they won't go to work. But as you say, going to the dresser freezes it when they're in their career clothes, so do this: change their outfit to everyday, or something different (NOT Career) and then from there, you can click on the career outfit button as you click down the other outfits. Change it to whatever, and it should be fixed after that. Worked both times I've had this glitch with me, so I hope it works for you too ^_^
  • PurpleNightOwlPurpleNightOwl Posts: 205 Member
    Yes, changing into the outfit before sending my Sim to work worked! Thank you for your help everyone. I was just getting worried because I was scared that if the problem didn't fix itself or get fixed, then my Sim would eventually get fired, and no-one wants that! All that hard work to reach that level in a Sim's career.
  • krishie_fadriskrishie_fadris Posts: 1 New Member
    Omooo! This was also my problem. I repeatedly click the 'go to work' button but still, my sim won't go to work, so she got demoted. I came here because I want to know the answer for my problem. Thank you everyone! Later, I'm gonna try to change her outfit :))
  • ChristinaluvsChristinaluvs Posts: 20 Member
    Honestly, just yesterday I had sent my sim to work (a household of mother, daughter and two pets- a cat and a dog.
    I went off the lot looking around the backyard when I got a notification saying she'd be late for work/something of the sort and of course I thought well, that's okay.
    But then when I click on her sim she's petting the dog?? I tried to send her to work again- therein cancelling her action of petting the dog- but what I got was her running to the household door and then disappearing (kind of like a hologram) and I then see her still standing where she had been before lol.
    I was pretty spooked, I tried sending her to work by her car by clicking on it and the same thing happened. Even the dog couldn't leave the house! So I just paused the game, saved and quitted and started playing again.
    It was the first time something like that happened to me but it hasn't happened again so far.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top