Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims3 Launcher has stopped working/Unable to bypass Launcher or start game

Tried to go start my game earlier and the Launcher stopped working.
I am not able to install CC or even get my game running.
I have tried dragging the TS3 application from my Sims 3 folder to my desktop and starting it from there. Nothing.
I have gone into Documents/EA/Sims3/DCcache and deleting the 'missing' something file.
What the heck?

Comments

• ktwilight777ktwilight777 Posts: 172 Member
    Where you getting any errors that came up? Or is it just like not responding, then closes on its own?
  • CalliCat1113CalliCat1113 Posts: 38 New Member
    Hey, thanks for your reply.
    And the only error I get is when the Launcher stops working. It just says, "Sims3 Launcher has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
    And when I try bypassing the Launcher, the cursor spins for a second, then stops. No error message. Nothing ever happens.
  • pepperw1pepperw1 Posts: 487 Member
    edited August 2014
    Sometimes the store patches are the cause of the problems. You can run and play the game without them. Just go to the Content patch folder, click on the downloads folder, highlight all patches. Cut and paste them onto your desktop. Close anything you have open and launch the game. When you get the message," A new update is available , do you want to install?" , click no. Afterwards, you should be able to click play, or whatever.
    edited August 2014
    Alright, I will try that.
    Thank you.
    Post edited by CalliCat1113 on
    I realized that after I had posted it. So went back and offered a different solution. Sorry!
    edited August 2014
    Where would I find the Content patch folder?
    EDIT: Nevermind I found it! xD
    EDIT again: .... there is nothing in the downloads folder. .... absolutely nothing. Could this be a cause/issue?
    Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 . There will be a folder in there called, Content Patch. Inside that is where the Downloads folder is. Inside that is where the store patches are.
    Empty. ;-;
    Ok, then is there a "don't bug me til next patch" in the Content Patch folder?
    No. In the Content Patch folder there is a Download folder with nothing in it.
    So its an empty folder inside a folder inside a bunch of other folders :p
    When you open your Content Patch folder there should be inside it, the Downloads folder and a contentpatch.package file. Is there also a , Don'tBugMeTilNextPatch, in there?
    edited August 2014
    There's nothing but the Downloads folder in the Content Patch folder. No files in the Content Patch folder. No files in the download folder.
    And I can't post a picture of it. Gah.
    On the launcher, have you got the autoupdate checked? Or you may have to do a factory reset.
    I can't even access the launcher. It quits working as soon as I open it.
    Then you can try doing a factory reset. In case you don't know how to do it, read this; http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=7507.0
    Thank you for working with me on this. I will try a factory reset, and I guess it should work. ^^
    Let's hope it will. Fingers crossed.
    Well. I can't do the third step on the factory reset because I can't enter the game. Foo.
    You don't need to go into the game to do a factory reset.
    Go to , Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims3. Right click the sims3 file and cut and paste it to your desktop. Then start your game like you normally would. Forget about the Sims3 folder you've pasted on your desktop for now. Once you've gotten the launcher up, close it.
    I can't start my game. Not from the launcher, not from bypassing it.
    I'm just going to re-install.
    I've had problems with Sims 3 ever since I first got it. >8U
  • LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    Have you tried launching the game from the TS3W.exe file?
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
    Said he tried that. Says he does'nt have some files in the Content Patch folder that he should have, besides the Downloads folder, of which he said is empty.
    *She xD
    And yeah. So I figured, well just re-install it. It can't hurt, I've done it twice before.
    Alright I tried it another way.
    I took my SavedSims, Downloads, Mods, Screenshots, and Saves folder out of The Sims 3. I tried putting one by one in the folder again and opening the Launcher. I narrowed it down to the SavedSims folder, and a file in it called downloadedsims.index. Everytime I put it back in the folder, I would open the Launcher and it would crash. Problem solved. Delete the downloadedsims.index and continue on my way. 8D