Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Legacy Home Must Haves...

13...Next

Comments

• SparkleSparkle Posts: 1,476 Member
    Uber happy sims when you buy expensive new stuff and sad angry ones if you dare buy them anything cheap?
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • ShadowkeepernoirShadowkeepernoir Posts: 55 Member
    I start my legacy house off as a wall, a toilet, and a bed. Eventually I like to have a couple master suites, a large nursery (which won't be necessary in TS4), 2 regular bedrooms, 3-4 bathrooms, a large eat-in kitchen opening into a great room (living room, family room, and dining room as one space), an office, back patio for bbq's and a crafting room. My first legacy house taught me a lesson on crafting rooms. I started with a small basement with an easel and some basic work out equipment. As generations went the basement got bigger and I kept adding themed rooms (video games, gyms, indoor spa, science, art, ect). It got way out of hand and ended up bigger than my house. After that I would only keep equipment on hand for the current household members. Not having the basement to expand this time round will force me to be more economical with my space.

By the way, I don't recall who said it but fantastic idea about building the house, saving the rooms to the gallery and then adding them back over generations.
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    Just tossing in a suggestion: Tag your Legacy Challenge homes (and families) with #LegacyChallenge so your fellow Legacy Challenge players can find them easily!

My personal take on Legacy Home building is based on the personality of whomever is in charge of the family at the time. What rooms I focus on, what gets the most improvement based on the family's income and which gets neglected (or even demolished) is all based on the personality of head of the household.

In my Creator's Camp Legacy Challenge house, My Founder, the insane and artistic Lady Cheshire built a huge 2-story tall theatre that literally takes up half the house's footprint but doesn't provide a TON of benefit to the family. She also improved the heck out of her "Inspiration room". The kitchen and bedrooms, by comparison, are pretty barren and neglected, containing only the functional items needed to make them work. When Lance takes over, perhaps he will have a more pragmatic approach to home building.

But really, there is no right or wrong way to build a Legacy Challenge home. I just am fascinated to see the kinds of houses that emerge when given a 50x50 blank slate and a framework to have a house develop organically. (as opposed to building a house with unlimited funds)
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    Sparkle wrote: »
    Uber happy sims when you buy expensive new stuff and sad angry ones if you dare buy them anything cheap?

Probably, someone said to avoid the cheapest objects because it made sims upset!
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    @Shadowkeepernoir I'm actually thinking of doing something similar with an attic this time around since we don't have basements but great ideas!

@Pinstar1161 Thank you, I will have to write that down so I remember to tag them right! I'm new to that whole process because I don't use Twitter. That theater sounds really awesome and like something my founder Lillian would love or would have in 3 she's been dead a while! lol I can't wait to get my hands on it already!
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member

Probably, someone said to avoid the cheapest objects because it made sims upset!

Low quality objects can (but not always) leave your sims with a + 1 uncomfortable moodlet that lasts for several hours. +1 uncomfortable by itself is trivial and pretty easy to overcome with a more positive emotion. The problem is that all uncomfortable moodlets, regardless of their source, build on each other in strength and if you have one need-based uncomfortable moodlet, adding an extra +1 on top of it can mean the difference between going to work happy and uncomfortable.
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • aka_moiaka_moi Posts: 86 Member
    I've been doodling for three weeks what I am gonna build in Sims 4.

That will certainly make for some more interesting starts to legacies - now they will be truly upset at how they are starting out in life!

Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    The different types of rooms (skill rooms, study rooms, etc) tend to vary on the legacy and the current generation, but my absolute must-haves are plenty of bathrooms. At least 2, if not 3 and 4 for the bigger generations. Nothing I hate worse than 4-5 sims all needing to pee at the same time and having to wait in line. Lol

Oh yes! I usually make sure that the kids share a bathroom and the parents and grandparents have their own and then always a half bath which is easily accessible but sometimes even with that I still have pile ups! lol

mysims 3 sims just pee themselves if they can't hold it. i never seems to matter how many bathrooms i have.

• krystle0385krystle0385 Posts: 563 Member
    > @MasonGamer said:
    > depends on the size of the Family
    >
    > for my first family of 4
    > upstairs
    > Master bedroom w/ walk-in closet and master bathroom.
    > two standard size bed rooms.
    > regular bathroom
    > downstairs
    > livingroom
    > kitchen
    > dining room
    > another bathroom
    > Study
    > if basements were possible i'd put the laundry room, home gym, and entertainment down there. and a Secret Vault.
    > The house I'm trying to design is a lakeside colonial home.
    >
    >
    > the Family who lives here is Husband and Wife, Trent and Julia with their oldest daughter Desirée and younger son Mason.(me)
    >
    > Currently working on my family of 8 situation
    > 2 parents
    > 6 kids, all boys.

Wow, this is beautiful!
    did ea say what the household limit is. i haven't watched much so i don't know if its still 8.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    @friendsfan367 i believe its still 8/houshold (i hope my largest family is 8 sims). but i know you can have up to 20 sims on a lot at a time.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    @friendsfan367 i believe its still 8/houshold (i hope my largest family is 8 sims). but i know you can have up to 20 sims on a lot at a time.

thank you.
    edited September 2014
    @friendsfan367 It is still 8 cos in the live feed the other night when bella was pregnant they were saying they could only add 1 more sim to the house because there were already 6 sims and a baby on the way, so one more for 8 total.
    SparkleSimsSig2.png