Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Legacy Home Must Haves...

allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
So just curious what everyone feels their legacy homes must include?

For me it's
-Master Suite
-Guest/Grandparent Suite
-Boy and Girl bedroom(preferably with jack n jill baths)
-Nursery
-Skill Room

I will be building some legacy homes for download as well as trying to build one for my own legacy family so I just wanted some feedback to help me plan.
- Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
alliesim02
The Scott Legacy

Comments

• Options
    LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    The different types of rooms (skill rooms, study rooms, etc) tend to vary on the legacy and the current generation, but my absolute must-haves are plenty of bathrooms. At least 2, if not 3 and 4 for the bigger generations. Nothing I hate worse than 4-5 sims all needing to pee at the same time and having to wait in line. Lol
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2014
    depends on the size of the Family

for my first family of 4
    upstairs
    Master bedroom w/ walk-in closet and master bathroom.
    two standard size bed rooms.
    regular bathroom
    downstairs
    livingroom
    kitchen
    dining room
    another bathroom
    Study
    if basements were possible i'd put the laundry room, home gym, and entertainment down there. and a Secret Vault.
    The house I'm trying to design is a lakeside colonial home.

the_sorcerer_s_home_by_mperry1995-d6xod1u.jpg
    the Family who lives here is Husband and Wife, Trent and Julia with their oldest daughter Desirée and younger son Mason.(me)

Currently working on my family of 8 situation
    2 parents
    6 kids, all boys.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    cutplyr7cutplyr7 Posts: 42 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

for my first family of 4
    upstairs
    Master bedroom w/ walking closet and master bathroom.
    regular bathroom
    downstairs
    livingroom
    kitchen
    dining room
    another bathroom
    Study
    if basements were possible i'd put the laundry room, home gym, and entertainment down there. and a Secret Vault.

the Family who lives here is Husband and Wife, Trent and Julia with their oldest daughter Desirée and younger son Mason.(me)

2 parents
    6 kids, all boys.

Your house looks great. I wish I could draw that good.

• Options
    @cutplyr7 thanks, I've been waiting for this game for so long to actually play around with it.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    The different types of rooms (skill rooms, study rooms, etc) tend to vary on the legacy and the current generation, but my absolute must-haves are plenty of bathrooms. At least 2, if not 3 and 4 for the bigger generations. Nothing I hate worse than 4-5 sims all needing to pee at the same time and having to wait in line. Lol

Oh yes! I usually make sure that the kids share a bathroom and the parents and grandparents have their own and then always a half bath which is easily accessible but sometimes even with that I still have pile ups! lol
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options

for my first family of 4
    upstairs
    Master bedroom w/ walk-in closet and master bathroom.
    regular bathroom
    downstairs
    livingroom
    kitchen
    dining room
    another bathroom
    Study

2 parents
    6 kids, all boys.

Love your house design! I really hope basements will be a feature they add later because my sims 3 legacy family has a nectar cellar and a vault where I keep all the collectibles!
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    cutplyr7cutplyr7 Posts: 42 Member
    @cutplyr7 thanks, I've been waiting for this game for so long to actually play around with it.
    Me too! I'm excited to see your creations.
  • Options
    KeiyalolKeiyalol Posts: 32 Member
    I love having a large art gallery room in all of my legacy homes for sim created paintings, etc.
  • Options
    I do miss we won't be able to do portraits! Maybe we can at least hang the pictures they take with their phones?!
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    aware210aware210 Posts: 151 Member
    I usually do a "formal" dining and living room. A large eat in kitchen as well. An office with a lot of book shelves and seating. I usually put a chess table in there and sometimes the easel. I have a large game room with skill objects and entertainment objects, musical instruments and such. I put 2 master suites. One for the current heir and one for the elder founder/heir. 2 other large bedrooms and a nursery. I usually put about 4 full baths. Oh and if i can find the room I throw a home gym in there.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
  • Options
    I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to implement a graveyard or memorial garden. Since there are no ghosts a spooky graveyard just doesn't seem quite right!
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @Allisoneg02 Right But I noticed from gameplay videos our deceased beloveds get "Cremated" after the Grim Reaper takes their soul I was thinking like making a mausoleum for mine.

@rosemow thank you.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    @MasonGamer I was thinking something along that lines myself, but surely they change into a grave if placed outside? I will miss the random hauntings at first I'm sure but those always got annoying after a few generations! XD
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    SparkleSparkle Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited August 2014
    > @Lynnwood said:
    > Nothing I hate worse than 4-5 sims all needing to pee at the same time and having to wait in line. Lol

What were you doing that they all waited in line? Mine just all barged in and then stomped at each other (and me!) XD

And to add to the legacy house convo - mine were all sims 2 legacies, I never got around to doing one in 3 but my basics were always at least 4 bedrooms - 2 "masters" for the current elder couple and adult couple, at least two kids rooms, at least as many bathrooms as bedrooms (normally en suite) with +1 for guests. Living room, dinning room and kitchen (sometimes combined), study, separate skilling area (outside until seasons were introduced otherwise in the basement) and often a separate games room which would also have the portraits in. If I try to do a legacy in 4, I may need to rethink but we'll see.
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    @Sparkle mine always walked in on each other too.. then got all embarrassed and the sim who was showering or whatever would get out and still be stinky! Ugh that was so annoying!! They should be able to "lock" the door to other sims while they are in there.
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    They should really make the option to lock doors.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    KaleekoKaleeko Posts: 586 Member
    I think pretty much everyone's nailed what I like to include in my own legacy houses, but two things I really like to include are:

A Sitting Room - Basically a second living room, that has a fireplace and bookcases and the walls either have family portraits or displays of collectibles like fish or what not. I like something that ends up being really warm and cozy and quiet; then I usually put the living room with the TV and video games on the other side of the house.

A Hobby Room - A little place for sims who have a job 'creating' stuff like a painter, a writer... something that I can change to suit the needs of the current family. This could kind of qualify as a study, but sometimes the room is a separate little 'shack' on the property, if it is a workshop for inventing or other noisy skills. :3
  • Options
    SparkleSparkle Posts: 1,476 Member
    @Sparkle mine always walked in on each other too.. then got all embarrassed and the sim who was showering or whatever would get out and still be stinky! Ugh that was so annoying!! They should be able to "lock" the door to other sims while they are in there.

Definitely need some kind of automatic bathroom locking system LOL Although I am going to miss all the bathroom births! XD
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    Sparkle wrote: »

Definitely need some kind of automatic bathroom locking system LOL Although I am going to miss all the bathroom births! XD
    Those are always funny! Especially if they clog the toilet first!
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    miss_pooksalotmiss_pooksalot Posts: 69 Member
    edited August 2014
    @MasonGamer I absolutely love your design for the lakeside colonial home, as for me I like to have a modern kitchen with a formal dining room attached. For the living room a big tv with all the gadgets attached with a section for the study (bookcase and computer), as for the hobbies I like to separate them into different sections. I had all of the science/logic equipment in one room, art easel and drafts drawing table with sewing deco in another, a gym, the sculpture and the inventing work bench in another, then I would have bathrooms for each bedroom and more on the different floors, and also a laundry room.
    I was never to good at designing houses so it looked like a giant box with loads of rooms inside that I made too big for each of its purpose :P. This time for the Sims 4 I am going to take my time in designing the layout of the house. It might be easier for me this time as there won't be as many objects to choose from for the different hobbies like the skeleton and the brain enhancer from the Sims 3. Pooks x
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    the thing about legacy houses is that legacies stick with the same lot, the same house the whole game, and don't have the funds for a ready-built house until the legacy is already well underway. So the purpose of your house is lost on the legacy player.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    Taito89Taito89 Posts: 33 Member
    Not any longer as a house from the exchange (cant remember the name in sims 4) can now be added straight to an active lot. So if a family has enough money they would be able to add the new house
  • Options
    the thing about legacy houses is that legacies stick with the same lot, the same house the whole game, and don't have the funds for a ready-built house until the legacy is already well underway. So the purpose of your house is lost on the legacy player.

I always pick out a house and a floor plan. That way as my founder earns money I start to build the "bones" of it and while I might at first have her sleeping and using the toilet in the future living/study/kitchen it's just temporary. Since the sims 4 allows you to upload rooms my idea this time was to make her a shack and then as she gets money buy the rooms which I will premake on a another lot. I don't know how well it will work yet but I also wanted to include other simmers ideas for my website :)
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    celdys0nceldys0n Posts: 107 Member
    " @Taito89 said:
    Not any longer as a house from the exchange (cant remember the name in sims 4) can now be added straight to an active lot. So if a family has enough money they would be able to add the new house"

I think the legacy challenge is going to have a few rules changed/added for TS4 because of how different the system is. Who knows, Legacy might have some starters for the challenge!

@allisoneg02 I was thinking of making a Legacy House challenge, have it focus on each generation adding their touch to the house and take a photo to catalogue the process... but I don't know