Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long does it normally take you to build a Sim house?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    Depends mostly on what kind of lot I'm building. My latest build is taking me the longest in quite a while. I'll upload some pictures in a bit.
  • Options
    tessabemetessabeme Posts: 226 Member
    Usually I take a pre-made house and then add on to it and redecorate to make it my own!

When I build a house from scratch it's honestly always WIP as I play the game I build the rooms!
    Follow me on Tumblr
  • Options
    SimperatrixSimperatrix Posts: 176 Member
    It usually takes me a few hours to get to a point where the house is not quite finished but looks decent enough for gameplay. I'm picky when it comes to houses so it'll probably take forever for the house to be "complete." :)

Because of this, I once had a family living in a "palace" that had only a living room interior and some bits of the exterior done. Everything else was a shell.
  • Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    On an average 30X30 or 40X40 lot (I don't usually build on lots bigger than that), it'll take me several days, sometimes a couple of weeks. On smaller lots it'll take just a few hours.
  • Options
    chorvageechorvagee Posts: 544 Member
    2 hours but a plain one with no decorations just objects to keep my sims going. I only do this for an empty world so that gameplay is a lot faster.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    It depends on how big I want the house to be. If it's only about as big as a pre-made starter home, I can usually get it in done in about two days. A family-size house might take me closer to a week, and a mansion takes a minimum of two weeks for me.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Usually, If I'm building something. It's to improve a sim's house. I converted the barn of the Lexington to be a garage with a games room upstairs. I've also recently added a gothic room which holds the alchemy and magical stuff. I've even moved the portal to a pillared area. One of my finest achievements is building a lecture hall in Appaloosa Plains, complete with podium and whiteboard. could actually double up as a wedding venue.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    CatrillaCatrilla Posts: 1,708 Member
    A generation or so. I don't like to use money cheats. Just uploaded current household, I have been moving out heirs and starting over on new lots but thinking about keeping this one.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited September 2014
    They took my "This House Su cks!" home off! Ding-dang it! Here's another one the "Not So BIG House" home. Hopefully it'll stay on the market abit longer for those who like starter homes! §10,300 and it's yours! :^)

EDIT: forgot the link http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8447486
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I haven't finished a build in TS4 yet. I've put maybe a week into a build but it has a build bug with the windows I want so it may sit there a few days. I expect it will take me some time to finish it. I am not a prolific builder but I do put a lot of work into what I do. I have spent months working on a build in TS3 to get it to where I am happy enough with it to share. Not finished, I don't think any of them are really ever finished. I can be what looks like nearly done, change one thing and get a whole different vibe for the house and go through it again changing things out.

I don't mind taking forever to complete a build. It makes me happy to create, even if I am slow.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited September 2014
    I almost never build. All of my houses look like boxes. :disappointed:

What I do instead is take pre-build homes that I like and gut them to make them my own, or add a room or two onto them. I'd say it takes me around 2 -3 hours or so on average to renovate and decorate. But I keep changing things up as a go.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    slynnski wrote: »
    Bleh, I can't build to save my life. I'm so jealous...

Someday, someday, I will build something beautiful.

I am envious of builders too, I tried several times to build and it always without exception ended up crap and a waste of time but I always appreciate others works of art and try to thank everyone for their superb builds because without them my worlds would be bland :D

• Options
    TheSimDionTheSimDion Posts: 234 Member
    It can take me days, because sometimes I get tired of building.
  • Options
    MusicalRose21MusicalRose21 Posts: 143 Member
    I do love building but I'm not very good at it and don't have the time that often. When I do it depends on the size and how much detail I go into but it usually times 1-4 hours.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I spend a lot of time building a house and it always feels like two seconds lol.
    Which is why I often end up going to bed 4 in the morning when I do...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CalvinBruce_ukCalvinBruce_uk Posts: 576 Member
    I've been building the same house for 2 months, possibly longer

It's not even that big, I'm a lazy builder I have no excuses! :s
  • Options
    Lilian1234Lilian1234 Posts: 5 New Member
    I suck at building
  • Options
    Lilian1234Lilian1234 Posts: 5 New Member
    Lol ^_^
  • Options
    Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    I usually spend an hour to two hours building and decorating. It all depends on the size of family and size of house. But I usually just make it up as I go along, and they usually end up being square or rectangle shaped :D
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    This thread has been necro'd ^^ Closing it off as a result.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top