Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited May 2015
    @BuildnShare, just one question.Challenge#18 is a self contained annex. I understand it to be build separately from a main building but on the same property. Are we allowed to build it on the same lot as "Best laid plants part one" or must it be on a lot on its own? :)
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @BuildnShare, just one question.Challenge#18 is a self contained annex. I understand it to be build separately from a main building but on the same property. Are we allowed to build it on the same lot as "Best laid plants part one" or must it be on a lot on its own? :)

Have this question, too. Not really understanding the language. Is it a home? I'm in the middle of my build. I didnt do best laid plans so this is a bit scary. Am I supposed to build the original home of best laid plans and then the extra annex? And is the budget for both homes?

iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I created a new single story living home, however I have just re read the challenge and am now unsure, @Zita1966z has built a complete home,
    and the budget is high, so I think its a whole home!
    You need to provide a wheelchair friendly home, so this needs to be another fully functioning residence, with 2 bedrooms (one of which must have an attached bathroom), a separate bathroom, kitchen, dining space and living area.
    You can choose any lot in Willow Creek to build on.
    Kathleen and Kelvin are elderly, so the décor should match accordingly.
    Your total cost for this portion of the challenge is $154,000, including the lot cost.
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Hi guys, apologies for the confusion, I don't think I explained this very well. This is a challenge that we first did for TS3, on a 60x60 lot. This left lots of room for an annex style home to be built on the same lot as the original home. With the 50x50 lot size restriction, I didn't think it would be fair to expect you guys to be able to it all on the same lot, so I want a starter home, on a second lot, for Kathleen and Kelvin, I know the budget is high, but hey, Kaye thinks the world of her in-laws and wants to them to have every comfort available...
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    @BuildnShare thank you for that clarification.
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Thanks @BuildnShare
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Hi guys, apologies for the confusion, I don't think I explained this very well. This is a challenge that we first did for TS3, on a 60x60 lot. This left lots of room for an annex style home to be built on the same lot as the original home. With the 50x50 lot size restriction, I didn't think it would be fair to expect you guys to be able to it all on the same lot, so I want a starter home, on a second lot, for Kathleen and Kelvin, I know the budget is high, but hey, Kaye thinks the world of her in-laws and wants to them to have every comfort available...

Yay! Thx!

iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Thanks @BuildnShare, will start in it straight away :)
  • TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #:18
    FORUM ID:twtybrd0707
    ORIGIN ID:twtybrd0707
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Best Laid Plans II Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/5001754DF23111E48FDE74782C4318E8?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=buildnshare18&max=25
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 87,106
    TOTAL COST: 89,106
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://wordpress.com/post/90734330/6/
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is my first build-n-share entry.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Only used build cheats. (bb.moveobjects on bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement)

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Lovely house @Zita1966, the wheelchair is a nice touch. Love it <3
    Nice house @TwtyBrd0707, I have the exact same idea for the wheelchair ramp. Well done :)
  • kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    @Zita1966 you have lovely landscaping in your lot @Twtybird0707 very nice especially like the kitchen. I'm the same @Issabella14 and I keep removing and adding a foundation as I can't decide if to have one or not.
    @kezflake, I know how you feel. Unsure of the build I have done, so I am going to leave it for a while and then try again. I don't know why I am struggling with this build. :(
    Thanks @kezflake and @Issabella14
    @TwtyBrd0707 I can't get in to see your slideshow. It wants me to sign in and I don't have a wordpress account.
    I really like your house @Zita1966z especially how you made the wheelchair and garage. I never though about making a garage door like that.
    @gmcrozier Any suggestions on how to make it so others can access the slideshow?
    I'm making an imgur account to try to put the slideshow on there.
    edited May 2015
    UPDATED ENTRY FORM WITH ADDITIONAL SLIDESHOW LINK
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #:18
    FORUM ID:twtybrd0707
    ORIGIN ID:twtybrd0707
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Best Laid Plans II Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/5001754DF23111E48FDE74782C4318E8?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=buildnshare18&max=25
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 87,106
    TOTAL COST: 89,106
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://wordpress.com/post/90734330/6/
    http://imgur.com/a/506lX#4

ENTRY DETAILS: This is my first build-n-share entry.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Only used build cheats. (bb.moveobjects on bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement)

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Thank you dear @TwtyBrd0707 so much and btw I find imgur the best programme for this purpose <3
    Does anyone know the results of challenge17 yet? :)
    edited May 2015
    @Zita1966z it sometimes takes awhile to get the results, depending on how many entries and how much RL gets in the way.

@TwtyBrd0707 thank you. :)
    @TwtyBrd0707 your house looks very nice, but you may want to take more pics. The judges like to see two or three pics of each room. The build is judged primarily on your photos.
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    This challenge seems so fun with such a awesome budget! I hope I will have enough time to whip something up when I get back to the England! While I'm loving being back in California to help my momma after surgery I sure miss my sims and building lol
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

edited May 2015
    gmcrozier wrote: »
    @Zita1966z it sometimes takes awhile to get the results, depending on how many entries and how much RL gets in the way.

@TwtyBrd0707 thank you. :)

@gmcrozier Thank you I did figure that much, the reason I was asking is because the title in the index confused me some what "BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #17 **DUE 05/13** BEST LAID PLANS PART II" Should't it read "BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #18 **DUE 05/13** BEST LAID PLANS PART II" Thats why I asked becasue I though I might have misunderstood that this is still part of a 17th challenge somehow..lol.. Thanks anyway :)
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited May 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 18
    FORUM ID: folala
    ORIGIN ID: folala
    LEVEL: established
    LOT: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/82F55B93F32511E488AD55E4B4723409?category=lots&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=newest&amp;time=weekly&amp;searchquery=forever home&amp;max=25
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: $129,459
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/Folalas/slideshow/sims34buildnshare18
    ENTRY DETAILS: 2 bed, 2 bath house with patio out the back and a fishing hole at the side for Kelvin so he doesn't have to go too far to get his angling fix. I tried to make it wheelchair friendly by leaving lots of space between furniture and putting ramps and railings where necessary but not making that the main focus of the house because Kathleen doesn't like a big fuss.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES:05-05-15_1-04nbspPM_zps7geawhcb.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top