Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Theraythe wrote: »
    CHALLENGE #165 - Barndominium
    FORUM ID: Theraythe
    ORIGIN ID: Therathe
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: 3 Olde Mill Lane
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Therathe&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $5,200
    GALLERY COST: $107,391
    TOTAL COST: $112,5591
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/ar1VKVb
    ENTRY DETAILS: An beautiful old barn has taken on a second life as a charming family home. The lot includes a treehouse for the children as well as a chicken coop and plenty of area to garden.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No cc
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:(No more than 2 please)
    Facebook:
    Twitter: @permatiredmomma
    ajpu9dc.jpg
    OyoeoLM.jpg

There you go :)
  • TheraytheTheraythe Posts: 35 Member
    Thank you @iampes23 :)
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    CHALLENGE #BNS165 - Barndominium
    FORUM ID: Jazmi1396
    ORIGIN ID: Jazmilia
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: The Lighthouse in Windenburg 40x30
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/35DC46933C3011ED8879C234F6D71F6C?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Jazmilia&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: $129.997
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/xPz5gq2
    ENTRY DETAILS: On the second floor there are 3 kidsrooms, a bathroom, and a playing area. First floor have a big kitchen/dining, living room with fireplace for Aitana, a small bathroom, a study, and the masterbedroom with bath. I tried to keep the rustic columns, beams and doors in the interior.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: 2 noCC paintings by Tiya33

Ox9x62D.png
    p7kXMBo.png

• coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited September 2022
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #BNS165 - Barndominium
    FORUM ID: coolsim9999999
    ORIGIN ID: coolsim9999999
    LEVEL: Established
    ROOM: Barn Rainbow
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/en-ca/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C96B07DB3C4C11ED84892FE0B3FAFF18?category=rooms&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=barn rainbow&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: §9,991
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/8AGFCrJ
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    After having bought a barn to renovate into their new home, this is the girls' playroom. The fence to the empty wall in the playroom to make it look like a loft that has a new drywall behind it to reduce noise from the children’s playroom to the rest of the house. They painted the old door to the playroom in a fun pattern but made sure to leave some spots unpainted for a more rustic look.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    y8kxjSX.png
    showing most of the room
    WJpgQSz.png
    the loft railing/hair bales behind which their mothers put drywall and painted it, but it still has a barn feel to it.
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited November 2022
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #165 -" Barndominium "
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: " It's A Good House " in BrindeltonBay ( The Hecking's House lot)
    NEW LOT LINK: Modern Barn Living
    LOT COST: $ 3,500.00
    GALLERY COST: $ 129,887.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Album
    ENTRY DETAILS: A Captivating custom contemporary Home was created from the old barn .It is now ready for it's new owners to come make it shine even brighter.
    As you enter through the double front doors you are immediately taken by the natural light, exposed beams & open floor plan.
    The large eat-in Country kitchen features a center island bar, with tons of cabinet space and easy access to the rear patio. The first floor offers two sitting areas, kitchen, formal dining room, office, & a full bath. The grand sitting room has a cathedral ceiling & a wood burning fireplace as requested.
    Upstairs you'll find 3 light filled bedrooms & a laundry room . The primary bedroom has an ensuite bath, a small office, and sliders to a private balcony. The other 2 bed rooms are connected by a Jack n Jill bath , with a Play room at the end of the hall in the loft. All with a color scheme with touches of Wood tones & soft bright colors like blue, yellow and green.
    Outside All of the original structure with it's rustic elements, has been preserved.
    The landscaping was cleaned up. There are lots of outdoor activities for this Family.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes..
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Art used from the gallery. Big Thanks to SimSationalToo & Juwels64.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

309379811_3384217951798272_3892409715208574668_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=Z9lc19K9kRsAX_9tkwc&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-5.fna&oh=00_AfAX5e4sqJH6Jw-hQTP-PIhUK3ejXLVjV31sF88Efh-Z-w&oe=636A221B

309368401_3384254878461246_411877386541097504_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=ByEWzNyGrToAX-L_Pwe&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-6.fna&oh=00_AfCybgQOwWARWyBLB_RCPQW8ubwSJZK5KaYqj3LXHI8uyg&oe=636A05B6

Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited November 2022
    BNS #165 Barndominium is now closed.
    [/center]
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited October 2022
    k6CZzpv.jpg
    It’s time to show us your spooky builds! For this fall designer showdown, your client is some sort of occult often associated with spookiness and Halloween: an alien, a ghost, a vampire, a werewolf or a witch. You may of course build for one or all of them if you want to.
    Choose one of the towers in the screenshot below to build your house around. You can use it wherever and as often as you want. The tower’s wall and foundation height and size can be changed as needed. Walls can be removed to join the tower to other rooms - no more than 2 if you’re using a square or rectangle, up to half for circles and octagons. Windows and doors can be added anywhere. CC is allowed. Yes, you can use cc to create goblins, fairies, ogres, etc.
    46Laeol.png

Premade tower shells can be found on the gallery under Fall22 Designer Showdown, or #bns166 and #fall2022

The brief:
    Budget: No budget this time
    Lot size: 30x20 or larger.
    Must have at least one bedroom, one bath, and the usual roomos a house needs.
    If you’re building for a witch, make sure to include a room for practicing magic and creating potions. (Yes those of you who like tormenting your sims can give the vampire a basement full of cells.)
    Landscape! Keep it spooky, but remember to build in summer. If you really want to, you can include autumn screenshots. At least one nighttime exterior shot would be nice but not required.

Sim challenge: While there usually isn’t a sim challenge for a designer showdown, you’re welcome to create your chosen client(s) and include them in your slideshow.

Room Challenge: No room challenge this time.

Remember to include the entirely of the hashtag #bns166 or your entries will not be judged! The deadline for this challenge is Monday Octer 31st, no later than 23:59:59 EST/New York time.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    I don't see a budget for this one
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    MaryKup wrote: »
    I don't see a budget for this one

The brief:
    Budget: No budget this time
    image.png
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    It's been almost exactly a year since I was last here, so I may have been a little excited and hyper focused to do this challenge. lol

CHALLENGE – 166: Fall Designer Showdown

FORUM ID: @icanhasims
    ORIGIN ID: icanhassims
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Wolfsbane Manor in Forgotten Hollow
    NEW LOT LINK: Vampirus Domocile
    LOT COST: 2,000
    GALLERY COST: 198,769
    TOTAL COST: 200,769
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/166-spooky-fall-designer-showdown.html
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Vampirus Domocile is a welcoming vampire home, ready to move in and enjoy good company and good blood... er food. The #garden pathway and small #pond in the back bring a gothic romantic feel to the property.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    PICTURES:
    10-03-22-3-09-48-pm_orig.png
    10-03-22-3-10-19-pm_orig.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member

Oh my goodness...this looks like so much fun!! And overwhelming :D . I've been reading through all of the first few posts and guides, but it says I can't do a slideshow on Postimage, which sadly is what I've been using so far.

Is there a free image hosting website you suggest to upload pictures for my slideshows?
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    HomeMama wrote: »
    Oh my goodness...this looks like so much fun!! And overwhelming :D . I've been reading through all of the first few posts and guides, but it says I can't do a slideshow on Postimage, which sadly is what I've been using so far.

Is there a free image hosting website you suggest to upload pictures for my slideshows?

I use Imgur (imgur.com), its simple and easy to use.
  • HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    Jazmi1396 wrote: »
    HomeMama wrote: »

I use Imgur (imgur.com), its simple and easy to use.

Thanks so much!! I'll go check it out.

bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #164 - The Hawthorne Project Phase XV

Your results are now available here.
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited October 2022
    Question: Do we have to grab the tower directly from the gallery, or can we recreate the one we want in our build? I already started on mine without grabbing a tower premade first. 😅
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    CHALLENGE – 166: Fall Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: @pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID: pammiechick
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: The Collective Cabin in Moonwood Mill
    NEW LOT LINK: Witch Upon a Star
    LOT COST: 2,000
    GALLERY COST: 236,084
    TOTAL COST: 238,084
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/bFThWeO
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    This is a spooky mansion for a spellcaster couple with a teen, child ,toddler and baby. Fun things to do for the whole family . Perfect for spells ,potions and more. There are spooky offerings throughout the home including bats, spiders, and other creepy things lurking!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    PICTURES:

W3if6p9.png

PzGPC3Y.png

I forgot the above shots so here they are:
    9mOjyVM.png

U8xgJlB.png

juGBxtx.png

b4lz6iD.png
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Question: Do we have to grab the tower directly from the gallery, or can we recreate the one we want in our build? I already started on mine without grabbing a tower premade first. 😅

I'd prefer if you did download them from the gallery, but you don't stricktly have to. they're more to give you some idea and maybe a head start.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    FORUM ID: AfterMidnight
    ORIGIN ID: AfterMidnight13
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Sapphire Shores
    NEW LOT LINK: Abandoned Ship
    LOT COST: 9,000
    GALLERY COST: 160,615
    TOTAL COST: 169,615
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: This build tested my patience, but overall, I think the effort was worth it! I love making grungy builds, so when I saw this month's challenge, my mind immediately went, "abandoned and decrepit pirate ship."
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    YMbfi7i.png
    CoYIvHH.png
  • MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    CHALLENGE #166 -Fall Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: MaryKup
    ORIGIN ID: Marykup
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: fall designer showcase
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F626394B595011ED8ADAB0367017BAFF?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Marykup&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3,000
    GALLERY COST: 163,826

LINK TO ENTRY https://imgur.com/a/l4NccJi
    This is a spooky Victorian Style home just perfect for a witch and her family. Halloween themed throughout. Lots of purples, orange and blacks. Plenty of things to do inside and out. Great for spellcasters.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Of course.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Thanks to #Mag6002, #Brids78 and #Peaceloveb for the very cool art work.

• PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    CHALLENGE #166 - Fall Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Glimmerbrook Watch in Glimmerbrook
    NEW LOT LINK: Witch's Haunted House
    LOT COST: $3,175
    GALLERY COST: $ 92,794
    TOTAL COST: $ 95,969
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Album
    ENTRY DETAILS: I made a Cute ,spooky- 1 bedroom 1 bath Country Cottage Ready for Halloween ! It's a Haunted House Residential in Glimmerbrook. It is Homey- has, Great Soil, a Home Studio it has ghosts. It was created for a solitary witch. I took the 3 towers and made them into a Spooky Cute Country Home . I play tested every part of the home & its skill building objects to make sure they all work..
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES

313180211_549288833839670_2720328042521938638_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=RLXZvPjn-YcAX9Ldknc&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=00_AfBS8Rn0jBohep25nuC3Ri3sCNyblXtaTM_ptdqjCAZnXg&oe=63660C63

313422768_550065300428690_4262382780561088223_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=dvHfSWuu2TcAX88pvKU&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=00_AfBYnVyl1-R4Ijy01Q9aDkSD_L-0MM5MfzZRmQvrbSHBEQ&oe=6364E3AF

edited December 2022
    BNS #166 Fall Designer Showdown is now closed.
    [/center]
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited November 2022
    p9xgcjU.jpg

The woman who steps into your office with her bright smile and even brighter red hair the color of the autumn leaves falling past your window is a welcome sight on such a cold, gray day. “Hello. Millicent Rogers, right?”
    “Yes, but please call me Millie. No one calls me Millicent,” she says.
    “Of course, I apologize. How can I help you?”
    “I just inherited my great-grandmother’s house and garden. The house is a mess, so I would like some help renovating and restoring it. If you think it should be torn down and rebuilt fro the ground up, I’ll accept that,” Millie Rogers replies.
    “I’m happy to help. Will you want to keep the original style?”
    “No, that’s all right. I know the place could use some updating. There are just a few pieces I want to save. It’s the gardens I’m more concerned about. They were special to my great-grandmother and to me, so I really want to restore them.”
    “We can help with that too,” you assure her.
    “Can you? Oh, thank you! It’s a bigger project than I thought it would be.” She smiles again, relieved.
    “We can, and you’re very welcome. What’s your budget?”
    “Oh well, Great-gran was very wealthy, so I’ve $250,000 to spare for this project.”
    “That’s very generous. Do you have any color preferences?”
    Millie thinks for a minute. “Anything, so long as it’s not too dark.The original house had three bedrooms, and I’d like to keep that number. I don’t need much space since there’s just me.”
    “All right, we’ll keep that in mind.” You stand to walk her to the door, preparing to leave for the day yourself.

The brief:
    Budget $250,000 including lot cost.
    Lot size: 30x20 or larger.
    At least three bedrooms and one bath.
    Include a kitchen, living room, dining room, and whatever other rooms your budget allows.
    Landscape: Include lots of flowers.
    Pick at least three heirlooms for Millie to display in her new home. Suggestions: grandfather clock, gramophone, globe.

Sim Challenge:
    Create Millie Rogers and show her enjoying her new home and garden. You can pick her traits, aspiration, likes, dislikes, and orientation.

Room challenge: Create Millie’s living room. Budget: $15,000.

Remember to include the entirely of the hashtag #bns167 or your entries will not be judged! The deadline for this challenge is Wednesday, November 30th, no later than 23:59:59 EST/New York time.[/left]
    GArBA5W.jpg
    If anyone has already read the brief, a small correction had been made. The budget is actually $250,000.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • mustanggrannymustanggranny Posts: 31 Member
    edited December 2022
    CHALLENGE #167 - Revival
    FORUM ID: mustanggranny
    ORIGIN ID: mustangslday
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Midtown Meadows
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A44C6F735A5B11ED8666F0B1A11A51A4?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=mustangslday&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $3,000
    GALLERY COST: $88,608
    TOTAL COST: $91,608
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/iw23KG2
    ENTRY DETAILS: Millicent "Millie" Rogers inherited her great-grandmother's estate, which was in desperate need of repairs. She hired a local contractor to restore it to the beauty it was before. Features a 3 bedroom, 1 bath, with a lovely sunroom, private office, and a special garden to remember her great-grandmother. She kept a few items from the estate, a desk, grandfather clock, bookcase, and she had the kitchen stove and refrigerator restored to new.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Post edited by mustanggranny on
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    CHALLENGE #167 - Revival
    FORUM ID: mustanggranny
    ORIGIN ID: mustangslday
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Midtown Meadows
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A44C6F735A5B11ED8666F0B1A11A51A4?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=mustangslday&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $3,000
    GALLERY COST: $88,608
    TOTAL COST: $91,608
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.110228168558817&type=3
    ENTRY DETAILS: Millicent "Millie" Rogers inherited her great-grandmother's estate, which was in desperate need of repairs. She hired a local contractor to restore it to the beauty it was before. Features a 3 bedroom, 1 bath, with a lovely sunroom, private office, and a special garden to remember her great-grandmother. She kept a few items from the estate, a desk, grandfather clock, bookcase, and she had the kitchen stove and refrigerator restored to new.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top