Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Ishizusv wrote: »
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #115 - Man Cave
    FORUM ID: Ishizusv
    ORIGIN ID: Ishizusv
    LEVEL:
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/97270233487411E987417E6A61392AEA
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://ishizusv-thesims.tumblr.com/post/183511790726/bns115sim
    ENTRY DETAILS: A guy that has the perfect presentation, impecable clothes and hair... But appareances can deceive because deep inside all that he wants is a life in the wild
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure, why not.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    TWITTER TAG: Ishizusv
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: None
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: Can't

• lionpawslionpaws Posts: 431 Member
    edited March 2019
    @Cerrydd and @BuildnShare :Thanks for the info :) .
    I had so much money left that I built something instead of using the fishing hole.
    It's good to know though, that I can use it in other uploads.

@SheriGR thanks for the link :)
  • lionpawslionpaws Posts: 431 Member

FORUM ID:lionpaws
    ORIGIN ID:lionpaws
    LEVEL: Established

LOT:https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/66002D4548AB11E982A2795DCB646EBF?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=lionpaws&max=50&maxis=false

LOT COST: $3,500
    LOT NAME: Caveman's Dream (Dusty Turf - Oasis Springs)
    GALLERY COST: $65.362
    TOTAL COST: $68.862

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/CNRNMXO

ENTRY DETAILS: Mr. Nean should be able to live in this cave almost self sufficient.
    The entrance to the cave lies behind a swimable fishpond, a half cave with a hole in the top, to use as space for a fire pit. The stairs lead down into the kitchen area, which the game sees as outdoor space, but it has roofs, so there should no rain or snow get inside. During play testing I added a stove, which could be removed if you like to have a more real stone-age feeling. I used pane-less windows and some arches, which in game act as normal windows and doors.
    The living room is connected to a small sunken garden with some planting pots (self made).
    There are two fireplaces, one in the bedroom, and another in the living room.
    No electrical lights throughout the lot.
    For skill building we have a workbench, a guitar (self made), a chess table, an easel, a bookcase, small mirror.
    Also outside there is a born fire (fun and dancing skill) and a yoga mat, the fishing pond of course.
    The toilet is also self made.
    Since we live in modern times even Sims laws call for fire protection, so I added a fire alarm in every room (I placed them over the doors, easy to remove for stone-age experience.)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC used

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

m6eeQJA.jpg

DLWnmag.jpg
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @MACDesign All of the results from the Love Shack Challenge have been posted. Here's the links for you. :)

Starting Out
    Established
    Expert
    Master
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • meowcatmeowkittymeowcatmeowkitty Posts: 85 Member
    I have a question: For the sim contest, would it be okay to include a pet in the household, or should it be only the sim on his own?
    I build stuff and I'm always open for constructive criticism, so feel free to do that
    FORUM ID: meowcatmeowkitty
    ORIGIN ID: kroganbaby
    LEVEL:
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1EA2F3D248DF11E98156048C513C46C4
    LOT COST: 3500
    LOT NAME: 100 BCE Contemporary (Cacti Casa in Oasis Springs)
    GALLERY COST: 75966
    TOTAL COST: 79466
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/AHrwcw6
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    I decided to go with a more contemporary look- if by contemporary you mean 100 BCE instead of the Neolithic. From the Anasazi people of North America, to the Nabateans of the Arabian peninsula, to even some Medieval Europeans, people have been carving out dwellings in the sides of mountains for a very long time- some even still do it today! This lot is an homage to that long and varied history.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

I may regret this being my first entry ever in this contest, since it was pretty challenging and didn't quite turn out like I was envisioning it, but here goes nothing.
    I build stuff and I'm always open for constructive criticism, so feel free to do that
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    I have a question: For the sim contest, would it be okay to include a pet in the household, or should it be only the sim on his own?

That would be fine, @meowcatmeowkitty ! Who wouldn't love to have a pet? :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    iampes23 wrote: »
    So, as usual, this challenge has reminded me of one of the features I've long wished the Sims to have - being able to paint or do art without an easel or carving bench.

I know, "civilized" people use an easel or carving bench. :p I did it during art school. I have a Masters in art, and I still prefer to sit on the floor and work, with my work in my lap, the way our ancient ancestors did. :p

Come on, let's free our sims from the "proper" way of painting and carving! LOL

Rofl I was thinking at first you wanted to do cave paintings on the walls and ceilings, which would be totally awesome!!!!!!
    But your idea would be awesome, too--especially for kids!

I would LOVE to be able to custom paint on the walls/ceiling without one of those mural squares! I think that feature could add a lot, especially to kids' bedrooms. (I'm one of those weird parents who lets their kids draw on the wall of their room, so her room is covered in four-year-old drawings right now. It's cute, and she knows she's only allowed to draw in her own room, so it doesn't hurt anything.) Also...being able to paint a ceiling anything but white? ^^; The flat white is kind of ruining the cave-ness of my cave right now. XD
    Phew! I think I finally have stuff ready to start uploading and doing the write-up on. This one has been a ton of fun, and Nean's having the time of his life! I think I want to keep this lot in my permanent game, along with Nean - he's turning out to be an awesome sim with an awesome lot.

Here's a sneak peek of him cavemanning it up so much that stray dogs started wandering in to caveman it up with him. XD

aCQv2K1.jpg
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    Your picture looks great @SimsIslandheart I have an interest doing this challenge that I haven't done before and learn something from this I hope :#
    edited March 2019
    Phew! I think I finally have stuff ready to start uploading and doing the write-up on. This one has been a ton of fun, and Nean's having the time of his life! I think I want to keep this lot in my permanent game, along with Nean - he's turning out to be an awesome sim with an awesome lot.

Here's a sneak peek of him cavemanning it up so much that stray dogs started wandering in to caveman it up with him. XD

aCQv2K1.jpg

That is the best - love the stray dogs taking to his home and becoming man's best friend! <3
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Some great ideas so far--what a fun challenge! Great job everyone!
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    More questions about the Sim entry :

Can the Sim Nean Durtal be more than just a Normal Sim ?

I have some creative ideas for him...

Thanks
    Diane Pinkus
  • IshizusvIshizusv Posts: 16 Member
    I missed his first name and misnamed him orz
    chips46 wrote: »
    Your picture looks great @SimsIslandheart I have an interest doing this challenge that I haven't done before and learn something from this I hope :#

It's definitely worth it to experiment! I've been playing with the terrain tools since they were first added, but I still learned a lot about using them while doing this challenge. It was a ton of fun. <3
    More questions about the Sim entry :

Can the Sim Nean Durtal be more than just a Normal Sim ?

I have some creative ideas for him...

Thanks
    Diane Pinkus

Oooh - that's sounds interesting! The type of sim you make the client is totally up to you :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    FORUM ID: meowcatmeowkitty
    ORIGIN ID: kroganbaby
    LEVEL:
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FA61874C49A111E9878326975FCF53D6
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/ji3i8G0
    ENTRY DETAILS: Because I took inspiration from Petra, I decided to try and make Nean look like he could be from there. I definitely tried to make him look like someone you'd never suspect would live in a cave. He's a modern man who made his money in a business empire, while daydreaming about the days of ancient empires.

He wants to be the Leader of the Pack, because what's a king without an entourage?
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    everyday2.png

• IshizusvIshizusv Posts: 16 Member
    @meowcatmeowkitty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 he's handsome!
    Ishizusv wrote: »
    I missed his first name and misnamed him orz

Is his last name still Durtal? If you want, you can upload him with the correct first name, but that's not going to lose you points for our challenge. "Nean" can be his nickname - as in Orz "Nean" Durtal ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited March 2019
    TRiJN0E.png

Hello, lovely BnS participants - it takes a small army to keep BnS running, and we are currently in need of some more folks to help us out behind the scenes. We most need help in the areas below, and you can be considered to take on more than one role if you have the time. (Most of our current staff wear multiple hats!) If you have another idea other than those listed below of how you think you could help BnS maintain/grow our community, please let us know that as well. We are always open to new ideas!

Judges
    Starting Out Category (must enter in the Established or higher category to be considered) Filled
    Established Category (must enter in the Expert or higher category to be considered)

Social Media
    Facebook manager Filled
    Tumblr manager

Challenges
    Challenge writer (s) Filled
    Hawthorne Sims Challenge manager

If you are interested in helping us keep this long-running challenge rolling along in any way, please PM @BuildnShare for more information about time requirements and other specifics.

Thanks, and happy building! :)

We are still looking for people to fill a few of the roles above! Please send @BuildnShare a PM here on the forum if you're interested in joining the staff or have questions about what the roles entail :)

And please welcome the following new BnS staff members:

SioZH28.pngfAf43FZ.pngZCQT70e.png

@Allears joined us in February, but I don't think she ever got an official welcome ;)@SheriGR and @SimTresa are our brand new additions. Thanks to all our staff old and new who keep BnS running behind the scenes!

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: SimsIslandheart
    ORIGIN ID: SimsIslandheart
    LOT: Cave In
    LOT COST: $2000
    LOT NAME: Dachshund's Creek
    GALLERY COST: $77,338
    TOTAL COST: $79,338
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS115 - Man Cave
    ENTRY DETAILS: When it comes time to change houses, some sims want to take it back to the basics, and some sims want to take it back to the basics. This cave home is the lot for the latter – everything a sim needs to maintain a happy life but nothing in the way of overly-modern accessories. Everything a sim needs to survive and prosper - including food and recreation - can be found without ever leaving home or even putting on pants. Note: As with real caves, dogs might appear randomly to enjoy people who enjoy the cave lifestyle.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Any
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, MOO, in-game resizing
    TWITTER TAG: IslandheartArt
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    titlecard.jpg
    03-19-19_1-22-36-pm.png
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: SimsIslandheart
    ORIGIN ID: SimsIslandheart
    HOUSEHOLD: Nean Durtal
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS115 - Man Cave (Sim)
    ENTRY DETAILS: When the grind of modern life starts to take its toll, some sims might feel like they’d be better off in the Stone Age – and other sims make it happen. Nean took his dream to live in a cave as a Stone Age man seriously and set out to obtain his ideal abode. Once there, he found himself overjoyed with the simple life of simply living.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Any
    TWITTER TAG: IslandheartArt
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    titlecardnean.jpg
    03-19-19_1-31-22-pm.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    I’m so glad you reinforcements have arrived @BuildnShare good on you @Allears @SimTresa @SheriGR for pitching in. I had signed up to help with Quality Control and so far have only suggested one challenge and one more in the works. I get so busy but still do a little bit!
  • theafricansimtheafricansim Posts: 114 Member
    I have a question about the current challenge (115, mancave): are building cheats valid? I guess "moveobjects on is", but how about "bb.showhiddenobjects" to get cheap clutter etc? (I'm sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place)
    "The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another's, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises." Leo Buscaglia -
    d1FRKNs.jpg

I have a question about the current challenge (115, mancave): are building cheats valid? I guess "moveobjects on is", but how about "bb.showhiddenobjects" to get cheap clutter etc? (I'm sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place)

Absolutely! All cheats are fair game :)
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top