Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    edited June 2018
    ~ Question::SIM CHALLENGE: Create Mr. Lee and his wife, Daisy. (Daisy must be a ghost.)
    ~ What is Mr Lee's first name? @BuildnShare Sorry if you have stated it somewhere else. :blush:
    Post edited by aussiekarima on
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hi guys!

I already announced this to @BuildnShare on Twitter, but as some of you here are not on that platform I'll do a quick post here too. I know a few of you guys have been hoping I'd get the build done on time, but alas, the build got the better of me! I've decided to throw in the towel on the comp, but not the build :joy:

I had a set back where the game froze and I lost 2 hours of progress. That was also a mental blow.

As I was working on the landscaping I could feel myself stressing out. "Get it done! Just get something done!". Now that's where I had to stop myself. I know that when I reach that point, I am at a place where I will be rushing just to meet the deadline. That means the build will not be up to my normal standards. From what I have seen of the amazing entries so far, nothing less than my absolute best would cut it :heart:

So instead of stressing to get it done, I am going to take a break and a breath, and then finish this build in my own time :blush: I will do it justice, and make sure it is absolutely amazing!

Sorry again for not being able to meet the deadline BuildnShare. You were so unbelievable generous to give me extra time :heart:

Good luck to you all!

I'll be back another time. And maybe even make the deadline :joy:

EDIT: As a bonus, here's a little peak at how far I got :blush:
    U5tDoTH.png?1
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • audrhllaudrhll Posts: 22 Member
    audrhll wrote: »
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #96 A Truth Universally Acknowledged
    FORUM ID:audrhll
    ORIGIN ID:audrhll
    LEVEL: starting out- my first build, and my first time using imgur, uploading and linking stuff, etc. As you can see, there were still things I haven't figured out... help! :)
    LOT: Hartfield (in gallery under my ID name) I can't figure out how/where to link it here
    LOT COST:8500.00
    LOT NAME: Twin Oracle Point
    BUILD COST:491,499.00
    TOTAL COST: 499,999.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/9JKr7gB

ENTRY DETAILS: Going into this, I thought I had a pretty good grasp on the regency style, but I soon realized I was jumbling up quite a few different "literary time periods" in my mind.. E.M. Forster, Jane Austen, P.G. Wodehouse, John Fowles... However, I figured Jane is probably an anglophile at heart, and has room for more than just Jane Austen in her home :) Plus, I pictured her live-in nurse as a much younger, more modern girl, so I had to make her living space something that she would enjoy. Overall, I didn't want something too imposing- I wanted more of a country feel for Hartfield; something that might fit into a small village.. if Newcrest were to qualify as a small village.

I made the formal spaces on the first floor, and decided to give Jane a separate living space near the library and study. The modest amount of money" was inherited from her father, who was a bit of an eccentric, and quite a collector of "curiosities".. . which she also inherited. I imagine she'll spend quite a bit of time sneaking across the hall to filch books to read in bed, or to pore over some rare shell or piece of seaweed in the study.

The upstairs space is mostly for guest use... so, there are a few more TVs up there than you'll find on the first floor. There are still plenty of spaces for curling up with a good book, tho! And Beatrice, the nurse, is tickled pink with her mod cons... she's really more of a Stephen King fan, if she's going to be honest.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please!

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: This was hard.. I'm a big ol' softie for cc. But I limited myself to rugs and my garden pavers. I also used cc for the dress that Sara is wearing in the garden, but I didn't mention that, since she's really not part of the challenge.. I just wanted to make her! Both are from MTS, the floor pavers are are by Blackgryffin (old grassy floor pavement) and the rugs are from nafSims (Art Deco & Art Nouveau Rugs and Colors & Stripes Rugs) and BibiDoubleZero (Animal Rugs). Also, I used MOO and resizing throughout the build.

TWITTER TAG: I don't really twit.
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: I think I had one of those.. at some point long ago....
    TUMBLR LINK: umm.. yeah. not really.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: PRhsDgD.png yxUGTz7.png

Thanks @Cebu2cool for giving me the instructions on posting pictures! It was incredibly helpful with the big red arrows :) I went ahead and dropped in 2 pics from my build.. now, off to figure out a park for poor Mr. Lee....
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Wow, @Ninnster, that's a great build. I hope you'll still share it in the gallery when you're done.
    image.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    So sorry you didn't get to finish your build in time for the challenge @Ninnster, it looks amazing!!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2018
    5nd1sli.png

With that #BnS96 is now officially closed.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

I have a question @BuildnShare ,

The plants and flowers need to be harvestable ones or ornamental?

Thank you in advance :)
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited June 2018
    @TresaofPern I will of course be sharing it when it's completed yes! :blush: If you follow me on the gallery, or onTwitter, or my showcase here on the forums, then you will see it when it's ready :heart: I will be taking a little break from it right now, to start on a seasons build , but then I plan on getting back to it with fresh eyes!

@BuildnShare Thanks guys :blush: I don't mind personally, as my motivation is not winning the challenge, but trying new things, and a regency home struck me straight away as it is something I have yet to do. So thank you for that! I love this build very much :heart:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    ~ Question::SIM CHALLENGE: Create Mr. Lee and his wife, Daisy. (Daisy must be a ghost.)
    ~ What is Mr Lee's first name? @BuildnShare Sorry if you have stated it somewhere else. :blush:

@aussiekarima - up to you, it's not stated anywhere...
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    I have a question @BuildnShare ,

The plants and flowers need to be harvestable ones or ornamental?

Thank you in advance :)

Up to you entirely @AIRIS6962 ;)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    glenkatko wrote: »
    CHALLENGE #96 A Truth Universally Acknowledged
    FORUM ID: glenkatko
    ORIGIN ID: glenkatko
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Lost in Austen
    LOT COST: $3000
    LOT NAME: Optimist's Outlook (Newcrest)
    BUILD COST: $ 471,120
    TOTAL COST: $ 474,120
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/glenkatko/albums/72157697424982084/with/27916729247/
    ENTRY DETAILS: I have done a lot of building in Sims 3, but this is my first build in 4. (And probably my last, lol!)

I was drawn by the idea of the classic regency style. I did a lot of research and looked at lots of pictures online. I wanted to be as historically accurate as possible, within the limitations of the game. So my “bath” rooms are separated from the toilet rooms, which are mostly tucked away under staircases. And there are no modern conveniences in the kitchen or anywhere else.

My build is based on a terraced house, which is why there are no windows on either side. So the backyard garden is divided into two parts, the formal flower garden for relaxing and a separate vegetable and herb garden area which leads into the kitchen entrance.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none used
    TWITTER TAG: glenkatko
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: 27916848217_35cde2aa82_b.jpg1 by glenkatko, on Flickr

27916729247_a9d1822c95_b.jpg25 by glenkatko, on Flickr

aohhh that KITCHEN <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    edited June 2018
    CHALLENGE #97 A Garden for Daisy
    FORUM ID:audrhll
    ORIGIN ID:audrhll
    LEVEL: starting out
    LOT:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=AUDRHLL&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:NA
    LOT NAME: Catscratch Cottage
    BUILD COST:12,000
    TOTAL COST:12,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/bve5xr6
    ENTRY DETAILS: I had more fun with this than I should have.. originally I thought Daisy Lee had passed away peacefully in her sleep after a long and productive life.. But Rabid Rodent Fever was just too tempting!

Albert Lee (Bertie to his friends) is now the owner of a small garden in Brindleton Bay; down near the wharf, where they've lived ever since Bertie retired.. Who knew that rodents might be an issue? The garden has small water feature with a bridge path, leading to a picnic area, and a bench where Bertie and Daisy's ghost can sometimes be seen canoodling. There are also some gnome statues, to remind Daisy of her garden back home and a bird feeder where they can watch the birds.

The park seems to be a big success; I had trouble taking pictures on their first visit- several townsfolk wanted to get in the picture, too!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none; MOO and resizing.
    TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:5Ovj1QS.png Lifqw5L.png
    Post edited by audrhll on
  • itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited June 2018
    FORUM ID: itguyinsc
    ORIGIN ID: itguyinsc
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9C215154716811E88DA1F1359BEDD2DD?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=itguyinsc&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: donated by Mr. Lee
    LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby
    BUILD COST: $10,496
    TOTAL COST: $11.996
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/qSq7XZg
    ENTRY DETAILS:

<3...He Loves Me!

<3When Daisy left this world her beloved was grief stricken. To honor her memory & ease his pain, he donated this lot for a garden dedicated to her. The petal shaped fountains echo "he loves me, he loves me not"&.of course, HE LOVES HER! Enjoy an abundance of blooms. He's dedicated a special rock to place fresh daisy cuttings each day. In addition to the lot, Mr. Lee donated their family picnic table. It's worn and faded but holds years of memories. Here he can sit as he and Daisy have done before and enjoy the park/garden. <3

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: of course
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: MOO, enlarged items

B1YoBkc.png?1

NvJx8iP.png?2
    Post edited by itguyinsc on
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • trashdockatrashdocka Posts: 142 Member
    FORUM ID: trashdocka
    ORIGIN ID: Sekyria
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Here!
    LOT COST: donated by Mr. Lee
    LOT NAME: Ancient ruins
    BUILD COST: 12 000
    TOTAL COST: 12 000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/NwJn4Ad
    ENTRY DETAILS: A beautiful little garden full of memories and love to honor Daisys memory! Placed right by the ancient ruins in Windenburg it really gets that romantic vibe. <3:wink:
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc
    CHEfSPw.png
    6nBwEK2.png
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    LOL I got mine ALL done and then came in to check the brief once more .. LOL man did I make a mess of it ... the lot was too huge and I had gone over budget by 8,000 LOL Now to chose what goes and what stays.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Cebu2coolCebu2cool Posts: 46 Member
    edited June 2018
    Things I Learned...Terrain Paint doesn't transfer from a larger lot to a smaller lot. (If it can I have no clue how)

I wanted my Lot to be a park and to be on a 20x20 lot in Windenburg. I was going to "fake" it by just building a 20x15 and filling the rest with CC stone tiles that look like the surrounding area.

ls61ahj.jpg

I then thought "Well that's not a proper build for the challenge" so I took my mostly finished build and moved it to a lot in Newcrest.
    Ooops terrain paint disappeared.

Vlh0IIt.jpg

Well I gave up trying to remake it in Newcrest. Also I still wanted the vibe of ruins that my first lot had. So like Trashdocka I chose Ancient ruins. Downside is I can't figure how to change the lot to Park (game says no can do)

I would like to keep the CC I have that makes it a park even if it won't be. How do I share the build with a link here? Since the Gallery won't show it on the official web page I have no clue how .
    I mistakenly thought I could save to the gallery since others apparently can, but it seems to be permanently stuck trying. I'm likely going to have to reboot my laptop to get it unstuck, which means losing a lot of work. Not sure I want to start over, so I might just skip this challenge.
    image.png
    edited June 2018
    I mistakenly thought I could save to the gallery since others apparently can, but it seems to be permanently stuck trying. I'm likely going to have to reboot my laptop to get it unstuck, which means losing a lot of work. Not sure I want to start over, so I might just skip this challenge.
    @TresaofPern I'm not sure if it's the same thing I am experiencing, but I can't access the gallery at all. Just save your work offline if you can. Hang in there. I'm sure it will be working sooner or later. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Cebu2coolCebu2cool Posts: 46 Member
    I'm seeing all sorts of Tweets from folks with Gallery issues. Best theory is there are changes being made to get it ready for Seasons. I'm beginning to think the builds made either after the game or patch drops might be very different.
    @itguyinsc, it turns out I did have a recent enough save not to lose anything, so I was able to reopen the game and save to my library.
    image.png
    @itguyinsc, it turns out I did have a recent enough save not to lose anything, so I was able to reopen the game and save to my library.

Glad you didn't lose anything!
    wB2Zykl.jpg

itguyinsc wrote: »
    Glad you didn't lose anything!

Me too. In fact, I noticed a couple things that needed moving around. Going to wait for the flowers to bloom before sharing.
    image.png
    Cebu2cool wrote: »
    I would like to keep the CC I have that makes it a park even if it won't be. How do I share the build with a link here? Since the Gallery won't show it on the official web page I have no clue how .

You can either share the tray files or use the Facebook or Twitter share option and get a link that way.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    FORUM ID:jojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID:jojoMOMSTER
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT:Lees' Daisies
    LOT COST:3500
    LOT NAME:Raffia Quinta
    BUILD COST:8467
    TOTAL COST: 11967
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Lees are have been known and loved neighbors in Parched Prospect for a very long time. Mr Lee is so pleased to have a memorial garden across the street from his home. He is pretty sure a lawn bowling turf will be right up Daisies friends alley.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none used
    TWITTER TAG: no
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: no thanks
    TUMBLR LINK: no
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

vWYMUG7.png
    OVmeviZ.png
    edited June 2018
    Wow - some awesome parks are coming in!!
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top