Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited June 2018
    @jacallon - No problems, I'll get that sorted for you now! We get that it takes time to get to know the ins and outs of all the different challenges, we're just happy that you stopped by to share what you created. If you need any more help, you know where we are :wink:

Edit: All fixed :kissing:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    Talea12345 wrote: »
    LEVEL: Not sure. This is the second time i've entered a challenge

@Talea12345 - if it's OK with you, we'll pop you into the Established category :)

Sure, no problem :)
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member

@BuildnShare is it permissible to have the study/library on an upper level? Otherwise the flow of my downstairs will not be right. Pretty please...
    [img][/img]h0oEKe1.jpg
    glen1974 wrote: »
    @BuildnShare is it permissible to have the study/library on an upper level? Otherwise the flow of my downstairs will not be right. Pretty please...

As we've said before @glen1974 - how you wish to interpret the brief is up to you...
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member
    glen1974 wrote: »

As we've said before @glen1974 - how you wish to interpret the brief is up to you...

Phew! Minor crisis averted, many thanks @BuildnShare
  • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    edited June 2018
    CHALLENGE #96 A Truth Universally Acknowledged
    FORUM ID: jhgkjhgkjh
    ORIGIN ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Barton Hall
    LOT COST: 3000
    LOT NAME: Coorinberg Cottage
    BUILD COST: 397.359
    TOTAL COST: 400.359
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/8t6lqga
    ENTRY DETAILS: Never was a Darcy and a "Pride and Predjudice" fan. I know, I am odd. But I was alwas more fascinated by "Sense and Sensebility". To me the characters are more witty and clever. So I tried to give Elinor and her sisters not Barton Cottage, but kind of "Barton Hall". The place they would have deserved...
    I tried to be as close to a regency house as I could floorplanwise. So I added a servants staircase with a direct door to Ms Moores abth, just in case she needs the sudden help of her nurse - apart from that I stick to a cream - red colorscheme except for the bedrooms which I colored in a brighter variety but still I tried to include splashes of red.
    I took as many pictures as I could, but I forgot two bathrooms on the second floor and I couldn't manage to get decent shots of the other bedroom in the attic, well because.. it is in the attic and the camera glitches there but it is visible in the bird's eye view.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: nocc/no recolors, only moo mainly for the garden
    TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Barton Hall
    m8Xis3N.png
    The Drawing Room
    JkQdVwY.png
    Post edited by jhgkjhgkjh on
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
    edited June 2018
    bhaXpM1.png

ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS95 - We Need Some Space

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: itguyinsc
    ORIGIN ID: itguyinsc
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/17668ABE6ABC11E8835F11D77608EF1A?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=itguyinsc&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $12,000
    LOT NAME: Hound's Head
    BUILD COST: $487,977
    TOTAL COST: $499,977
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/ea9dqSA
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    If you dream of living in a Jane Austen novel, this home is for you! Grand 3 story foyer, formal dining, parlor, sitting room, drawing room, study and 6 bedroom suites! There is a basement kitchen to reflect the period built inspired by Chatsworth House where Pride and Prejudice was filmed. Enjoy amazing gardens with life size chess, reflecting pool, fountains and lush flowers throughout. For romantic evenings, you can dine in the gazebo overlooking the ocean. Separate service entrance and service hallways to main floor.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: of course
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a, used MOO and resizing throughout build

SPACE FOR PICTURES: vGpMZvG.png?1

Three story foyer

2SU8W9M.png

wB2Zykl.jpg
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    @BuildnShare My heart goes out to you and all the judges.. every build is always so unique and amazing in its own sense.. I cannot even begin to imagine how hard it must be to judge and review any of them.. I absolutely LOVE every entry.. every time!
    285JXDb.jpg
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    itguyinsc wrote: »
    FORUM ID: itguyinsc
    ORIGIN ID: itguyinsc
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/17668ABE6ABC11E8835F11D77608EF1A?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=itguyinsc&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $12,000
    LOT NAME: Hound's Head
    BUILD COST: $487,977
    TOTAL COST: $499,977
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/ea9dqSA
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    If you dream of living in a Jane Austen novel, this home is for you! Grand 3 story foyer, formal dining, parlor, sitting room, drawing room, study and 6 bedroom suites! There is a basement kitchen to reflect the period built inspired by Chatsworth House where Pride and Prejudice was filmed. Enjoy amazing gardens with life size chess, reflecting pool, fountains and lush flowers throughout. For romantic evenings, you can dine in the gazebo overlooking the ocean. Separate service entrance and service hallways to main floor.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: of course
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a, used MOO and resizing throughout build

SPACE FOR PICTURES: vGpMZvG.png?1

Three story foyer

2SU8W9M.png

OHHH MYYY <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    OHH I was all excited to be done and under budget ... til I saw all the fab entries ... WHOA I am def outta my league here! BUT I am done and getting ready to shoot!!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    jhgkjhgkjh wrote: »
    FORUM ID: jhgkjhgkjh
    ORIGIN ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Barton Hall
    LOT COST: 3000
    LOT NAME: Coorinberg Cottage
    BUILD COST: 397.359
    TOTAL COST: 400.359
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/8t6lqga
    ENTRY DETAILS: Never was a Darcy and a "Pride and Predjudice" fan. I know, I am odd. But I was alwas more fascinated by "Sense and Sensebility". To me the characters are more witty and clever. So I tried to give Elinor and her sisters not Barton Cottage, but kind of "Barton Hall". The place they would have deserved...
    I tried to be as close to a regency house as I could floorplanwise. So I added a servants staircase with a direct door to Ms Moores abth, just in case she needs the sudden help of her nurse - apart from that I stick to a cream - red colorscheme except for the bedrooms which I colored in a brighter variety but still I tried to include splashes of red.
    I took as many pictures as I could, but I forgot two bathrooms on the second floor and I couldn't manage to get decent shots of the other bedroom in the attic, well because.. it is in the attic and the camera glitches there but it is visible in the bird's eye view.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: nocc/no recolors, only moo mainly for the garden
    TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Barton Hall
    m8Xis3N.png
    The Drawing Room
    JkQdVwY.png

<3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Nothing678Nothing678 Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2018
    I have a dumb question. :) Is it compulsory too have separate bathrooms & lavatory facilities? Maybe it was different in the USA but in Britain regency houses did not have bathrooms or loos indoors except in very rare instances. Normally there was a water closet outside if you were lucky & chamber pots in the bedroom. You washed in your room
    Or is this meant to be a fantasy version of a regency house?
  • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    edited June 2018
    Nothing678 wrote: »
    I have a dumb question. :) Is it compulsory too have separate bathrooms & lavatory facilities? Maybe it was different in the USA but in Britain regency houses did not have bathrooms or loos indoors except in very rare instances. Normally there was a water closet outside if you were lucky & chamber pots in the bedroom. You washed in your room

No dumb questions. :)
    I guess these creations are all kind of fantasy builds due to the overwhelming amount of victorian furniture being used. ;) At least in my build.
    And when I browse the buy mode in Sims 4 there are not a lot of pieces I would consider "regency" or at least georgian, more "historic" in one way or the other...

As I understood, this should not be an exact replica (you couldn't do it either), but more your interpretiation of that era. The brief said "bathrooms and toilets", so I think as long as you have bathing facilities of some kind and toilets of some kind you are fine.

@lisabee2 Thanks! :)
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    Holy smokes! All of these builds are so impressive!!!
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
    Nothing678 wrote: »

@Nothing678 certainly not a dumb question (I am a fellow Brit!), choose to follow the brief however you wish sweetie!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2018
    @Nothing678 it is because our Sims cannot survive without certain things ie.. restrooms, kitchen stuff.. and sleep... but I understand the whole wash basin thing.. my old time relatives typically used sheds .. the woods out back... or outhouses (if they were lucky).. otherwise... it's all pretty much fantasy and trying to build something as per the Challenges listed... i suppose it's a mixture of reality and fantasy combined... the game does have plants that look like rose bushes which can be used as a toilet.. not sure which pack it is or if it's base game... They should seriously make a pack which has the things in it that go from way back time era... i'd buy it!... I can't wait to see your build!! and Have fun!!
    285JXDb.jpg
    edited June 2018
    Quick technical question .. would posting an album to my Sims FB page (public) count as a slideshow ?

Post edited by lisabee2 on
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Nothing678Nothing678 Posts: 51 Member
    jhgkjhgkjh wrote: »
    No dumb questions. :)
    I guess these creations are all kind of fantasy builds due to the overwhelming amount of victorian furniture being used. ;) At least in my build.
    And when I browse the buy mode in Sims 4 there are not a lot of pieces I would consider "regency" or at least georgian, more "historic" in one way or the other...
    As I understood, this should not be an exact replica (you couldn't do it either), but more your interpretiation of that era. The brief said "bathrooms and toilets", so I think as long as you have bathing facilities of some kind and toilets of some kind you are fine.
    @lisabee2 Thanks! :)
    @Nothing678 certainly not a dumb question (I am a fellow Brit!), choose to follow the brief however you wish sweetie!
    @Nothing678 it is because our Sims cannot survive without certain things ie.. restrooms, kitchen stuff.. and sleep... but I understand the whole wash basin thing.. my old time relatives typically used sheds .. the woods out back... or outhouses (if they were lucky).. otherwise... it's all pretty much fantasy and trying to build something as per the Challenges listed... i suppose it's a mixture of reality and fantasy combined... the game does have plants that look like rose bushes which can be used as a toilet.. not sure which pack it is or if it's base game... They should seriously make a pack which has the things in it that go from way back time era... i'd buy it!... I can't wait to see your build!! and Have fun!!

Thank you all so much. I thought I would get yelled at. :) And Mary Jane I second that. We need chamber pots, wash basins & jugs, & hip baths for the bedroom.
    I'm trying to work out how to do a Brighton Terrace type house. The ultimate in Regency considering how much time the feckless Prince Regent spent there. Don't think there is enough time though.
    dsc01151.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Well the round balcony could sort of be hinted at by using two flat rounded square decks flipped so their flat sides touch. I experimented with one for my house but decided I didn't like how it looked with steps.
    image.png
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    FORUM ID: wrathofcath
    ORIGIN ID: wrathofcath
    LOT: Austen Inspired Estate
    LOT COST: $10,000
    LOT NAME: Oakenstead
    BUILD COST: $487,845
    TOTAL COST: $497,845
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/QysidKW
    ENTRY DETAILS: This home is inspired by Belton House/Rosings Park, from Pride and Prejudice. My version has six bedrooms with attached baths, parlor, drawing room, sitting room, library/study, formal gardens, vegetable garden, pool, greenhouse, fishing pond and more. The basement kitchen is styled in the manner of those days.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

HkiEpPY.jpg

uooTcL6.png
    FORUM ID: wrathofcath
    ORIGIN ID: wrathofcath
    LOT: Austen Inspired Estate
    LOT COST: $10,000
    LOT NAME: Oakenstead
    BUILD COST: $487,845
    TOTAL COST: $497,845
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/QysidKW
    ENTRY DETAILS: This home is inspired by Belton House/Rosings Park, from Pride and Prejudice. My version has six bedrooms with attached baths, parlor, drawing room, sitting room, library/study, formal gardens, vegetable garden, pool, greenhouse, fishing pond and more. The basement kitchen is styled in the manner of those days.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

HkiEpPY.jpg

uooTcL6.png

Stunning!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited June 2018
    @BuildnShare Ok.. I'm gonna pull my entry off.. actually i already took it off... I believe my time era or the Regency type home was not on track.. it was a fun build and I will stick around to see all the entries... these here listed so far are AMAZING... WOW... so BEAUTIFUL!! Great Job everyone!!
    285JXDb.jpg
    HVCdrRO.png

ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR #BNS95 - We Need Some Space

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • audrhllaudrhll Posts: 22 Member
    I've been reading the build-n-share posts for quite some time, but have never joined; not sure what possessed me to jump in at this challenge. However, I've put in several very (very!) late nights, working on my first entry, and finally finished.. I think. ;)

I'm working on my photos now, and getting my entry form/ membership status all squared away.. even prepped for taking work off on Wednesday, if needed :D Just wanted to apologize in advance for what I'm sure will be many, many questions.... I never realized how much work this all is, and I'm even more impressed with everyone's builds now! So much creativity-- I'm still trying to figure out how "itguyinsc" did those rounded landings on the upper floors; I'm completely in awe!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top