Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    @Devilariah A really challenging build, it has to accommodate so many sims. I'm building standard size rooms, then I'll figure out how to put them together and make them look decent.
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #131 - Fostering the Future
    FORUM ID: Wendyology
    ORIGIN ID: Wendyology
    LEVEL: Established
    GALLERY COST: 23,157
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Pdj3kX0
    ENTRY DETAILS: My dining hall for "Fostering the Future." The kitchen is open to the rest of the room because teens need to learn how to cook the ingredients they've grown on the farm. Overall I've tried to balance sleek geometrics with a homey details.

Farm to Table - https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E97CE8260A1411EA814A342C8609C7AD

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Of course!

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    R5NzuPh.png

83yZwjH.png
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    wendyology wrote: »
    @Devilariah A really challenging build, it has to accommodate so many sims. I'm building standard size rooms, then I'll figure out how to put them together and make them look decent.

It is!
    But that also makes it so much fun, even though it's frustrating at times haha
    just thankfull the lot cost isn't included! lol
    Good luck =)
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Hi Friends! Though I have too much going on these days to be able to put the care and attention into the BnS caliber that I expect from myself, I am still lurking and adoring your creations on this thread. Love seeing what you come up with!
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Wonderful kitchen/Dining room @wendyology The different colored chairs make it look very farmhouse styled.
    @Taoron Thanks! The chairs have the extra benefit of being cheap!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    bhaXpM1.png

Attention EXPERT Entrants for #BnS127 - The Smell of Tea & Nutbread

Your results are now available HERE.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Oh my the budget is killing me on this one! So many rooms! I’ve gone for just teens and I’ve reached budget 4 times already..... and am thoroughly enjoying going back through to see what I can swap out 😊

Was looking back to see what’s been posted since I last looked and realised a post I wrote about the last Whimsyville builds isn’t there (think it’s when I post using my phone, noticed a few times things I thought I’d posted weren’t there. Or I’m losing th plot, also a viable explanation!) Anyway....

@wendyology i adore your giant TV! And then recreated inside, verrrrry nice!! Fab, simply fab!!!

@SimTresa you did such a great job with the huge castle, really well done on getting it all completed! Have to admit though that your back story and characters just eclipsed it.....your imagination is amazing, so impressed <3

@Devilariah Oh your cubes!!! I was always going to love something with so much colour, but so smoothly done and still Keeping the build so flowing (not sure that’s the right word?). I love it, so glad you finished!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    AliSim19 wrote: »
    Oh my the budget is killing me on this one! So many rooms! I’ve gone for just teens and I’ve reached budget 4 times already..... and am thoroughly enjoying going back through to see what I can swap out 😊

Was looking back to see what’s been posted since I last looked and realised a post I wrote about the last Whimsyville builds isn’t there (think it’s when I post using my phone, noticed a few times things I thought I’d posted weren’t there. Or I’m losing th plot, also a viable explanation!) Anyway....

@wendyology i adore your giant TV! And then recreated inside, verrrrry nice!! Fab, simply fab!!!

@SimTresa you did such a great job with the huge castle, really well done on getting it all completed! Have to admit though that your back story and characters just eclipsed it.....your imagination is amazing, so impressed <3

@Devilariah Oh your cubes!!! I was always going to love something with so much colour, but so smoothly done and still Keeping the build so flowing (not sure that’s the right word?). I love it, so glad you finished!

Thanks, @Alisim19. Not sure I'm going to take on a build that big again, at least not for a while.
    image.png
    @AliSim19 Thanks. The giant TV almost got the best of me. There is simply not enough 60's and 70's decor in the game to do such a big build! I know it's probably lower priority for most as it was a weird time for interiors, but still.
    edited November 2019
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Wendyology
    ORIGIN ID: Wendyology
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Von Windenberg Estate
    NEW LOT LINK: Courtyard Farms https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/10A708F20C1811EA88F8342C8609C7AD
    LOT COST: 13,500???
    GALLERY COST: 149,650
    TOTAL COST: 149,650 (since lot is donated.)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/kWmmvC4
    ENTRY DETAILS: Flavor text: "An accident involving a cauldron, a llama, and a wormhole generator destroyed the Von Windenberg Estate. The property was abandoned for several years and has now been repurposed as a farm camp and home for disadvantaged youths."

Architect's notes: This was built on a modular design, all student bedrooms are the same size. Student bathrooms alternate corners with faculty bedrooms, so the restroom should never be too far away. Restrooms are currently all gender. The layout is designed to encourage students to go out to the central courtyard, but they can also get to any point in the building and stay inside.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Of course!
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

O5hfQwh.png
    vFDYjiN.png
    Post edited by wendyology on
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Omgosshhh, i really dont wanna start over,, ive come so farrrr,, xD but the budget,,, its overrrrr,, sorry i just needed to share my frustration =)

Also WOW
    @wendyology that looks amazing! and so adorable yet, sturdy...?

You have revived my motivation :P
    @Devilariah This was my second attempt! I tried a two story on a smaller lot and it just wasn't working. It's a tight budget given how many rooms are needed.

I will take adorable yet sturdy! With kids and teenagers durability is 100% a concern.

Go forth and build!
  • HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to submit on time, but here's my exterior!

dQ9uxA6.png
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    > CHALLENGE #131: Fostering the Future

FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D9004C5A088311EA8E00F028EED69856?category=lots&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=BnS131&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: Youth Center BnS131
    GALLERY COST: 149,971
    BUILD COST: /

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    Part 1: http://imgur.com/gallery/1q0Ox3y
    Part 2: http://imgur.com/gallery/9MT3Kdp
    -> sorry about that, but it won't let me upload more than 30 pictures at a time.

DETAILS: Overall I am quite happy with this build. I wish I could have spend more on the rec room, but I kinda ran out of money 🙈 also really struggled with the grass / earth painting tool - think I painted the ground three times and every time I hit upload (to the gallery) all of it disappeared again... this build might be slightly cursed.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

SPACE FOR PICTURES: So many pictures to share! I hope these two give a feel for the build
    vjRHe1N.png
    NwT9MDF.png
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    edited November 2019
    @wendyology I love your courtyard! That is such a neat idea. Seeing how the bathroom stalls worked in your game made me want to buy the university pack...

@HIGHER_DESIGN that is a really cute outside. Love the sign! I hope you'll be able to finish

@Devilariah You can do it! I think all of us really struggled with the budget this time
    @Talea12345 I love how you distributed the buildings around the property, that central pond is gorgeous.
    edited November 2019
    FORUM ID: Alisim19
    ORIGIN ID: Aliana101
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Oakenstead, Willow Creek 50x50
    NEW LOT LINK: Oakenstead Farm
    LOT COST: n/a for this challenge
    GALLERY COST: 149,990
    TOTAL COST: 149,990
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Oakenstead Farm Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Wow this budget was tough! And so many rooms! Think I spent nearly as much time choosing which items I/they could do without as I did building haha (actual plants or leave them some weeding to do? Do they really need two stoves? Vending machines or not? And beautiful NoCC artwork very quickly got swapped out for beautiful NoCC photographs ). I visited this kind of residential centre with school and church many times as a child/teen and they were always kind of bare and basic, now I know why…… I started out by trying to get that same austere but fun feeling those childhood residentials had anyway, and the tight budgeting just made it that much easier!
    So welcome to Oakenstead Residential Farm, a youth camp where troubled teens can experience living a simple life, connecting with the earth and plants while learning some real life skills. Oakenstead Farm has it's own wind turbine to generate power for it's three separate buildings - the main Farmhouse plus two Dorm houses for teens on a residential stay, Cedar House and Willow House – and can teach students gardening, flower arranging, carpentry, herbalism, bonsai pruning plus essential life skills such as debate and discussion. A kitchen, a dining room, a rec room, 4 classrooms, an office, an equipment store, 18 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms with a total of 10 toilets.......oh and a shed!!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Fabulous NOCC art photos by @rosemow @Taoron @AlJay and @sparklili

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    MMAssdj.png
    9XcnBAB.png

FORUM ID: Taoron
    ORIGIN ID: Taoron24121
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Hound's Head
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/69F5E8530E2211EA8715BA891CD6F027
    LOT COST: N/A
    GALLERY COST: $148,896
    TOTAL COST: N/A
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/BoDZyuD
    ENTRY DETAILS: I'm with the rest of you. This was fairly tough for the budget and size, although I did have an easier time than with past challenges. My biggest enemy is my use of custom art which doesn't always register in the build and makes the price change when you log back in. In fact, I logged onto the lot just now and when I left it, after making sure everything was balanced out, I was $15 under budget. When I came back, it was more than $4k over budget. So, out of frustration, I just started deleting some things, to get back below budget. I hate that and now I'm a little shorter on decor than I wanted to be.

Anywho,...I did a single building on a single floor. The propert has a gate and fence on one side, naturally, and the ocean behind it. I wrapped the house and rear of the property in high fencing with razor wire and then covered it all in large bushes.

The front of the house has a large porch and upon entering, there is a full legth hallway going to each side wing and the foyer, which contains the 'Office' and Check-In area with 2 classrooms on each side of the Foyer, with 5 desks for students and a teacher's desk. Behind that is the cafeteria, with seating for up to 36. On the left of the Cafeteria is a good sized kitchen and on the right, the rec room, which has items for entertainment, crafting and other skills.

Each wing holds 5 double bedrooms for the students, with 2 communal bathrooms and a Master Suite for the adults, as well as a seating area in the 'lobby' of the Dorms, in each wing.

Head out back and there is a large farm for the harvest of all kinds of different fruits and vegetables for use on the farm, as well as for selling locally, at the markets, to help supplement the income of the Camp.. There is a large Gardening Shed for storage of farming implements as well as a Basketball Court and fishing pond, for the use of the Students, for recreation. You'll also find a water tower in the back, for supplying the water needed to keep the farm running.

I'm thrilled with the new Script that allows for respositioning and rotating items, to be able to place the Weeding tools in the the wheelbarrows and other spots, as well as standing the rakes and push brooms upright and lean them on the walls and other items.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Art by: Me, FruitLoops40 & juwels64

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

mJCX1lE.png
    DRb0Uzb.png
    @wendyology Wonderful build. The splashes of 'barn' red on the taller buildings really stands out nicely.

@HIGHER_DESIGN Looking really nice, so far.

@Talea12345 Really cool layout with the deperate buildings for different parts of the home. The buildings with the tin foors look great!

@AliSim19 Beatiful lot. Very nicely laid out and beatifully crafted buildings.

Everyone has done such a lovely job on these!
    @Taoron id just finished looking through Wendyology and Talea’s slideshows as you’ve posted this.....I’m going to check yours out too before commenting now but - what script?? That’s awesome, how did you do that? what did I miss?!
    edited November 2019
    AliSim19 wrote: »
    @Taoron id just finished looking through Wendyology and Talea’s slideshows as you’ve posted this.....I’m going to check yours out too before commenting now but - what script?? That’s awesome, how did you do that? what did I miss?!

Twisted Mexi's T.O.O.L script. (Takes Objects Off Lot) It allows you to freely rotate objects in any direction. I was working on a home with a 'drunk room' with the lighting on the floor and furniture on the ceiling, just to test it and get the hang of it. It really came in handy to be able to use all of the items that normally just lie there on the ground.

https://twistedmexi.com/Mods/
    Oh I do love looking how everyone else has interpreted that challenge!

@wendyology A great build and so many details that I love....starting with the whole courtyard farm concept, very nice! Excellent use of colour to individualise the build and dorm rooms, your dining hall is divine and the plant lab idea is so clever, that totally didn't occur to me <3:)

@HIGHER_DESIGN your build is so lovely, fingers crossed you find some time to finish!

@Talea12345 Having a seperate building for the classroom was an awesome choice - I've no idea how you got so much space out of the budget but I love it, I was squishing everything in! Think my fav bit is the little creek running through though, the kids will adore that :)

@Taoron You are clearly getting budgeting down to a fine art...another one where I'm astounded at what you've got in with so little funds! Your practise & expertise with big builds showing through too, the exterior is lovely & fitting all those rooms in is just so nicely done :) My fav in this build is your kitchen, soooo much detail with the live edit objects, although that immense garden is a close contender <3
    Twisted Mexi's T.O.O.L script. (Takes Objects Off Lot) It allows you to freely rotate objects in any direction. I was working on a home with a 'drunk room' with the lighting on the floor and furniture on the ceiling, just to test it and get the hang of it. It really came in handy to be able to use all of the items that normally just lie there on the ground.

https://twistedmexi.com/Mods/

Ooo, thanks for the pointer. Think I’ll have a play in the morning!
    @Taoron Thank you for your lovely comment btw, got so excited About the script I forgot my manners 😊

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top