Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EU preview event Lot "Stroopwafel huis"

LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
edited August 2014 in The Sims 4 Lots
I got invited by EA for the EU Preview event August 12th. I was there for Platinum Simmers (as I'm an author)
Though due to circumstances I brought my boyfriend along. And he build an awesome house in just the little time we had there. (I didn't get to build as much as I was busy finding other info haha).

So I wanted to share his house with you! I'm not sure if it will still be available in the Gallery when the game release but o well!
Of course I had to use the house in my article at Platinum Simmers
But he also got featured in Joystiq!. I'm having a proud moment!

Here is "Stroopwafel huis"

08-12-14_4-24nbspAM-2.jpg
08-12-14_4-24nbspAM.jpg

edit to place new links, because the images weren't showing
Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
Post edited by Lebanna on

Comments

• CaitarinaCaitarina Posts: 175 Member
    I love the house! great creation from your boyfriend. i read your article, it seems like even people with little build experience can make great looking houses, this makes me extremely happy :)

P.S. i also love 'Stroopwafels' :p

zy5wme.png
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    I can not see the pictures! Is it possible for you to repost?
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    @Caitarina Stroopwafels are awesome!! :) I had brought a pack to give to some SimGuru's. I knew some loved them too!
    And yes, I think especially with the styled rooms, it will be much easier for anyone to build (though I know he didn't use then, cause the house is unfurnished)

@Yanti68 thanks for the heads up! Don't know what happened since the originals are still there. But fixed it :)

WOW! That is a gorgeous house! You are very talented! Thanks for reposting.
    I wish I could say that was my build! But is was actually my boyfriend! He isn't even a Simmer and just shook that out of his sleeve! I was kind of jealous, as I am a builder and made a horrendous house haha (though I wanted to test features, didn't have enough time to test everything properly if I kept building)

• PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Tell him he did an awesome job! That house looks very cool. :D
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

Pallypoo wrote: »
    Tell him he did an awesome job! That house looks very cool. :D

Will do! I'm such a proud girlfriend haha!

• EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    @lebanna I love that house and I love that name. mmmm yum
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • tkbluebasketballtkbluebasketball Posts: 4,495 Member
    Oh way fun you both went to the event! And also great house your boyfriend made. Love the little glass bridge! :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    Your boyfriend's house looks very nice! :smile: Very nice exterior of it! The roofing looks great! It looks great the type of and how he has placed the windows! Thankyou for your very helpful, informative and interesting article on sims 4! The accompanying pictures to the article are nice to see . It is great that your boyfriend's house got featured in Joystiq too! :smile:
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    That's a really nifty looking house. I only wish I can be as creative with my houses in TS3 and TS4 when I get it.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
    Oh way fun you both went to the event! And also great house your boyfriend made. Love the little glass bridge! :)
    yes I was very lucky I could bring him along! But driving there alone wouldn't have been my preference (big city, different country, not really my thing) So I was really glad he could drive haha!

That's a really nifty looking house. I only wish I can be as creative with my houses in TS3 and TS4 when I get it.
    I think you will love the Sims 4 building tools! It's super easy even for someone who doesn't normally build as much. And if you struggle with creativity, try looking up neat houses on Google and try to recreate them. You learn all new things then, and slowely you start to think: Oh! this is neat, and if I combine it with this, it would be even better! And tada! Your own house! :)

rosemow wrote: »
    Your boyfriend's house looks very nice! :smile: Very nice exterior of it! The roofing looks great! It looks great the type of and how he has placed the windows! Thankyou for your very helpful, informative and interesting article on sims 4! The accompanying pictures to the article are nice to see . It is great that your boyfriend's house got featured in Joystiq too! :smile:
    I will pass your lovely compliments along to him! :)
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    @lebanna I love that house and I love that name. mmmm yum
    Mmmm! Don't you just love stroopwafels?! They are sooo yummy! Especially if you have a hot cup of cocoa or tea and warm them over them while you wait for the drink to cool down a little bit. Warm cookie and perfect warm/hot drink!

• Simbostic41Simbostic41 Posts: 17 New Member
    Very nice build on the house. All the detailing looks marvelous. 2 thumbs up to your boyfriend! :D
  • cutplyr7cutplyr7 Posts: 42 Member
    Wow, your boyfriend did a fantastic job! I'm really digging the little trailer behind his house also. I know that sounds crazy, but it actually looks like a trailer. It's cute in a "white trailer trash" way.
  • AunzaAunza Posts: 1,297 Member
    very nice - a positive, indeed
    Lebanna wrote: »
    I wish I could say that was my build! But is was actually my boyfriend! He isn't even a Simmer and just shook that out of his sleeve! I was kind of jealous, as I am a builder and made a horrendous house haha (though I wanted to test features, didn't have enough time to test everything properly if I kept building)

WOW! He did a very nice job! Nice to know that you guys play sims together. That must be fun!
    cutplyr7 wrote: »
    Wow, your boyfriend did a fantastic job! I'm really digging the little trailer behind his house also. I know that sounds crazy, but it actually looks like a trailer. It's cute in a "white trailer trash" way.

Yes! SimGuruGraham mentioned once different neighborhoods can have different 'feelings'/lot prices to them. So a low end side and a high end side so to speak. I didn't check out how it really works, but this neighborhood only had cheap houses on it :)

• SteamZaarinSteamZaarin Posts: 37 Member
    So awesome! I can't wait to try my hand at some Googie/Mid-century Modern designs like that! :D
  • boyinflorida21boyinflorida21 Posts: 477 Member
    Nice house
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Your boyfriend did an awesome job on that house. It is awesome, and says a lot about build mode and how even inexperienced players will be able to dive in and find building easy and fun! I can hardly wait for the next few weeks to go by so I can get my hands on the game and start playing with build mode myself. Thanks for sharing and I sure hope Stroopwafel huis will be on the exchange when the game releases :)
  • JustLiz87JustLiz87 Posts: 1,074 Member
    I read about this lot in the Joystiq article - that's so encouraging that even a new simmer can create such an awesome build. Great work! Looks awesome, can't wait to see if it is in the Gallery.
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    Your boyfriend did an awesome job on that house. It is awesome, and says a lot about build mode and how even inexperienced players will be able to dive in and find building easy and fun! I can hardly wait for the next few weeks to go by so I can get my hands on the game and start playing with build mode myself. Thanks for sharing and I sure hope Stroopwafel huis will be on the exchange when the game releases :)
    I hope it will still be on the exchange when the game is out! But I actually think it won't since we weren't logged in with our Origin accounts. They were random numbers/names. We will see in September :)

• lazouglazoug Posts: 75 Member
    It looks amazing! I'm glad to hear it's easy to build up. I always sucked in The Sims 3. All my houses looked the same. I look forward to testing the build mode in The Sims 4! :D
  • BenikariamuroBenikariamuro Posts: 40 Member
    edited August 2014
    Very modern, i'm liking it! Wouldn't mind living there myself haha, can't wait to try the bulding tools out ^^