Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So excited about building in Sims 4

AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
I admit, I was really bad at making lots in Sims 3. But I have watched so many of the building videos on youtube and building my own lots is actually one of the things I am most looking forward to in Sims 4.

I think I am also looking forward to seeing some of the lots built by some of my favourite builders from Sims 3. I can pretty much guarantee for example that I will have a copy of every single one of Chrill's lots. That man is genius.

Comments

• Options
    gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    I agree! I'm horribly inept, but I love building in Sims3, and they've made this look so exciting :D
  • Options
    CaitarinaCaitarina Posts: 175 Member
    i totally agree that they made build mode a lot more user friendly, love it :)
    zy5wme.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It is very exciting ! I am looking forward to seeing all the great builds that simmers will design, build and furnish! :smile: The building process sounds like it will be enjoyable and fun to do for everyone.
  • Options
    boyinflorida21boyinflorida21 Posts: 477 Member
    totally agree.
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    Yes! Im so excited to see what my favorite builders such as chrill, simssupply and curtis build in sims 4!! The cas and build modes are so amazing in sims 4, I cant wait to test it out for myself if I get it at christmas and seeing what everyone does in the actual game!!!
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    With all the new additions to build mode and the search function it will no longer take me a week to perfect my lots! (Which, by the way, can be found in my studio ;)). Or, perhaps the lack of terrain editing tools and pools will be what significantly shortens my build time... Either way I am genuinely excited to explore the new build mode for myself! :D
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    Ansett4SimsAnsett4Sims Posts: 75 Member
    I found The Sims 4 Build is fun but I do not care the pool is missing. But it will be so much fun... :)
  • Options
    I love the gallery. The only thing I fear is that for the first month after I get the game, I will spend the entire time searching the gallery for all the cool stuff. Already I have got a couple dozen sims saved for me to play. I have a Sheldon Cooper sim. I have Chrill's sim, although I probably won't play him but instead drop him into the town somewhere....

Can you do that? Like in Sims 3 just drop a sim into game and let the go without having to play them?

Hopefully once we get the full game there will be many more options to allow us to refine gallery searches. Sims by age and gender. Lots by size, bedrooms and so on. But still, there will be SO MUCH stuff to look through.....
  • Options
    Lucky25Lucky25 Posts: 544 Member
    I'm very excited too :D In Sims 3 I spent about 90% of my time building, and the new options look great, so much more potential :D
    ace46abf-17de-4ccb-b09d-2f869a1566dc_zpswzf3im24.jpg
  • Options
    PrincessFayth6PrincessFayth6 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Ashkevron wrote: »
    I love the gallery. The only thing I fear is that for the first month after I get the game, I will spend the entire time searching the gallery for all the cool stuff. Already I have got a couple dozen sims saved for me to play.

I've been doing the same! There are so many talented simmers out there! I am really bad at building in the Sims 3. I almost always downloaded the empty lots and decorated the insides. But I think the new build mode in the Sims 4 will be much easier to use and soon I'll be able to build houses that don't look like stacked shoe boxes. :D Do you guys think that someones already made a Britney Spears sim?
  • Options
    Yep I agree Princess. I sucked at buildings and decorating and usually took a premade sim. But I have several sims already made, on my own, that look really good and I would be happy to play them. I will of course use gallery lots, especially Chrillsims creations, but I am looking forward to building on my own now....I may not be great, but I at least feel confident I will be able to build something myself that I will be happy with.
  • Options
    Simbostic41Simbostic41 Posts: 17 New Member
    Chrill, Trecman, and Imoger are just a few of the most talented builders I know from S3. I myself, well, I think I do ok. But like you, I think I would be much more better with these new tools. Can't wait for the 2nd so I can try my hand and see what I come up with. Building houses is my first love about this game. An I say that because, how often (in the real world) do you get to build and decorate as many of the house of your dreams as you want? From shabby shiek, to reaks of moola! The possibilities are even more endless now for everone.
  • Options
    LavenderZayLavenderZay Posts: 710 Member
    Yes, build mode is one thing I love about TS4! I'm terrible at building, terrible. Sims 4's building will be totally user friendly.
  • Options
    Ashkevron wrote: »
    I love the gallery. The only thing I fear is that for the first month after I get the game, I will spend the entire time searching the gallery for all the cool stuff. Already I have got a couple dozen sims saved for me to play.

I've been doing the same! There are so many talented simmers out there! I am really bad at building in the Sims 3. I almost always downloaded the empty lots and decorated the insides. But I think the new build mode in the Sims 4 will be much easier to use and soon I'll be able to build houses that don't look like stacked shoe boxes. :D Do you guys think that someones already made a Britney Spears sim?

yep there are several Britney sims. I find it easier to search for specific sims using the hashtag option...under hashtag just start typing britney and then choose the britneyspears option, there are several VERY good Britney sims.
  • Options
    o0Mackie0oo0Mackie0o Posts: 22 Member
    I am looking forward to building my first house in The Sims 4, and the first house I want to build is a Victorian manse now that we can have high celling's in our homes.
  • Options
    boyinflorida21boyinflorida21 Posts: 477 Member
    I'm excited to.
  • Options
    CatherinelyynnCatherinelyynn Posts: 18 Member
    I'm most excited about that search feature. FINALLY! Back when TS3 was getting ready to come out, I designed a house on graph paper. I think I might do that again for TS4!
  • Options
    _Tavoris08__Tavoris08_ Posts: 187 Member
    I definitely can't wait to see how the new build tools work. I'm not great at building house but I am good. I hope to maybe remake some of the house I've built in the sims 3 and place them on my blog: sims3modernliving.blogspot.com
    Looking forward to sharing some awesome builds. :# I'll probably start my sim off with a simple house but stylish house.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    @Catherinelyynn - I am curious about the search feature too. That sure is going to make building less time consuming.