Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Grey Witches - A Magical Legacy

Comments

• Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Woo! New chapter. Awesome! Shasta is soooo much prettier than Maria. All the guys should flock around her.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @KevinL5275 She is beautiful, but she doesn't have a winning personality, now does she? ;) And I really think Maria's got the wiggling down pat... B)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @jillbg : good to hear that your daugther and you are recovering!!!!!! <3

Sorry to say, but my sympathy about Sashta´s death at the ceremony vanishes with every new update!
    She is so selfish! :s I really don´t understand why she still "cares" for Taiga, it would be better for both of them if she gave her away to a foster family! Good that Taiga was sent to granny later, it should have been much earlier! This poor little girl!

Great update!
    It seems as if Sashta doesn´t have the best company she could get, hm? I wonder when her friend will be sent out "to please men" by her boyfriend?!?! Or does she do this already as the last pic hints? I hope Sashta will stay out of this trouble for the sake of Taiga!!!

Looking forward for the next chapter, as always! :)
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    And I still love Taiga as a toddler... <3 Am I wrong that the witch in her already shown? Yeah, Shasta is definitely a horrible mom :s
  • Options
    jillbg wrote: »
    @KevinL5275 She is beautiful, but she doesn't have a winning personality, now does she? ;) And I really think Maria's got the wiggling down pat... B)

True, guys will go for the less pretty but easier girl over the hard-to-get girl most times. :D
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Great update to the story! Been kind of busy but I was lucky enough to find time to read your update. I'm really loving seeing the history that led up to Shasta leaving Taiga at Granny's doorstep. I can see some ways where Shasta isn't the worst mother but I can't believe she thought Taiga would learn to walk, talk, and potty without her assistance. She clearly doesn't know that you have to teach a kid to do those things.
  • Options
    It's been a while since the last chapter, but here goes The Grey Witches 02-54 Mirror, Mirror...

tgw02-54-14.jpg

Tagging : @Brandontaylor @KevinL5275 @Alleenmens @AlexaKry @bekkasan @Simsophonique @emorrill @lanlyn
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    @jillbg Great update! I'd been checking about every other week or so for updates so was pleasantly surprised when I saw the notification from you.
  • Options
    Awesome! So glad to see you writing again. :)

Its a wonder Taiga has survived as long as she has, with all this trouble she is getting into, and Shasta's lack of attention to her. :o

I love the pacifier detail.

I also love Shasta's photos, and her dress at the end. :)

Can't wait to see where this "date" is going.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Omg awesome! I've just finished cooking and eating dinner and am now going to sit with a coffee and read it ! YAY <3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @jillbg

Hey hey, what a nice surprise to see another chapter!
    this was a great one as per usual, your writing is super!
  • Options
    @Brandontaylor I'm so glad you're still checking in - I've been so terribly busy with real life that I haven't had time to write. But now hubbie is deployed (again) and I'm on winterbreak, so I hope getting another chapter done before school starts again :)

@KevinL5275 You bet the date went well ;) I've finished with the quickie flash-back, but Shasta moved in with Wild Jr and his dad, but a few years later, she left because of something really bad happening involving senior and Taïga. I'll get back to that later, just hang on :)

@Pary I'm glad I can add to the pleasure of a quiet cup of coffee!

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you, you praise is balm to my heart! I'm so glad you enjoyed it :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    Awesome! I really missed this... :blush:
  • Options
    @Alleenmens Thank you so much :) I really hope I'll be able to keep up writing over the next months. I have an important exam coming up, and I'm working hard for it... :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    @jillbg great story, I want to pick Shasta up and shake her. Cause some shaken narcissist syndrome. >:)
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    @ZhakiraP Go ahead and shake - I'm mentally doing it every time I write about her :) Love your unicorn, it's truly magical!
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    I love the story, but reading about Taiga's neglect makes me so sad. Her mother is so selfish and self centered. She can't even see how cute and adorable her baby is.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    @Pary I love your feedback :) I really had to go back in time to get a shot at Shasta being pregnant and struggling to get a better life, but mostly to get some background to why she abandoned her daughter so easily, leaving her with Granny. And mine is just a story, it breaks my heart when I hear about child abuse in RL. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to be parents :'(
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    It hurts my heart too :'(

I know it's just a story, but the way you write things though is very poignant, like the bit where Shasta looks over at her "ugly daughter" or when she fell into the pond and that guy saved her, but instead of being horrified about her baby being in danger of drowning, the first thing she asked was if the man was all right, and then didn't even want to take her daughter because she was covered in stagnant water.

It's things like that, that make me feel really sad for poor little Taiga. Her mother cares more about a strangers welfare than hers. It's these little nuances that give an insight ( to me anyway, that's how I interpret it ) into what a horrible, selfish woman her mother is, and how she was probably much better off being given away to Granny.
    I don't know why her mother didn't give her away in the first place.

Inspiring such emotions in your readers is the mark of wonderful writing :)
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    @Pary Thank you so much, it's very rewarding to know that I get through with the emotions I try to describe in writing.
    Shasta tried to get rid of her daughter, by "selling" her instead of adopting her away...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    New chapter is out!

The Grey Witches Part II - Chapter 55: Planning

Derek is back! Still in Africa, but up and about. He wants to go home, but everybody is avoiding the question...

tgw02-55-14.jpg

Tagging : @Pary @Silverofdreams30 @Brandontaylor @KevinL5275 @Alleenmens @AlexaKry @bekkasan @Simsophonique @emorrill @lanlyn
    Post edited by jillbg on
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    I just read this while eating lunch :D The bit about the pan & fried fish made me laugh. I can imagine how poor old Derek felt, being led away without his lovely fish, and having to see it held up like some disgusting menace. LOL
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    You've done a fantastic job capturing the villagers' mannerisms and individuality. Your story continues to leave me wanting more!! :mrgreen:

And I'm very curious what their secret is. :#
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Yay for another new chapter @jillbg ! :smiley: I'll have to read it slow and take breaks cause I've been having some headaches and dizzy spells lately... :( Hopefully I feel better from whatever this is soon!

I did take a quick peek and Derek is looking hot as usual. :love: Woo!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    @Pary I've had my share of daily African cuisine, which has lots of nice touches, but sometimes is hard to get used to. I remember when I asked our housekeeper to get fresh fish from the harbor. She came back with a barracuda, and promised she would cook it like her family always had done. She talked about the head, and having lived in the south of France for a couple of years, I thought she was talking about cooking it Bouillabaisse style, where you can use the head of the fish to cook up a sauce, that you add to the stew. Well, we had it served just like Derek found it - large chunks, the head and the fins, with scales nicely reflecting the light. Not so nice to eat, though. Just to say, I never asked her to cook fish again... Her stews with zebu were delicious, and a kind of curry with chicken and peanuts still makes my mouth water. But fufu? I guess I can survive without it! ;)

@KevinL5275 Glad you liked it, Kevin. The secret is going to be revealed, but not just yet... Hang in there :D

@emorrill I hope it's nothing serious, and that you'll get better with a lot of rest :) The chapter isn't going anywhere, and I'm glad Derek can get your spirits up :smiley:
    NymlADp.jpg