Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Business as Usual Bistro questions?

In my game's launcher under the whole store section of it, instead of the usual sims 4 propaganda, it was some random things about expansion packs and this one interesting store item; the Business as Usual Bistro. It looked like an open restaurant! I clicked on it and looked at it, it seemed like it was. So I took to the forums and saw a video and now I'm even more confused; people talk about owning the venue and working in it and asking how you collect profits and such.

My question is this; can you just plop it in your world (or build a restaurant) and visit it like a normal venue and go there to eat like in The Sims 2 or do you have to own and operate it and pay for it and such?

I searched the forums for answers and couldn't find any. Sorry if this is an old question for an old set!

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hey dude :D

I have the set and use it for my sims to visit and have a meal out. I have never had my sims own the Lot so don't really know how that works out.

A word of warning (or two) - sim children cannot use the menu and therefore cannot order food or dine with their parents. You don't need to own the restaurant to click on the till and hire chefs/choose the menu and quality available. But chefs have a habit of randomly disappearing halfway through their shift, to be replaced by another... and another...

If you are not averse to mods, there is a very good one available that was made to 'fix' the bistro - http://modthesims.info/d/513025
  • Dexx216Dexx216 Posts: 50 Member
    edited July 2014

My celebrity chef Sim owns the bistro and other than the initial set up she doesn't have to do anything other than wait until it's time to collect her profits from her computer at home.

Now, having said that, she does upgrade the place...add some art work, swap out lower valued furniture for higher value, add another over,set/change the menu etc.

I've found if I may my chefs the highest pay rate then they don't leave or call off so much...in fact in the time she's owned the restaurant I only got that notification once.

In a previous game I didn't pay the chefs that well and it was a non stop barrage of people calling off or leaving.

The one thing I don't like is the supernaturals who hang around just being a nuisance and the paparazzi will bug your Sims if they are celebs so I'm thinking of using the Barrier to Entry system for the upstairs and set it for celebrities of a certain level only.
  • TmG0486TmG0486 Posts: 38 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't like the fact that children can't dine with their parents or go on vacation with them. :!: :!:
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    In my game's launcher under the whole store section of it, instead of the usual sims 4 propaganda, it was some random things about expansion packs and this one interesting store item; the Business as Usual Bistro. It looked like an open restaurant! I clicked on it and looked at it, it seemed like it was. So I took to the forums and saw a video and now I'm even more confused; people talk about owning the venue and working in it and asking how you collect profits and such.

My question is this; can you just plop it in your world (or build a restaurant) and visit it like a normal venue and go there to eat like in The Sims 2 or do you have to own and operate it and pay for it and such?

I searched the forums for answers and couldn't find any. Sorry if this is an old question for an old set!

Hi! :D

I love the bistro! I went a bit crazy when we got it and made sooooooo many restaurants! :lol:

When you first place the venue you have to do a quick bit of setting up. You don't need to own the venue to do this. Just navigate to the venue, click on the oven and select the settings you want. You MUST 'hire a chef' and 'set the menu'. You also have the option to choose the chef's quality and opening hours of the venue.

I really like that we can set the menu. It means we can make themed restaurants. Want a seafood diner in Barnacle Bay? You got it! Want pizza and pasta in Monte Vista? You can do that too! :D

Like elanor pointed out, it can be a bit tricky getting your chef to stay 'on the job'. Also, children can't use it. I also recommend Ani's modded version, because it has enabled some nice improvements. :D