Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Crashing & Blue Screen of Death *Solved*

I don't know if the problem I'm having is due to my Sims 3 game or if it's a problem with my PC.

Today I downloaded and installed Lunar Lakes. Then I opened my saved game with my Sims in Oasis Landing. From Oasis Landing I had them return to the present (I don't remember which world they were in), and had them move to Lunar Lakes. During all of this my mouse was acting weird and freezing up. So I finally get them moved to Lunar Lakes and was looking over their new home when suddenly the game crashed and I got the blue screen of death. Mind you, I was not having this problem before.

So, I restart my computer and I ran my spyware and malware removal programs. I started my game, and I deleted the previously saved game and started fresh in Lunar Lakes. I never even made it to Oasis Landing as the game crashed again and I got the blue screen.

I don't use CC or mods in my game, although I have lots and sims from the exchange, but I check them with Custard (I know it doesn't catch everything). However, I haven't recently downloaded anything from the Exchange. The only thing new is Lunar Lakes. A couple of days ago I downloaded Lucky Palms but haven't played in it yet. Still, I didn't have this problem until today.

Also, after the first crash, my mouse was stuttering and freezing on my desktop as well, but it hadn't been doing that before the crash and blue screen.

Comments

• LittleLeotaLittleLeota Posts: 680 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well, I'm pretty sure my mouse issues are separate from my game crashing issues. I made sure it was plugged in properly and I still have trouble, plus the lights on it come on when I reboot my computer, but go off after a while. It's a pretty old mouse - A Razer Copperhead I bought around 2005 or 2006. Gonna try updating drivers and/or firmware. If that doesn't work, it's time for a new mouse.

As far as my Sims 3 game, I'm going to try opening and playing a different world and see if it still crashes to determine if it's something to do with Lunar Lakes or if it's something going on with the game as a whole.

I welcome any ideas or input, as well as hearing from simmers who've had a similar problem after downloading and installing a new world (at least new to them). Thanks!
    edited June 2014
    Okay, well, I played my legacy game in Sunset Valley for about an hour (much longer than I was able to play in Lunar Lakes) and my game did not crash once, and no bsod. So, I guess the next thing is to uninstall Lunar Lakes, clean out my caches and then reinstall it and see if it works, then I'll post an update.
    edited June 2014
    Good news. My husband helped me and determined that this has happened before to simmers and they, thankfully, had previously posted about this problem. It isn't store specific (has nothing to do with Lunar Lakes), so if any gurus want, this could be moved to the other tech forum.

Anyway, cleared my caches and used the launcher via my most recent expansion short-cut (in my case, Into the Future), rather than using the launcher via the TS3 desktop and/or start bar shortcut. So far it has worked! No crashing, no blue screen of death. :)

Still have to get a new mouse as updating drivers made no difference, but it was just one of those weird coincidences that I had both problems at the same time. It's cool though; I've had this mouse almost 10 years. I think it's time for a new one...a better one! :)