Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fencing! (No I don't mean fences)

With all the stuff we've been getting in the store lately, I'm thrilled that so much of it was on the list of features I wanted, and now I get to cross a whole lot of those off.

But there are still a couple of thing lefts for me to be truly satisfied with TS3. One of those is a fencing set/pc item where sims can go sword to sword almost like in medieval. I'm well aware that it would be a no fatality thing and to be honest as long as my sims can use swords I don't care if they can't die from it.

Normally, fencing (with proper gear) looks like this

fencers1.jpg

Of course the ensemble would probably come as CAS clothing so your sims could actually wear whatever (if they hail from dragon valley it may be especially entertaining). It'd be neat if you could choose between one/two hand styles, and whether or not to use a shield.

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yes I agree. That would be nice. I once dreamed sims could sword fight.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2014
    Fencing in the game? Hmmm, me think? Well, I actually do have two fencing foils in RL. Oh what am I kidding for? Oh heck yes, bring on the fencing please! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2014
    Really I'd like to see sword fighting without outfits using fake swords just as a sport.

• JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't know if the two games are compatible but if so EA already has sword fighting in sims medieval
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    edited June 2014
    I mean the programming.
    edited June 2014
    JACKIEJOY wrote:
    I don't know if the two games are compatible but if so EA already has sword fighting in sims medieval
    Those two games are not compatible, even though they are Sims based. :D
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited June 2014
    Good idea! :)
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited June 2014
    As an old fencer myself I would sooooo love this! Fencing SHOULD have been included in France in World Adventures like martial arts was in Shang Simla! I'd love to have an object that our Sims can learn fencing from and then fence with each other just as they can spar with the martial arts. This would be some fairly complex PC with a lot of animations though. I hope the Store Team is up to it!
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited June 2014
    I do fencing :thumbup:
    Good idea! I'd love this in game :)
  • trashbinsouvenirtrashbinsouvenir Posts: 412 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have always dreamed of learning to fence, but I've never seen or heard of a place anywhere near me, so what is sims for? Doing things I can't in real life! LOL So I am ALL for fencing in sims!!!
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
  • SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited June 2014
    I would want them in their medevil or Victorian clothes to fit the era.I was hoping they would have this in the dragon valley set as a art or hobby of the time at least.Hope we get it so we can add it to whatever world we choose.
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited June 2014
    You can see why I NEED this....

765bd8d0aa06847489524131c1adb050.jpg
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014
    this would be so cool... and fun..
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    As an old fencer myself I would sooooo love this! Fencing SHOULD have been included in France in World Adventures like martial arts was in Shang Simla! I'd love to have an object that our Sims can learn fencing from and then fence with each other just as they can spar with the martial arts. This would be some fairly complex PC with a lot of animations though. I hope the Store Team is up to it!

it could be 1 training "rug" and a dummy
    you can train alone on the dummy
    and you can spare/compete on the rug... just like they can compeed on the rockwall if 2 are next to each other.

or it could be a skill item (like the violine) that you have in your inventory + a training dummy

oh and the deco they could make with this set.....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'd like this idea but only if we can one sided fence with zombies. :twisted:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    YellowJane wrote:
    I do fencing :thumbup:
    Good idea! I'd love this in game :)

Lol, YJ, you have all the hobbies! Photography, fencing, foreign languages... :-)

SugarRave, I'd really love fencing PC :mrgreen:

You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited June 2014
    I would love this, I like anything that gives them more stuff to do and learn..
    edited June 2014
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    No! I'm out because that would take the fun out of the sport of fencing. There's no challenge in going up against an opponent that's much slower in fencing. :thumbdown:
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited June 2014
    I wanted a tribute to lightsabres for ITF SO FRIKKIN BADLY. :lol:

I wish sims could sword fence as a sport/athletic sport/martial art. It would have been PERFECT in WA. Rather than board breaking. I just use accessory swords and make my sims spar. :roll: :P :lol::lol:
  • MandyCandy77MandyCandy77 Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2014
    I love this idea.
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited June 2014
    I would love to have fencing in the game.

I've always wanted to learn how to fence since I was a child. I used to do ballet and at my ballet studio, a local fencing club would rent out space for their practice sessions.

It was neat to me as a child to watch everybody fence after my ballet class while I waited for my parents to arrive.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited June 2014
    sunman502 wrote:
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    No! I'm out because that would take the fun out of the sport of fencing. There's no challenge in going up against an opponent that's much slower in fencing. :thumbdown:

Sorry, my Walking Dead withdrawal is showing already. :oops:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    edited June 2014
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    sunman502 wrote:
    jcp011c2 wrote:

Sorry, my Walking Dead withdrawal is showing already. :oops:
    No worries jcp. We all want something so bad on here that we tend to forget the real issue about what we are asking for. Even I do that from time to time on here. :wink::D
  • AxelTaylor01AxelTaylor01 Posts: 389 Member
    edited June 2014
    I would LOVE this set! :D I've always wanted to learn fencing. I agree that this should have been put in World Adventures.