Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can Ex's Get Back Together?

My two sims were dating a while back (and they are still living in the same household with a bunch of other sims) and they still have the 'ex girlfriend/boyfriend status when they are talking. I have managed to get one of them to confess attraction, and the other sims accepted it, but it still says ex girlfriend/boyfriend rather than romantic interest. I think you have to ask to just be friends first, then confess attraction, but I don't have the option to do that anywhere. Could some one help me please? I really want to get them back together.

Comments

• Options
    JonnyDoATumblrJonnyDoATumblr Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    Could you just skip straight to the "propose going steady" stage when they find each other extremely irresistible?
  • Options
    SmidchSmidch Posts: 69 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Well it hasn't given me the option to do that, but I will keep trying
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited April 2014
    I have just tested this on a couple of sims that are exes. Keep doing romantic interactions, don't do any friendly ones, you need to do probably at least 12 or more. However, they DO have to be friends at full bar. You will get the go steady option eventually, but you might find that one of them has shacked up with another sim already so they will have to be asked to 'break up with' first.
  • Options
    SmidchSmidch Posts: 69 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Thank you! I will go and try it now :)
  • Options
    VickybiiVickybii Posts: 256 Member
    edited April 2014
    When you have 2 sims who are exes (ex boyfriend/husband/wife/girlfriend) I've always found you have to remove the ex status to be able to get them back in a relationship.

If you do enough friendly interactions, an option 'Ask to be just friends' should come up and this will remove the ex and make them friends. Then options for 'go steady' etc will come up again when you do enough romantic interactions.

I find that unless I make them not exes by making them friends again, the go steady option wont come up no matter how many romantic interactions I do.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited April 2014
    You don't have to do the interaction Ask to be Just Friends, it does make it easier. I have had exes get back together with each other, but it does take quite a few romantic interactions to get past the ex.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited April 2014
    Vickybii wrote:
    When you have 2 sims who are exes (ex boyfriend/husband/wife/girlfriend) I've always found you have to remove the ex status to be able to get them back in a relationship.

If you do enough friendly interactions, an option 'Ask to be just friends' should come up and this will remove the ex and make them friends. Then options for 'go steady' etc will come up again when you do enough romantic interactions.

I find that unless I make them not exes by making them friends again, the go steady option wont come up no matter how many romantic interactions I do.

This is how it is in my game, too. If I don't ask them to just be friends, they won't go to anything beyond exes (and I've even cheated and dragged their bar to enemies then back up and exes still showed) no matter how much romantic interactions I have them do. Also, sometimes the "ask to be friends" is under friendly and sometimes it's under mean. I don't know why my game picks and chooses, but that's what I've come across.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Caitlin_1Caitlin_1 Posts: 1 New Member
    what i had to do was click ctrl shift and c and type testingcheatsenabled true then you go on relationships and click on the ex and drag it to the end at the green it will still say ex but you can start flirting and eventually go back out
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Vickybii wrote:

This is how it is in my game, too. If I don't ask them to just be friends, they won't go to anything beyond exes (and I've even cheated and dragged their bar to enemies then back up and exes still showed) no matter how much romantic interactions I have them do. Also, sometimes the "ask to be friends" is under friendly and sometimes it's under mean. I don't know why my game picks and chooses, but that's what I've come across.

When they are going steady, "just be friends" is mean, and when they are exes "just be friends" is friendly.
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Caitlin_1 wrote: »
    what i had to do was click ctrl shift and c and type testingcheatsenabled true then you go on relationships and click on the ex and drag it to the end at the green it will still say ex but you can start flirting and eventually go back out

That never worked for me... 2 of my sims are exes for a really long time and their bar is green as it can be, they are practically best friends, but the exes status stays the same. (Unless I use "ask to just be friends").
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Whoa necro to the max! :open_mouth:

If you "ask to just be friends", it means just that - you're friends. You must rebuild the relationship from scratch (all over again). I myself never had the patience to try it out and just cheated by using NRaas Debug mod -

debug>relationship>set relationship> (whatever relation I wanted) :tongue:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    LordBOB7777LordBOB7777 Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anyone want to add me on sims im active everyday, unless my wifi goes, my username is LordBob7777
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    When they are going steady, "just be friends" is mean, and when they are exes "just be friends" is friendly.

This took me so long to figure out!

I had a couple just get to the "Going Steady" phase when one of them went and tried to repair a stereo on my say so, I looked away to the other Sim to do something else, he got shocked, then autonomously chose to continue repairs, got shocked again, and was killed. Being dead, he was automatically an ex-boyfriend.

But he was also now a Ghost Fairy, which was too awesome to pass up! But I wanted my witch to have a boyfriend, particularly a Ghost Fairy boyfriend, because how cool is that?

I tried everything! Waiting for time for the relationship to cool, sliders, cheats... everything BUT spamming "Friendly" interactions. Eventually worked it out by chance on some random other Sims who'd come home from Prom in a relationship I didn't want to maintain.

Got back to my broken couple, and worked it out. My Witch is still Brooding and a Loner, but that just makes a Ghost Fairy boyfriend make more sense. :D
  • Options
    Fireheart2010Fireheart2010 Posts: 148 Member
    Try using the testingcheatsenabled true cheat and drag the relationship bar up and that may help but not 100% sure
    peace_love_adopt_rectangular_sticker-r4646840974ac43558d16db15cbd53fcb_v9wxo_8byvr_307.jpg?rvtype=content

• Options
    Fireheart2010Fireheart2010 Posts: 148 Member
    > @Caitlin_1 said:
    > what i had to do was click ctrl shift and c and type testingcheatsenabled true then you go on relationships and click on the ex and drag it to the end at the green it will still say ex but you can start flirting and eventually go back out

So that does work then :smiley:
    peace_love_adopt_rectangular_sticker-r4646840974ac43558d16db15cbd53fcb_v9wxo_8byvr_307.jpg?rvtype=content

• Options
    megan_mariamegan_maria Posts: 645 Member
    Yep I've found that the easiest way to do this is to do enough friendly interactions that the "Ask to be friends" option comes up. From this you can start again as friends and then onto romantic interactions. I've found if you try to do loads of romantic interactions with an ex they usually get annoyed and 'creeped out'.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Closing Necro'd thread
    Necropost. Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top