Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tutorial: HOW TO create a humanoid looking PlumBot

I call them IBots btw. :)

original.jpg

1. Create a Plumbot

2. Select the Plumbot

3. Click on the Plumbot again. Now choose nraas -> MasterController -> advanced options -> Add Occult -> add the time traveler occult

4. Click on the Plumbot again. Now choose nraas -> MasterController -> pro options -> Edit in CAS

5. Edit the Plumbot as you like but do NOT CHANGE THE AGE OR THE GENDER! If you disdain this your Plumbot will get malformed beyond recognition!

6. Once you are satisfied with the looks of your Plumbot, save it as template. DO NOT SKIP THIS PART!

7. Leave CAS

8. Click on the Plumbot and choose nraas -> MasterController -> advanced options -> Remove Occult -> remove the time traveler occult.

9. Now look, your Plumbot is totally malformed but that doesn't matter. All we did until here was to create the template. Select another Sim (I mean make another Sim active).

10. Click on the malformed Plumbot and choose nraas -> MasterController -> pro options -> complete destruction -> agree to the warning message. The Plumbot should now be gone for good.

11. Now we come to the real thing! :) Create a Plumbot in the usual way with the bot making station and just choose from the template you have saved before. Oddly enough this template is a pure Plumbot (means no additional time traveller occult) but that's good for our purpose.

12. Done! Now you have a genuine human looking Plumbot without any corrupt data.

If you don't want to fiddle with it you can download an IBot couple (1 male, 1 female) here:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7932767
This space is for rent.

Comments

• Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited January 2014
    You can skip point 8. This is just to show you why we need to take this detour. You destroy that Plumbot/Time Traveller hybrid at point 10 anyway.

BTW part of this guide was taken from the MTS forum. However none of the procedures worked 100% for me so I did some trial and error until I found the right solution.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hah! I knew someone would find a way. :thumbup:

I'm doing a factory reset just to add NRAAS mods so I can experiment with this. Too much fun to resist! :D
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you Cyron43! I read the MTS forum that you linked to and thought it sounded odd, but I'm glad that I waited to try this. Your instructions make more sense to me. I will try it out later when I get into the game again.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thank you amjoie and Mylita. :)

In case someone is interested in having those Plumbots without the hassle of creating them:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7932767
    NOTE: Exporting Plumbots makes them always loose their trait chips. This is not due to this special creation but a general bug of the game.
    BTW: Does anyone know how to make the skin totally white?
    original.jpg
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks, Cyron. :D
    I will give converting Meaghan another shot. I've been too busy with stories and applying mods to Skyrim to update her.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited January 2014
    WAY COOL Cyron43 :D and recd and klept
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I have run into some real problems with this method, but before I get into that, for the English version, with the last release of Mastercontroller plus addons, your instructions should read like this:

1. Create a Plumbot

2. Select the Plumbot

3. Click on the Plumbot again. Now choose nraas -> MasterController -> intermediate options -> Occult Add -> add the time traveler occult

4. Click on the Plumbot again. Now choose nraas -> MasterController -> advanced options -> Edit in CAS

5. Edit the Plumbot as you like but do NOT CHANGE THE AGE OR THE GENDER! If you disdain this your Plumbot will get malformed beyond recognition!

6. Once you are satisfied with the looks of your Plumbot, save it as template. DO NOT SKIP THIS PART!

7. Leave CAS

8. Click on the Plumbot and choose nraas -> MasterController -> intermediate options -> Occult Remove -> remove the time traveler occult.

9. Now look, your Plumbot is totally malformed but that doesn't matter. All we did until here was to create the template. Select another Sim (I mean make another Sim active).

10. Click on the malformed Plumbot and choose nraas -> MasterController -> advanced options -> total annihilation -> agree to the warning message. The Plumbot should now be gone for good.

11. Now we come to the real thing!  Create a Plumbot in the usual way with the bot making station and just choose from the template you have saved before. Oddly enough this template is a pure Plumbot (means no additional time traveler occult) but that's good for our purpose.

12. Done! Now you have a genuine human looking Plumbot without any corrupt data.

Now, the problems.

No matter what I did in step nine and ten, when removing the time traveler occult, I did not get a malformed sim. So I don't know why we experienced something different with that step. However, it did remove it. Then I successfully deleted the temp bot, the way you instructed. Technically, once the template is saved in the bot CAS, it hardly matters what happens to that first bot, anyway, as long as it is removed from the game.

Anyway, carefully following all your instructions, I was able to make the humanoid Plumbot just fine. And as long as I stayed in the future where it was made, it stayed that way. But as soon as I traveled to the present, the humanoid Plumbot got human traits and motive bars (that did not fill normally, so the bot just kept making food, because it was hungry, but never ate the food). On some trips, it still walked like a bot and on some it walked like a human. I tried quite a few times to try to get this working, and never had success when taking a bot to the present.

But on the last try, after going to the present and having things mess up yet again, I decided to travel back to the future and sell it, because for that particular try, I had put the save into a game that had never had NRAAS mods, to see if running it without mods might make a difference. And when I got back to the future, it was a humanoid Plumbot again, like before I left the first time. What???

So that is very peculiar, that the humanoid Plumbot has to remain in the world it was created in, and changes when it leaves, but becomes a bot again when it returns.

I also noticed that the first time I had my sim open the bot traits in a brand new out of the egg humanoid Plumbot, my sim popped up dialog saying she had discovered the PLumbot had the Klepto, Genius, and Brave traits. I know from past experience that those are Time Traveler traits. But why they should be discoverable in a brand new right out of the egg Plumbot is beyond me. I thought the Time Traveler would be expunged once the template was saved in the bot CAS. But apparently not.

Also, you need to be careful which bot head is used for the template bot, because sometimes the bot eye decal shows up, superimposed on the humanoid bot's face, if the wrong head is used. It can look bizarre, depending on where the decal lands.

On several trips through the portal my bot lost trait chips. Sometimes it retained the traits, so that was also strange. I do not know why the failure to keep traits was so inconsistent.

All in all, the method outlined was very glitchy for me. I can't say I trust it wouldn't corrupt my game. Too many odd things were happening.

Soooo close to working, but ... not. :(

Did you actually try traveling back to the present with a humanoid bot? Did it work for you?

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Hi amjoie, thanks for the correction of the instructions. :)
    1. I did not travel to the future or the present with such a bot. I was so happy it worked I posted it here right away.

2. I don't know why the bot wasn't malformed at step 10 but anyway it contains corrupt data as it is an invalid hybrid.
    2a. I choose complete destruction because sometimes it happens that the game just removes the actual instance but puts a deleted Sim (or Plumbot in this case) into a resource pool if you just simply evict him from the household. So it may happen that one day you encounter a Sim walking along the street which you deleted some time ago (possibly with a different name).

3. After you created a Plumbot from the template go to nraas -> MasterController -> intermediate options -> Occult remove. Time traveler should read "off" in the list. If it is indeed off but you still get regular Sim trait readings - well that's beyond me.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Hi amjoie, thanks for the correction of the instructions. :)
    1. I did not travel to the future or the present with such a bot. I was so happy it worked I posted it here right away.

2. I don't know why the bot wasn't malformed at step 10 but anyway it contains corrupt data as it is an invalid hybrid.
    2a. I choose complete destruction because sometimes it happens that the game just removes the actual instance but puts a deleted Sim (or Plumbot in this case) into a resource pool if you just simply evict him from the household. So it may happen that one day you encounter a Sim walking along the street which you deleted some time ago (possibly with a different name).

3. After you created a Plumbot from the template go to nraas -> MasterController -> intermediate options -> Occult remove. Time traveler should read "off" in the list. If it is indeed off but you still get regular Sim trait readings - well that's beyond me.

My list would say true or false, rather than off or on. :)

Try traveling to the present, and see if it happens to you, as well. If it does, try traveling back to the future and see if it corrects itself. I'm really curious about it.

I worked on it for hours, yesterday, and finally had to give up for a while. But if you don't experience the same thing I did, then I might go back and try again. I would love to have a humanoid bot for DV.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I traveled to OL with Adam, Eve and their creator (John Retset). While Eve had regular Sim traits, Adam was okay.
    Then I created a second couple in OL and traveled back to the present.
    Both Adams are okay but both Eves are not. That's strange. The only thing different is that I didn't maximize the quality level before I saved her as template.
    I'm going to create Eve from scratch now with quality level maxed out before saving her as template. I'll report back.
    BTW that's the model I used for the IBots:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited January 2014
    Bookmarking. This is wonderful and I really want to try it; but I'll wait until the glitches in the process are ironed out as much as possible.

Thank you Cyron for your genius in figuring this out; and thank you Amjoie for testing it! I am excited by this!

I would really like to make a humanoid wife for my current sim.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    I traveled to OL with Adam, Eve and their creator (John Retset). While Eve had regular Sim traits, Adam was okay.
    Then I created a second couple in OL and traveled back to the present.
    Both Adams are okay but both Eves are not. That's strange. The only thing different is that I didn't maximize the quality level before I saved her as template.
    I'm going to create Eve from scratch now with quality level maxed out before saving her as template. I'll report back.
    BTW that's the model I used for the IBots:
    screenshot_original.jpg

My sim was female. I didn't make a male. Hmmmm. When I get a chance, here, I should try a male ....
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Maximizing the quality level before saving her as template didn't help.
    I suspect the time traveler occult. That's supposed to be for male Sims only.
    I'm going to try it with a different occult type now - hmm - I guess I take fairy this time.

EDIT: I tried everything I could think of but I don't get it fixed.
    So either don't travel with female IBots or forget the whole thing.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited January 2014
    Well, it's still better than nothing. At least we can make male humanoid plumbots that can travel; and humanoid plumbots of any gender that can stay in one place after creation. I wonder how this affects traveling to WA worlds, too.

I really DO appreciate your efforts, Cyron, and I will still try this. Thank you! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Maximizing the quality level before saving her as template didn't help.
    I suspect the time traveler occult. That's supposed to be for male Sims only.
    I'm going to try it with a different occult type now - hmm - I guess I take fairy this time.

EDIT: I tried everything I could think of but I don't get it fixed.
    So either don't travel with female IBots or forget the whole thing.

OK, guys, bad news. These humanoid bots, even the male ones, are not benign. I just found out, with only a male humanoid bot in a two person sim family, that I cannot buy bots in the bot store. The option to buy a bot is greyed out, and the blurb says that I cannot buy a bot because there are too many sims in my sim family.

I could buy a bot just before that, because I bought the one that I turned into the humanoid bot by modifying it with the existing template, in the store egg. Before I bought that bot, I had only two sims in the family. After I bought the bot, I had two sims and a normal bot. I could still buy another normal bot, if I wished. The option was live.

But after I customized the existing bot and turned it into the humanoid male bot in the store egg, the option to buy another normal bot was no longer available.

So going through this process seems to work for males, but it is actively messing with code and causing glitches in game play. Sigh. Such a disappointment.

BTW, when I made the male bot, and got to that step where things got malformed, I did see the malformation. I did not with the female, but I did with the male. And the male was able to travel back and forth without apparent harm. I sooooo thought I had a working bot for DV. I could cry.

I can't risk game corruption, though. So, I will say goodbye to this lovely dream.

But thank you, Cyron for sharing your discovery. It almost worked. (hugs)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thank you samiam662, that means a lot to me. *Hugs*

Amjoie, I have just successfully bought Plumbots for my tester household which consists of 1 regular Sim and 2 IBots. So your experience cannot be generalized.
    EDIT: I've just read another thread and that reminded me of a bug I have forgotten in the meantime because I use Twallan's mods and I don't face it anymore: Plumbots tend to change their appearance after going through the time portal. Remember? So are you testing with or w/o mods?
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Up with you, thread.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    TaikaJamppaTaikaJamppa Posts: 14 New Member
    I find it easier to have a p-bot love a sim, then visit Oasis Landing and find the descendant. 😉 Got one by accident, looks like human but definitely is a robot! Now if only I could change his clothes... 🤔
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there! It's awesome to hear your opinion on this, unfortunately this thread has been inactive since 2014 so I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top