March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suggestion for a possible venue

I've been hearing alot of excitement over the possibility of a bakery venue (still rumours at this point but sometimes these boards surprise me with their intuition lol)

Anyways if there are any plans for a bakery venue as the next project (assuming next week's release isn't just that lol), I'd like to submit this for inspiration. There was this cafe/bakery I used to go to all the time when I lived in Orillia called Mariposa market. Instead of just being a bakery, they also sell jams, candies (especially the old fashioned kinds)/chocolates, teas and fudge!

I'd like that kind of thing in a bakery-esque venue if it's possible, and the old rustic style of the building would probably have some builders drooling. Lots of shelves and displays for selling goods, but also a cafe area at the back with antiques hung on the walls, it's really rustic and charming looking :-)

But in any case, have a look at the storefront and interior design!

mariposa-market.png
full_1146867188.jpg
hero-explore.jpg
906179_10150383132904969_569040097_o.jpg
1506037_10150389490994969_1765951604_n.jpg

As for the kinds of things they sell, I've seen everything from cakes and cookies to candies and possibly some teas (the kind you get in the old fashioned tins/gift boxes) and it really inspired me because if I made a bakery I know I wouldn't be able to stop there! I'd probably be selling fudge and chocolates and, well stuff like this for example...

good-store-window.jpg
bakery_display.jpg
DiplomatBakery001-e1268776529478.jpg
bakery_case1.jpg
bakery1.jpg
First and foremost, CAKES and cookies (sugar, shortbread and gingerbread please!) and pies and tars and cupcakes! YUMMY! (It'd be especially epic if we could even buy new birthday/wedding cake designs using this set!
miette-old-fashioned-candy-shop1.jpgimage475x475.jpgcandy%20shop%20dessert%20table_%20Amy%20Atlas%20Events_%20Amy%20Atlas_Party%20Styling_Children%27s%20Parties_.jpgcandy-shop.jpg
P1010130.JPG
113244_lg.jpg
ellen-liebermann-assorted-colorful-hard-candy.jpg
[img]http://www.dolphinvillage.com/dolphinwp/wp-content/files_🐸🐸🐸🐸/1288187198_magicfields_prod_img_1_1.jpg[/img]
hard%20candy.jpg
Colourful, pretty candies in every kind of swirl and flavour (like ribbon candy, licorice allsorts, lemon/fruit drops, crystallized ginger and those chicken bone candies that are all shiny)...
IMG_0538.JPG
zbierka.jpg
Jams, honey and teas (those would be great for a tea set since they could be brewed and drank at home and it's a good gift idea if you're tired of sims getting random things like easels and light fixtures)
shop.png
Variety_of_fudge_at_a_shop.jpg
Rocky-Road-Fudge1.jpg
peppermint+fudge+%252812%2529.JPG
Chocolates, fudge, squares and.. you get the idea right?

Of course, if we got a bakery display for cakes and pastries and everything, that'd really make an awesome set!

20080201-Bakery-DisplayCases.JPGbakery_displays_1.jpg
10483799-wicker-baskets-sets-and-stands-fooddisplayuscom.jpg
cupcakes-H.jpg
Tea-and-Cake-London-Fleet-River-Bakery-Display.jpg

And of course, I'd welcome anyone to add onto this! I know some of you guys are just as excited as I am (if not for the bakery then to eat some sweets lol) :mrgreen:

Comments

• CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2014
    I love these pics! I like the idea of having the jams and sweets and other jars being single objects that are placeable on shelves, not just part of a huge shelf décor.
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited January 2014
    Yes there has been a lot of talk over a bakery. Who knows what they will come up with ;)
  • CSIMSIECSIMSIE Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited January 2014
    I have to say i love the idea! If this happens, i might just be forced to buy this :lol:

I love these pics! I like the idea of having the jams and sweets and other jars being single objects that are placeable on shelves, not just part of a huge shelf décor.

The KPST Pack came with some candy decor. Not that anyone likes the pack :lol:
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited January 2014
    I love it! Those pictures are perfect too!
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited January 2014
    Love it! Cinderelli you need to sic those cats on them! LOL of course there have been a lot of inspirational pics posted lately for a bakery venue so hopefully the gurus have taken notice :wink:
  • ChristGirl201ChristGirl201 Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited January 2014
    I have to be honest here, I wasn't drooling over the rustic style of the building, but all the SWEETS!! :lol::mrgreen:

It would be great to see this kind of venue, or any kind of bakery type venue from the sims 3 store team.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited January 2014
    If we get a bakery I hope they add a eat here with to the tables so our Sims can eat with unplayable dates at the same table.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited January 2014
    OMG, we Have to have this! :shock:

I never saw a place/bakery have ALL this at once!
    I was practically drooling before I finished seeing them all :cry:

I even forgot a few of those candies I haven't had them in sooo long!
    I miss some of them! :(
    I have such a weakness for fudge & creamy mousse cakes/pastries.
    I can't be near them! :lol:

The filled hard candies, sold most often holiday times, remind me of childhood incident:
    ...many yrs ago my mother had them stored in fridge from Christmas.
    Some time later, went to get a piece & it's a REALLY good things I didn't eat it.
    I looked closer (the colors? can't remember), it had a tiny worm thing in it! *insert green face* :lol:
    Ever since, I have been real careful with holiday candy, expiration dates, etc..& BEWARE of candy & sweets at discount & dollar stores!

This would be the sweetest set ever!!

:mrgreen: (sooo puny)
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,051 Member
    edited January 2014
    [/img]/Users/jennifersmith/Desktop/800px-Laduree-champselysees-interior.jpg[img][/img]
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett