Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roaring Heights Creation Sharing Thread (Updated 1/7/14)

Comments

• rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    edited December 2013
    Just a quick note to thank all our wonderful creators for generously sharing with us.

You all make my sims world much more beautiful and fun to play.
  • JEREMYSIMS01JEREMYSIMS01 Posts: 727 Member
    edited December 2013
    vonHentzau wrote:

All of these are amazing, but I especially love your showroom, Jeremy!

Thank you for your comment. :P
    Polysporin wrote:

JEREMYSIMS01
    Love the Vintage car shop, hope you get it uploaded. Clever idea.

Thank you! I'm still looking into the "failed to share" messages when I try to upload. I was able to save to my library file without any problems.

I love your Clover Club!
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited December 2013
    Classically Cool Car Garage and Showroom (No CC) - 4 station garage for working on cars, showroom and business offices.

Love it!
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited December 2013
    Classically Cool Car Garage and Showroom (No CC) - 4 station garage for working on cars, showroom and business offices.

I tried to post to exchange, but I got a Failed to Share message after hitting the share button in Edit Town mode. I'm not sure why - there is no CC. If I figure out what is wrong, I will try again to post.

Generally it means your lot name contains a character that you can't use in a Windows file name. Just delete the whole lot name and rename it to something similar without any punctuation.
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi!

I created a Sim specifically for Roaring Heights. Her name is Sadie Kellerman. She's a bit shy and a bit adventurous all at the same time. She recently moved to Roaring Heights to enjoy "the good life". She's trying to get up the nerve to ride the big coaster at the Boarwalk. Will she do it? Only you can decide.

Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7861370

Sadie_Kellerman_cover_zpsf40640a3.png

No custom content, no create-a-pattern. Verified with Custard. I tried to use mostly base game items and also the Boardwalk Attire set. Please recommend. Thanks!

Best Regards,
    Nik
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Cendres13Cendres13 Posts: 258 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm loving all these wonderful lots, thanks for sharing them. :) I'm going to attempt a toy store today unless someone beats me to it.

JEREMYSIMS01 I hope you can figure out the posting to exchange issue because I REALLY want your garage. lol
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm not a builder and I'm always amazed at the creativity that everyone has. Is it possible for our Sims to live in an apartment over a restaurant or business without using a mod? If so, has anyone built one for Roaring Heights? Can someone send instructions?

I was only able to do this by setting up the apartment lot (with shops), moving my sims to a different home and then having them purchase the apartment lot set as a "hangout". They can now "live" in the apartments, along with NPC's and the shops downstairs have NPC's working the registers etc. Sometimes they want to go to their main home but generally It works. (example here...http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7715563
  • NoirranNoirran Posts: 393 Member
    edited December 2013
    Small family home, this is the link to the forum post in the creative corner: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/729878.page#11603429

roof_up_original.jpg
  • PolysporinPolysporin Posts: 945 Member
    edited December 2013
    ladyolac
    the single panel door used in the clover club is from the Regency Arcade venue
    http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?scategoryId=13570&productId=OFB-SIM3:41089
    Thumbnail_200x200.png
    l3wu_original.jpg"width=300"

1paddywaddy
    your resort sounds like its going to be great

Sincerbox
    thanks for answering that for me. :) That venue has great stuff for the art deco theme.They fit right in.

JEREMYSIMS01
    Thank you. Any luck yet getting that car shop up. besides trying a different name sometime I will place a build on a different lot if its having trouble uploading, its work for me a least once.

Nik24X7
    Sadie Kellerman is super cute. I love the glasses

Noirran
    Your home is totally cute, great colors and love the little balcony.

• Ebonyspirit51Ebonyspirit51 Posts: 26 Member
    edited December 2013
    1PaddyWaddy and Karilyn Monroe2,thank you both. I appreciate your answers and Karilyn, I'm going to try following your suggestion.
  • vonHentzauvonHentzau Posts: 419 Member
    edited December 2013
    Thank you, Polysporin and DragonAge. The neon lights were indeed under Sculpture. I'm playing around with them, having a lot of fun!

Silly me, looking under "Lighting!" :roll:

Love the small family house, Noirran! I'd live there IRL, if I could.
  • shainakikyoushainakikyou Posts: 15 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi everyone!
    I got inspired on the photo of the fire station posted by MaryJos, so here's what I did :D Aside from a couple of things from the store, the lot is CC Free.

RH Fire Station
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7862454

Screenshot-45_zps0cefaab8.jpg
    Screenshot-42_zps49509519.jpg
    Screenshot-43_zps800c12dd.jpg
    Screenshot-44_zps2e51bd27.jpg

I placed it on 50 Rainbow Drive (30x20 lot)
    Hope you like it guys :mrgreen: Happy Holidays! :mrgreen:
    edited December 2013
    @Polysporin
    @Cendres13

Successfully loaded the Classically Cool Car Showroom to Exchange(CC Free):
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7862372

Car1_zps20e021e8.jpg

@bklienhart - It turned out my problem related to store content in my DCCache folder - for some reason the launcher was having a problem with one or more files. I read that others were able to fix the "failed to share" problem by renaming the lot as you suggested. I will keep that in mind also if I ever have the same problem again. Thanks for the tip.
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited December 2013
    fantastic showroom, Jeremy. :D
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited December 2013
    Omg, I fainted on most of the builds and sims that were posted.

Thank you for sharing everyone! Nothing makes me more happy than seeing other people's creations get shared for everyone to enjoy.

Will be updating as we speak.
  • MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited December 2013
    Lovely pictures everyone!
  • pinkorangespinkoranges Posts: 70 Member
    edited December 2013
  • LondonSimStarLondonSimStar Posts: 15
    edited December 2013
    Hey guys!

They weren't created for Roaring Heights but if you change their hair and add some white gloves then you're pretty much good to go.

(I've changed their stories a little from what I had originally posted)

Jeanette Mayberry

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7148619

jeanette-mayberry.png?w=580&h=435

Headshot and Swimwear

Jeanette is a very misunderstood woman with one hell of a past. After being diagnosed with a number of learning difficulties as a child and witnessing the deaths of her parents and her beloved grandmother, Jeanette was forced to make the best of what she had. Her beauty. Winner of every beauty pageant in the south and an outstanding student at the Mississimmi Finishing Institution, Jeanette has moved to Roaring Heights for a brand new start in a place that she could maybe call home.

Raven Ainsworth

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7393756

raven-ainsworth.png?w=580&h=435

Headshot and Nightwear

If Raven weren't such a shrewd business woman, her dramatic flare and stage presence would surely see her to the glitz and glam of the world's best stages. As a young girl she had wanted to travel to Paris and dance on stage at the Lido but now, she realises that with a degree behind her (and possibly a rich husband too) she can open her own clubs, her own executive lounges. She can bring more glitz and glam to her hometown and really light up the beach front. The world is her oyster but in a time dominated by men and rampant prohibition making her clubs dry as hell, biding her time and getting a good education is what will take her to new ROARING heights!

Flavia Novia-Fratelli

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7862797

flavia-novia-fratelli.png?w=580&h=435

Headshot and Everyday

Daughter of Ana-Francisca Fratelli

Flavia is pretty diva and has a real love for the water. Her parents always wanted her to work hard despite society telling her that she should find a good husband, settle and have children. But Flavia doesn't want to work hard like her mother does. She wants to kick back and really LIVE her life. That's why you'll find her lunching with the society ladies or relaxing on the beach thinking about her next trip abroad! Why should she lift a finger and risk dirtying her gloves? Did someone call for the butler!?

Enjoy!
  • MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi everyone!
    I got inspired on the photo of the fire station posted by MaryJos, so here's what I did :D Aside from a couple of things from the store, the lot is CC Free.

RH Fire Station
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7862454

Screenshot-45_zps0cefaab8.jpg
    Screenshot-42_zps49509519.jpg
    Screenshot-43_zps800c12dd.jpg
    Screenshot-44_zps2e51bd27.jpg

I placed it on 50 Rainbow Drive (30x20 lot)
    Hope you like it guys :mrgreen: Happy Holidays! :mrgreen:

THANK YOU !!!!!!! :):):):)
  • YunaAngelzzYunaAngelzz Posts: 23
    edited December 2013
    I got Roaring Heighs finally, Has anyone figured out how you build your own coaster yet?
    edited December 2013
    @BlkBarbiegal Thank you :P

Great builds everyone! :thumbup:
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
    edited December 2013
    Here is the Boardwalk with some premium items added.

Barrier to Entry System (I set the locks but townies do not seem to be purchasing tickets, they just go right through, not sure what's up with that?)

Ice Cream Maker
    Deep Fryer
    Coffee Maker

Savvy Seller gift shop

A new carousel with different spring riders.

Miscellaneous decor items.
    Giant mushrooms from the Alice in Wonderland set (if you have it cool, if not you probably won't notice since it's just decor)

Other than that there are not too many changes. sorry I didn't grab any pictures yet. Enjoy.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7862729

There is also a re-do of the community pool, it is more of a high end spa now.
    Also the Harbucks Household see description on my page and find them in my studio.
    Cheers.

• SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited December 2013
    With very minor alterations I was able to add a full sized basketball court to Bar-Bel's Gym in Roaring Heights. I called it The Hoops Gymnasium

Screenshot-9.jpg"height=300""width=300"

Screenshot-10-1.jpg"height=300""width=300"

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7863779

Origin ID: Barbara917
    edited December 2013
    I'm working on a dress shop and no matter what I tried I just cannot get the curved walls or windows to attach to an angled corner wall. I see others have done it. It just says "must be attached to a wall"...what am I doing wrong?
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited December 2013
    @Polysporin
    @Cendres13

Successfully loaded the Classically Cool Car Showroom to Exchange(CC Free):
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7862372

Car1_zps20e021e8.jpg

@bklienhart - It turned out my problem related to store content in my DCCache folder - for some reason the launcher was having a problem with one or more files. I read that others were able to fix the "failed to share" problem by renaming the lot as you suggested. I will keep that in mind also if I ever have the same problem again. Thanks for the tip.

Congratulations on this lot getting featured! It's very creative. I'm going to add the Savvy Seller parking space for the car in the showroom part in hopes that sims can then buy it. :-)

Oh! Edit to add that I love all the creations being shared in this thread and have downloaded and installed many of them for my RH game. Thank you for sharing them!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top