Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pregnancy Interactions

I thought I'd throw this out there now and avoid scrambling to get it added in an ep later. Once they start picking themes there's a whole lot of stuff that gets missed because it doesn't fit, and then you never know if/when your chance will come round again.

So my sim Lonna was pregnant recently and watching her autonomous interactions gave me ideas for some new features aside from getting someone else to feel her tummy, listen to or talk to it.

Ask for massage - When your sim has a backache (assuming that's a thing in TS4) she can ask someone to help her out and give her a back rub.
    Feel tummy - When you let a sim idle, sometimes she feels her own tummy. Maybe she feels a kick, maybe she just feels like it. Who knows? What's wrong with the player prompting her to do so? Maybe it'll affect her mood in some way?
    Talk to tummy - again, she does this anyway if you let her idle. It could easilly be added to the pie menu.
    Check self out in mirror - When she's pregnant, she could turn sideways and see how big she's gotten. The animation would be great for storytellers.
    Ask if feeling well - This one could be for other sims, but they could ask her how she's feeling. It's only considerate isn't it? Actually this one would be a good one to add for general nausea, not just for morning sickness.
    Complain about soreness - Probably would if she could, amirite?

These are just a few social interactions though. I'm hoping the animations in TS4 would set them apart more than what we have for TS3.

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2013
    TS4 has promised 'no repeated' animations. I would like to see how they handle what you just stated 'without' repeating what Sims do in TS2 or TS3.

That is the big wow factor I want to see if they can actually accomplish..because I don't see it happening.

I mean if we like how a Sim rubs tummy...how are they going to make that look differently without 'repeating' an animation?

Will see.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2013
    I love these ideas ^^
  • ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited October 2013
    I think they're great ideas!

And to plug for one of my own....please give us a section of maternity wear and the ability to change clothes + hairstyles!
  • nicki24nicki24 Posts: 217 New Member
    edited October 2013
    And to plug for one of my own....please give us a section of maternity wear and the ability to change clothes + hairstyles!
    This please!
  • xladyjxladyj Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited October 2013
    Absolutely! Pregnant sims get neglected right along with infants and toddlers. The more specialized interactions and clothes for them we have the better!
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited October 2013
    I think they're great ideas!

You and me both. I've had sims get stuck with hairstyles because my store content broke and upon reinstalling it there was only the default hair xD

And this other time, Lane had vampire fangs while pregnant