Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One With Nature - Video Review

Hey guys! I hope you are all well!

So a little set came out today and I purchased it! I've put together a video review of it to show what the items look like, what I think and if there are any issues with the set (there is!!!).

Hope you enjoy it! Watch it <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Sd0FsTc5k&gt;HERE&lt;/a&gt;!!

Take care and have an amazing day! :D

Comments

• Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the video review. This actually convinced me to go ahead and get it while its still on sale, I'm liking the buy mode objects more and more and if I'm going to get those I may as well go ahead and get the whole thing :lol:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited October 2013
    Nice review and I like the set also.
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thanks! Nice video.

Now I want this set even more though... :lol:
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited October 2013
    Very nice review ow I know for sure which dress I want
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited October 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Thanks for the video review. This actually convinced me to go ahead and get it while its still on sale, I'm liking the buy mode objects more and more and if I'm going to get those I may as well go ahead and get the whole thing :lol:

You are very welcome!!

I'm glad that it helped you! I was a little worried that as this is a small set and Midnight Hollow was released only last week that One With Nature will quickly fall under the radar and not get much love :lol: .

With the price of it, I think if people are going to just pick at it for a few things, they would be better off purchasing the whole set (if you go for several items) as it will work out cheaper in the long run. :)
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hee hee, I've already been linking to your review, I didn't see your thread. :oops:

I love the tree divider up against the glass windows.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

You're welcome! :D
    momboqueen wrote:
    Nice review and I like the set also.

Thank you! I think it was a lovely little set. My only issue is that darn coffee table haha.
    Thanks! Nice video.

Now I want this set even more though... :lol:

You are welcome and thank you! :D

Yeah, I was a little on the fence with this one but decided that I had the spare SimPoints and it had a few items I liked. I am happy with how much I actually like everything!
    Very nice review ow I know for sure which dress I want

Thank you!! Yeah, the clothing options I really love! I just wish that some were enabled for Outerwear haha
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hee hee, I've already been linking to your review, I didn't see your thread. :oops:

I love the tree divider up against the glass windows.

Hehe, thank you! I'm terrible for doing that myself when something new comes out! I mean to, but then I forget, so thank you!! :D

I have no idea where the tree divider against the windows came from! I wanted those large windows but I wanted the tree dividers there too. I was so happy when they joined seamlessly. I kind of want them as fences too hehe.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, fences would be nice. I was thinking I'd like it as a column. Maybe they could do a build set? It'd be good for rustic living and shipwreck scenarios. Tree houses too. But having it as a screen is very handy too I think.

This set has made me want to get a load of braches and stick them in my house! :lol:
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,621 Member
    edited October 2013
    Great review, thank you :thumbup:

But I think you've made me want more items than I originally did! So now decision time... :lol:
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited October 2013
    I also loved the use of 'Freakin' gorgeous' and 'Friggin' love this'. I lol'd and friggin' loved it ;)
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited October 2013
    I just wanted to quickly pop in to say a huge thank you for your videos. They're great and very informative, without a lot of the fluff I've seen in others.

They're also full of personality, which make them great to listen to.

So thank you! :-o :D
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited October 2013
    Just watched the video. I was on the fence about buying the set, seeing them set up in your video made the decision very easy. Thanks for making it.
  • Options
    samj6samj6 Posts: 750 Member
    edited October 2013
    Great review Weealbet, I bought the set last night but never got chance to look at it much.

I love what you did with the twig divider in front of the window, it's awesome they join seamlessly! :mrgreen:

I like this set, it seems quite modern to me too :D
  • Options
    NewYork7NewYork7 Posts: 661 Member
    edited October 2013

Thank you for the review, it was very informative and good to see a bigger view of the items, with the lights turned on and the sims wearing the clothes etc.

I'd pretty much decided on buying this set, but I'm now absolutely convinced (dodgy table and all!) :D
  • Options
    TisSaturdayAllTisSaturdayAll Posts: 109 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Thank you for posting your informative review. It definitely helped me make the decision to buy. I think the items are very versatile and I love the little girls outfit that it comes with. Thanks again!
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited October 2013
    Good work on the review! :thumbup:

I don't plan on writing a review on this set anytime this weekend, so I'm glad we have other players like you who post video reviews of content.

I think based on what you showed in the video, I'm only going to use some of the objects, and barely any of the clothing >_>

• Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited October 2013
    I adore what you did with the set :mrgreen: And it's kind of neat that you decided to present the woodsy items in a house boat. Made me smile :P
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, fences would be nice. I was thinking I'd like it as a column. Maybe they could do a build set? It'd be good for rustic living and shipwreck scenarios. Tree houses too. But having it as a screen is very handy too I think.

This set has made me want to get a load of braches and stick them in my house! :lol:

Yeah, I did think that having it as a column would be handy for porched areas too lol.

I wanted to do that thing with the wall picture thing! It's so pretty and I liked it! :D
    Great review, thank you

But I think you've made me want more items than I originally did! So now decision time...

Thank you!

Yeah, I'm a terrible influence on people when it comes to the Store haha! I get a lot of tweets from people who watch my videos telling me that they have purchased something because of me. I feel both happy and sad about that haha.
    I also loved the use of 'Freakin' gorgeous' and 'Friggin' love this'. I lol'd and friggin' loved it

HAHA!! Yeah, when I was playing it back to check for recording errors I was laughing away because of the number of times I said that! When it came to the bicycle seat antler thing (where I had a random conversation with myself) I was a bit worried as the 'friggin'' sounded like a cuss a little hehe.
    MrHawk wrote:
    I just wanted to quickly pop in to say a huge thank you for your videos. They're great and very informative, without a lot of the fluff I've seen in others.

They're also full of personality, which make them great to listen to.

So thank you!

Thank you so much!! I try to keep my videos informative yet entertaining. I also like showing stuff off in a potential setting which is why I take the time to build something and decorate it. They may not be amazing builds but I like to think it gives an idea of how a set or something could be used.
    bekkasan wrote:
    Just watched the video. I was on the fence about buying the set, seeing them set up in your video made the decision very easy. Thanks for making it.

Thank you! I'm always happy to hear if one of my videos helped or didn't help others as that's why I do them :D As I was saying to Mr Hawk, I try to show how things could be used in the game, especially with sets like this one where the items included are a bit of a random bunch.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    samj6 wrote:
    Great review Weealbet, I bought the set last night but never got chance to look at it much.

I love what you did with the twig divider in front of the window, it's awesome they join seamlessly! :mrgreen:

I like this set, it seems quite modern to me too :D

Thank you!

The branch divider item I love! I don't know what made me place it against the window, I actually think I did it by accident when I was building and liked how it looked haha. I was really happy to see that they seamlessly joined too! When I placed it against the window I wanted another one and thought "great, gonna have to MOO it and fiddle with the positioning of it." I was so happy I didn't have to!
    NewYork7 wrote:
    Thank you for the review, it was very informative and good to see a bigger view of the items, with the lights turned on and the sims wearing the clothes etc.

I'd pretty much decided on buying this set, but I'm now absolutely convinced (dodgy table and all!)

Thank you! I was really surprised by how much I like this set, I love rustic themes, but this didn't say rustic to me haha. The coffee table, while annoying, isn't a big issue with me. After I'd finished recording I was looking at it and thought it could have had its bark stripped away :lol:
    Thank you for posting your informative review. It definitely helped me make the decision to buy. I think the items are very versatile and I love the little girls outfit that it comes with. Thanks again!

You are very welcome! Thank you! I love the female child's outfit! I dislike the overly short skirts and dresses we usually get so this was a welcomed change hehe.
    AznSensei wrote:
    Good work on the review!

I don't plan on writing a review on this set anytime this weekend, so I'm glad we have other players like you who post video reviews of content.

I think based on what you showed in the video, I'm only going to use some of the objects, and barely any of the clothing >_>

Thank you!!

I'm just glad I was able to get it done! I've had problems with my game lately and had to reformat my laptop to fix them. It was heartbreaking! I've only JUST finished reinstalling the rest of my Store content as I've been typing up these replies hehe.

I think I'll probably be the same with this set. I rarely stick with entire sets/themes and dip into other ones, so I think this will be the same lol.
    Tojax wrote:
    I adore what you did with the set And it's kind of neat that you decided to present the woodsy items in a house boat. Made me smile

Thank you! For some reason it didn't seem right to me putting the items in a purely rustic setting, so I gave the house a bit of a modern vibe with woodsy tones hehe.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited October 2013
    I am new to your reviews and really liked it!
    You show what there is, with no BS. It's also funny, and simple.
    That was a really good idea with the tree divider & window, but of course, you already are probably sick of hearing that. :lol:
    I also really like PHOTO TREE, & have a tabletop one made of brass in real-life.
    It holds 14 pics in ovals hanging off the branches. 14 because you can flip the tree front or back.
    (It's very precious to me since it's pics of my 3 kids growing up, sooo adorable) :D

BTW, one of the "things" is a coat rack, isn't it? :lol:
    Would have been more cool if it let Sims hang their outwear on them, but I know that's too much to expect...

I still think it's a cute set! The end table reminds me of the end table from supernatural, but slightly different style of it. (both ARE "twig-style").
    You have just made a new fan of your videos!
    Thanks for making these. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SmithMarshSmithMarsh Posts: 1,057 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thank you, your reviews are, without exception, good and detailed!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited October 2013
    This set will work well if I ever get back to building my mountain retreat resort in Hidden Springs. 8) And can't really beat the sale price.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SimGuruKellySimGuruKelly Posts: 173
    edited October 2013
    Great review!