Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims are not mammals?

Why is it that Sims can not breastfeed their babies? Does anyone else find that odd?

Comments

• Options
    SimpsonFlySimpsonFly Posts: 1,358 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Because the game is rated T? (Or M15+)
  • Options
    Liltab1121Liltab1121 Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited June 2009
    LOL, coming from a game rated, what E for Everyone, i can see hwy EA doesnt let a woman pull out a *** and feed a hungry beast. LOL :mrgreen:

Well the blanked out word was breast.. lol, only in a different form :mrgreen:
    259g3le.gif
  • Options
    TheLighterDarkTheLighterDark Posts: 927 New Member
    edited June 2009
    While that would be realistic and a censor could be used, it's not really necessary, babies don't have to be breastfed.
  • Options
    BTFotoBTFoto Posts: 436 New Member
    edited June 2009
    There's probably a secret building somewhere full of sim women and breast pumps, pumping away to provide milk for the undefined "bottle" that sims feed to their babies.
  • Options
    OnewithwingsOnewithwings Posts: 56 Member
    edited June 2009
    SimpsonFly wrote:

Uh, so it's okay for Sims to have sex but not breastfeed?

I don't think they'd need a censor for it. Seriously, I breastfeed my son IRL and most people think I'm just holding him. They walk up to try to see his face and don't realize he's eating until they're right up in his face.
  • Options
    SimpsonFlySimpsonFly Posts: 1,358 New Member
    edited June 2009
    SimpsonFly wrote:

Uh, so it's okay for Sims to have sex but not breastfeed?

I don't think they'd need a censor for it. Seriously, I breastfeed my son IRL and most people think I'm just holding him. They walk up to try to see his face and don't realize he's eating until they're right up in his face.
    If you'll notice it's called "WooHoo". They can't even say "sex" in the game.
  • Options
    Mamma_StumonMamma_Stumon Posts: 186 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i agree, i breast fed all 4 of my monsters and most ppl do not even notice it. i think that they should get it in the game
  • Options
    MorgraseMorgrase Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's so anyone can feed the baby. Sometimes mommy is busy... like sleeping.
  • Options
    AiichiAshida382AiichiAshida382 Posts: 150 Member
    edited June 2009
    breast feeding should be an option in the game. i breast fed my son when he was young enough. i even did it at the mall. if they have a problem with censoring it then they can make the sim put on a shawl or something... it doesn't even have to be pixilized if they do it the way i did it in real life.
    愛してるから始めよう
    Origin ID:Only1OfMe333
  • Options
    XennarielXennariel Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Never even crossed my mind. =/ I don't think it matters at all. It's not like the game is missing anything by not having that feature.
  • Options
    dimp10dimp10 Posts: 148 Member
    edited June 2009
    Why is it that Sims can not breastfeed their babies? Does anyone else find that odd?

OMG YES! I was wondering the same thing! There should be a "Nurse Baby" option for mom if she's holding the baby!
    Nox.
    tumblr_m7q3sarQX11rxf32jo2_500.gif
    Nox.
  • Options
    SimSevenSimSeven Posts: 738 New Member
    edited June 2009
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 :shock:
  • Options
    OnewithwingsOnewithwings Posts: 56 Member
    edited June 2009
    dimp10 wrote:

OMG YES! I was wondering the same thing! There should be a "Nurse Baby" option for mom if she's holding the baby!

Glad I'm not the only one who thought this. I know it doesn't REALLY matter in the grand scheme of things, it's just really odd to me since I made my family and I have to give my son bottles (he's never had them IRL). Yeah, yeah, I know, it's just a game, but still, it's a mommy thing, lol!
  • Options
    AiichiAshida382AiichiAshida382 Posts: 150 Member
    edited June 2009

Glad I'm not the only one who thought this. I know it doesn't REALLY matter in the grand scheme of things, it's just really odd to me since I made my family and I have to give my son bottles (he's never had them IRL). Yeah, yeah, I know, it's just a game, but still, it's a mommy thing, lol!

it's definitely a mommy thing
    愛してるから始めよう
    Origin ID:Only1OfMe333
  • Options
    yourlegsgrowyourlegsgrow Posts: 200 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm loving all these threads about censorship! Hacks will happen. ;]
  • Options
    jessstewart88jessstewart88 Posts: 376 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It'd be a neat and realistice feature!! :)

-Jess
  • Options
    Emily195Emily195 Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    I think it would be a good (although unnecessary) addition to the game but there would have to be a shawl or something because there are perverts who would just find a way to take away a normal sensor. But that would be okay and it could even be a plus for the Eco-friendly sims on Sims 3 Ambitions. :-)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2010
    Lol! Does this bring back memories. Every now and then the topic surfaces~again and again and again... :lol:

• Options
    chocolateaddic100chocolateaddic100 Posts: 3,048 New Member
    edited June 2010
    This is weird. :shock:

I don't want computer pixel to pull out their jugs just to feed more computer pixels.

The milk is perfectly fine. I don't want to see that. It makes me uncomfortable. The only problem concerning milk and kids is that the formula is bright, glowing, and green.
  • Options
    TheposhofvioletTheposhofviolet Posts: 162
    edited June 2010
    This doesn't have to be a feature in an Expansion, but I'm more than sure that you could request one of the gifted modders at making this wish a reality. :)
  • Options
    rayy13rayy13 Posts: 2,847 New Member
    edited June 2010
    This thread is a year old....
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    And?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Rflong7 wrote:
    And?

Means we have a necromancer here, raising the dead back into the living.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Rflong7 wrote:
    And?

Means they didn't want to start a new thread so added to an old one. There's no rules against it. :lol
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:
    And?

Means they didn't want to start a new thread so added to an old one. There's no rules against it. :lol

Yeah. Wierd I thought there was a rule. Oh well. My bad. I still think it's ackward