Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So how about those instruments?

I read somewhere that the violin isn't the only instrument capable of inducing emotional responses from the sims. Care to speculate as to which instruments will be included in the base game with me? :thumbup:

Personally, I'm theorizing that if a sad violin song can move a sim to 'depression' (although supposedly the real emotional states don't shift quite so rapidly, it'd make sense then to speed them up to show the effect if that's the case) we've got to have instruments that can be used in romantic serenades. Pianos, possibly harps or flutes come to mind right away. Anyone else have guesses?

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited August 2013
    I hope it's harps for romance :) Although, could still be violins, I suppose.

But I still hope there's more than 1 instrument. The ideal would be at least 1 in each of the main instrument categories.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • smilies246smilies246 Posts: 556 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Reading what you were saying it makes me think, violin for sadness and maybe a ukelele for happy songs? I really hope there isa piano in base game :)
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited August 2013
    Probably a guitar or piano
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    edited August 2013
    I want my drums, love 'em
  • Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    edited August 2013
    A ukulele would be so much fun.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited August 2013
    How about an instrument that isn't a string instrument?

I would completely write off that idea in my mind, but the early leak showed wind instruments. *gasp*

Watch the violin be the only instrument. EA is so uncreative.
    OO2UdmJ.png