Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Household limits: will we still have 8 sims as the max?

To my knowledge (and please correct me if I'm wrong here, I've seen a demo of TS1 but I only really got to play with TS3) every sims game to date has capped the household limit at 8 sims. That is unless someone creates a mod to allow for more.

Since we're dealing with a new base game (and even a new game engine), do you guys think that the cap will be raised to something more than 8? Or do you think it'll stay the same?

Note: raising the cap only means raising the number of sims you can have, not the number you actually play with (I'm assuming most people are aware of this but it never hurts to be sure)

Comments

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    edited August 2013
    SugarRave,

Until they say otherwise, I would assume that eight sims per household is the max, since it was in the previous two games.
  • 3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited August 2013
    Thats a great question. I was wondering the same.
  • jonas3333jonas3333 Posts: 240 Member
    edited August 2013
    Keep in mind, there have always been ways to increase that limit with mods, especially the two big ones - AM and NRAAS, so, you needn't ever worry about such things.

And then sometimes, it just happens.
    For the record, I had this amazing glitch in Sims 2. If I played one particular sim who was a teen, EVERY single night was a party at her house with every teen in the game. I'm talking over 20. Only crashed like once from it too.

Here's a screenie:

snapshot_34972b6d_754d0526.jpg

It was awesome! My best Sims experience ever!
  • jus1nickiejus1nickie Posts: 360 Member
    edited August 2013
    jonas3333 wrote:
    Keep in mind, there have always been ways to increase that limit with mods, especially the two big ones - AM and NRAAS, so, you needn't ever worry about such things.

And then sometimes, it just happens.
    For the record, I had this amazing glitch in Sims 2. If I played one particular sim who was a teen, EVERY single night was a party at her house with every teen in the game. I'm talking over 20. Only crashed like once from it too.

Here's a screenie:

snapshot_34972b6d_754d0526.jpg

It was awesome! My best Sims experience ever!

That's awesome! Looks like a wild good time :) .
    edited August 2013
    Oh it was! I had such excellent fun from it.
    It was only if I played her and every night around 7 or so, the whole teen population came over for more fun. The teens would develop whole relationships and fights would break out.
    Pure craziness! The best glitch ever!

Here's an inside screen: (Keep in mind, they are throughout the entire home at this point.)

snapshot_34972b6d_954d0e2b.jpg
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited August 2013
    I haven't seen a crowd like that since I planted my master pianist in front of the bistro in sunset valley for 3 days straight :shock:

And even then I had to use mods to keep his needs from lowering and making him want to go home...
    edited August 2013
    That was another part of the fun with this glitch. I made sure the buffet and keg was ready every night and that's about all I had to do! Mostly I would just sit and marvel at the way they interacted.