Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition to bring back CASt.

Comments

• elenaplyrelenaplyr Posts: 1,554 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Cast is a must have. Signed!
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed!
    Will not buy this without CASt.
    Such a huge part of the game now, it's impossible go back to being without it.
  • Banksy33Banksy33 Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2013
    Don't see the hype for Create a Style tbh..
    I will admit it was a good concept but the system was really bad.

Every object had no detail because it was able to be re-textured, objects took way to long to render even on high end computers, Create a Style would lag none stop.

I'm sorry but watching the game play video made me realise how bad the sims 3 textures are.. The floor panels are so weird looking ( all flat and paper like ) In the sims 4 they actually look like wood with depth and grooves with rich colour.

Being able to recolour now that's ok.. which if you looked in the screen shots you can see many of the same objects all recoloured..
    So if it means I get a better running game with better textures all because I can no longer put really bad wood textures onto my couch.. Then yes they are making the right choice by leaving it out.

• jonas3333jonas3333 Posts: 240 Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed.

That they would even consider leaving out the abilities that CASt allows us in-game is beyond idiocy. It's one of the few aspects that keep me playing in the game even though it is a nightmare for me to use it with this computer due to insane slow-down while designing/moving swatches and colors around. Now, perhaps they will implement it slightly differently or something/whatever, but no way am I regressing back to the way it was.

What they need to do in Sims 4 is, not get ridiculous with the repetitive templates. I don't understand why they did that so often in 3. I mean the different colors of hats when we can simply recolor them. Same with walls and pretty much everything.
    Simplify it so all that extra KB isn't adding up in the game and we have room to add the thousands of .package files that we must.

And PLEASE, stop putting jewelry on clothing when we can add that ourselves. If you must make an object with appliques on it, make one that has none.
  • TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited August 2013
    Why would EA not want to add CASt to the Sims 4? Why? It's an insane decision :?

I love customizing sims. After the Sims 3, I cannot imagine being interested in a game where there's only preset colours for clothing, furniture... it seems extremely dull.

Signed.
  • loridorloridor Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm voting to bring back CASt. I'll even add that no CASt is a deal-killer for me.

No CASt=No TS4 purchase!
  • Agnes_940Agnes_940 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed, no CASt is a dealbreaker.
  • Suzan2kSuzan2k Posts: 97
    edited August 2013
    Signed..
    This is idiocy as hell, why tey make it in Sims 3 but not Sims 4? Shouldnt Sims 4 suppose to have some features from TS2 & TS3 and then make it more better?
    Bring it back, that's it, They say in the promo that you can make everyone you know in real life (something like that then why the hell isn't CASt there? Bring it back it makes our sim more unique and then we can create the sim and make it mooooore amazing than ever..
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited August 2013
    signed
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    edited August 2013
    Banksy33 wrote:
    Every object had no detail because it was able to be re-textured

This is true. I know when I mesh, and I made an object CAStable it definitely tarnished the quality. But, I hope they figure out a way to add some type of customization to buymode/buildmode, and keep the quality of the textures. It is definitely needed.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited August 2013
    A petition needs to include the list of signatures or else it is just a thread for people to say they agree.

Please create a list of supporters who have signed and then I will absolutely sign your petition!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited August 2013
    Banksy33 wrote:
    Don't see the hype for Create a Style tbh..
    I will admit it was a good concept but the system was really bad.

Every object had no detail because it was able to be re-textured, objects took way to long to render even on high end computers, Create a Style would lag none stop.

I'm sorry but watching the game play video made me realise how bad the sims 3 textures are.. The floor panels are so weird looking ( all flat and paper like ) In the sims 4 they actually look like wood with depth and grooves with rich colour.

Being able to recolour now that's ok.. which if you looked in the screen shots you can see many of the same objects all recoloured..
    So if it means I get a better running game with better textures all because I can no longer put really bad wood textures onto my couch.. Then yes they are making the right choice by leaving it out.

Crazy talk.
    I have not seen a single decent texture or detailed mesh in anything we have seen from TS4. Perhaps we will at a later date, but I don't see anything to justify this opinion.

I've already experienced what it is like to go without CASt. That was TS2. I uninstalled because I could not stand being so limited creatively. TS4 is a no-buy without create-a-style for me.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • DekrRiniDekrRini Posts: 416 Member
    edited August 2013
    No CASt is a deal breaker for me.

signed
  • Marit_WateryMarit_Watery Posts: 302 Member
    edited August 2013
    Maybe EA isn't thinking just wether they should include CASt but rather if they should stick with CASt as in Sims 3 or make something different? At least that's my hope. Having only preset colourings would be a really bad move on EA side. But if they are considering maybe like a painting CASt where we could choose size and position of patterns and set colours, that would be a good move. Maybe integrate the CAP tool directly into CASt and because it would be so different from the current CASt they don't want to call it CASt?
    Anyway, I definitely need a way to change colours and patterns on everything in the game, so in that sense: signed.
  • Banksy33Banksy33 Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    Crazy talk.
    I have not seen a single decent texture or detailed mesh in anything we have seen from TS4. Perhaps we will at a later date, but I don't see anything to justify this opinion.

I've already experienced what it is like to go without CASt. That was TS2. I uninsulated because I could not stand being so limited creatively. TS4 is a no-buy without create-a-style for me.

lol say what you will, but no thanks I'd take sims 2 items over the sims 3.. They actually feel like real objects not white boxes with fake looking texture wrapped around them.
    I have a i7, 12g ram, 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 and it takes a good couple of minutes to render objects because every single objects needs its texture re applied..

If they can fix that issue then sure go a head but its no deal breaker in my eyes.

21cxoaa.jpg
  • Cnstnc680Cnstnc680 Posts: 529 Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed - best thing about the Sims 3!!!
  • Suzan2kSuzan2k Posts: 97
    edited August 2013
    SIGNED
    BRING IT BAAAAAACK :(
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'll sign. I really want CASt back. Don't think I could play without having full creative control over my Sims!
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • daisylee910daisylee910 Posts: 73 Member
    edited August 2013
    No create a style means no purchase for me, most likely.

Signed.
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited August 2013
    signed
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed. I tried TS3 for two reasons only. One was the open neighborhood and the other was CASt. I loved both and never went back to my TS2 game.

When a base sims game is released, there is a limited amount of content. Having CASt makes it possible to give the illusion of more clothing and furniture because of the ability to change woods, colors and/or patterns with CASt. It is also why I don't use third party cc in my game now. Available content from EP's and the store give me lots of options and they are options I can recolor on a whim.

I read last night that the guru's want to give us a "fluid", "strong" experience with TS4. I applaud that because we are entitled to nothing less when purchasing TS4 BUT, and that's a big BUT, it should not come at the player's expense of having to give up one of the best features of the game for them to do that. Rather, I think it's EA's responsibility to implement CASt in a way that will still deliver their goals for a strong game.
  • ApplePolkaDotApplePolkaDot Posts: 298 Member
    edited August 2013
    signed
    Cast gives the player creative freedom.
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    edited August 2013
    i am signing!
  • asheslove85asheslove85 Posts: 104
    edited August 2013
    :?: I couldn't understand why they wouldn't let us customize our sims the way we can in sims 3 with create a style. Or anything similar. That would suck...
    SIGNED!!! :wink: