Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition to bring back CASt.

Comments

• Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited August 2013
    TS4 is supposed to be an improvement upon the Sim adventure, taking away our ability to exercise our personal creativity in this way is a negative step backwards.

CASt is the only reason I moved on from TS2, if it had not been for that feature I would have happily remained in TS2 as the sims themselves were far more expressive and loveable. CASt rocks my sim socks!

Signed.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed...

However, maybe this is a test to see how many people want it back. Then they are going to bring it back in an EP... They're going to charge us 40 bucks for it. Throw in some objects with it and got your EP. Which we'll really be paying for the CASt feature, and they know. Same thing with GEN.

Or

Maybe they are going to make a builders packs.

Or

Maybe they're going to have it be a separate tool like Create A Pattern. :mrgreen:
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited August 2013
    Fordee09 wrote:
    BeASimmer wrote:
    CASt have had glowing reviews from everyone, fans and critics. So why in the world would they even consider to leave it out? Are they freakin' crazy? It was a big thing in Sims 3 and now they're not including it? It's one of most useful, creative tools in the game! Ughhhh :evil:

Who said they weren't including it?
    THE GAME IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT!

They are still discussing whether to implement it or not. :?

Maybe he's saying it shouldn't even be an option whether to keep CASt or not?
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    terminuslordterminuslord Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2013
    No cast, no sale.

Anyone who had a bazillion color variants in their inventory in Sims 1 and 2 knows that it was the single most important feature ever added to the Sims franchise. It doesn't have to work in an identical way, but the same ability MUST be in the base game.
  • Options
    DriedBloodDriedBlood Posts: 48 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed!! Without CASt I won't buy the game..
  • Options
    lanadelsimlanadelsim Posts: 136 Member
    edited August 2013
    Better safe than sorry, I sign this :D
    CAST was one of the few great things about ts3 tbh.
  • Options
    toxxicxtoxxicx Posts: 58 New Member
    edited August 2013
    You guys would be better off creating a change.org petition instead of posting in a forum where people are having a discussion and they won't know really how many people want it.
  • Options
    ashbashbabyyyashbashbabyyy Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2013
    SIGNED!!!
  • Options
    yesme88yesme88 Posts: 316 Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed!!! Because other wise I will stick to playing my lovely Sims 3 .oh and I hope they improve textures for Sims and the open world or again I will stay with Sims 3.
  • Options
    Diotima84Diotima84 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed! I need CAST (preferably as an ingame feature). If it's not included I'll stick to TS3
  • Options
    SimsimillianSimsimillian Posts: 71 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed!
  • Options
    SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed. Can't believe the devs would even hesitate on this really.

E6Gi2HA.png
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed. As a builder I cannot do without Create a Style!
  • Options
    EmeliesEmelies Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed

It would be really disappointing if they don't include it.
  • Options
    brilliantcatbrilliantcat Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    CASt was ground-breaking and a major selling point in TS3. I cannot comprehend why it wouldn't make the cut in the next-gen game. Make it happen!
  • Options
    NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited August 2013
    To admit they just weren't sure if they were going to put CASt right into the Create a Sim.

Mind you I am still signed...

Since honestly, I would want to do it right there while I am creating my sim.

Unless there is a huge sacrifice I am not aware of (as with most features)
  • Options
    snowanimalsssnowanimalss Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Signed! I'm not buying the game if there's no CASt. Like, for the designers, and people who take pictures more often than actually play(like me), there's no point. I don't want to cover my computer with trash like a ton of recolors. The Sims 3 already needs a lot of free space on the computer, also a good proccessor like intel core i7.
  • Options
    simka72simka72 Posts: 98 Member
    edited August 2013
    Seriously, if they don't implement it, I'm not gonna buy it.
  • Options
    MauderooneyMauderooney Posts: 6
    edited August 2013
    Signed!
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed!!!
  • Options
    CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    edited August 2013
    SIGNED!

This is the only petition on this forum that I have felt really strongly enough about to actually sign. CAST was one of TS3's biggest improvements, and I had so much fun with it. I'll be DEVASTATED if they remove it from the game!

They're always harping on about the creativity of the The Sims players, so why would they want to take away the most creative tool of all?! It makes zero sense. They would be fools not to include it.
  • Options
    MafheidMafheid Posts: 47 New Member
    edited August 2013
    SIGNED!

I am actually going to rethink buying The Sims 4 if they remove the create-a-style option.

That is pure laziness if they do not add it.

EA you are saying you listen to your fans and are being driven by it? Listen to this!
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited August 2013
    I already responded on a similar thread that was created earlier but to be on the safe side I will respond to this thread as well.

I can't imagine purchasing Sims 4 if the create-a-style tool (or something similar) isn't included. I use it constantly in BOTH CAS and build/buy mode. Signed.
  • Options
    BellaClo13BellaClo13 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed too.

CaSt is such a major addition to the franchise and one of the (too few) very big selling points of TS3. The tool could certainly do with a little bit of improvement here or there, to improve the loading times for instance, but there's seriously no reason to remove it completely. At least not on a PC title.

I hope EA will take the time to bring back a fully fledged (and improved) CAST tool (for CAS and Build/Buy mode) in TS4 base game. And I weight all my words :wink:

No CAST? Then TS4 will loose a major part of its interest for me, certainly for such a high price tag.
  • Options
    lmmasonlmmason Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Cast is a must. The game would truely be a down grade without it.