Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition to bring back CASt.

Comments

• Options
    DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ummmm CAS is so necessary, why would you even THINK about not adding it??? Signed, and further more, if you don't add CAS I won't be buying this game.
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited August 2013
    Please sign me up as many times as I am allowed to. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    alverdinedrakealverdinedrake Posts: 111 Member
    edited August 2013
    I thought "our creativity inspires them, drives them" or some twaddle like that. So why do they want to put a harness on it?

Signed. CASt is a must.
  • Options
    rainwiferainwife Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed
  • Options
    KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member
    edited August 2013
    *RUDE COMMENT ALERT*

I swear the people on this forum have the reading comprehension of a 4 year old. The comment clearly states that CASt is not currently in CAS! Not that it's not in the game at all.

The reason for not including it in CAS is most likely due to the stretching of the patterns as you play around with the body shapes of Sims.

Relax, they won't remove it from Build or Buy mode.
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited August 2013
    See now that's not much of a problem with me, I can clearly see what patterns would work well or not if they stretch. I mean shoot they would stretch realistically anyway! To me this is still something that should be added to CAS under that logic.
  • Options
    NoeinNoein Posts: 495 Member
    edited August 2013
    I know that EA shouldn't have to think about this, but look one the bright side, at least they are thinking about and didn't just say we're not doing it. That's a plus in my book. We really don't even know what's going on, but just in case....

Signed

Someone should really put a link the this petition on Twitter and Facebook so gurus, simmers and just everyone can see and sign.

Let EA know we're serious about this and we need it! This I can get behind!
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ha ha! I just love it when people who have nothing whatsoever to do with the game's development think they already know what will be in the game. LMAO!

Me, I have no idea what they are thinking of doing or not doing, so I would like for it to be known that this game should NOT go backwards. I need Create-A-Style in my sims games!

SIGNED!

OK, now would someone please point me toward the petition for requesting all 7 (or at least 6, what we currently have with TS3) Life States available in CAS. :wink:

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited August 2013
    Keffers wrote:
    *RUDE COMMENT ALERT*

I swear the people on this forum have the reading comprehension of a 4 year old. The comment clearly states that CASt is not currently in CAS! Not that it's not in the game at all.

The reason for not including it in CAS is most likely due to the stretching of the patterns as you play around with the body shapes of Sims.

Relax, they won't remove it from Build or Buy mode.

And as someone who expresses their creativity in CAS and not by lot building, I need CASt! I love changing the colors on my sims clothes, and when I make my self sim I want to color her clothes to look like the real clothes I have hanging in my closet!
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member
    edited August 2013
    I understand that, but reading these comments, it seems like most people are moaning about not being able to decorate their dining room chairs in leopard print which is not what the twitter post is saying.

• Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited August 2013
    Maybe they're not discussing whether to add CASt at all, but whether to include it in the base game. They could be weighing the pros and cons of adding it to the base game vs. creating a stand-alone product like CAW and CAP. A stand-alone product may be better for low end computers.

But just in case I'm wrong, add me to the list of players who will not even consider buying TS4 without CASt one way or another. It's the only thing that kept me from returning to TS2.
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed.
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    TwilightxbTwilightxb Posts: 854 New Member
    edited August 2013
    CASt was one of the best features in TS3 and one of the main reasons I bought the game. For me the base game wouldn't be worth the money without it. Guess we will see what happens though.
  • Options
    Pupper_puppyPupper_puppy Posts: 810 New Member
    edited August 2013
    SIGNED! CASt is one of my favorite things in Sims 3! Without it.. EA you're not gonna get my money!
  • Options
    honeyb100dhoneyb100d Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Signed
    <3
    Wouldn't buy it without Create-a-Style tbh
  • Options
    iamtheborgiamtheborg Posts: 127 Member
    edited August 2013
    CASt is a make or break feature for me, so definitely put me down as signed. Surely EA wouldn't ship out the game without such an important feature or something very similar, but just in case I think it's important to stress just how much CASt means to players.
  • Options
    johnson7576johnson7576 Posts: 41 Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed by me. Dealbreaker status if its not included
  • Options
    BlondeGoddess20BlondeGoddess20 Posts: 264 Member
    edited August 2013
    signed
  • Options
    RandiRobotRandiRobot Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Signed! I won't buy ts4 if cast is gone!
  • Options
    FaithWittenFaithWitten Posts: 49 Member
    edited August 2013
    SIGNED X 100
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'll sign -- I'd hate to have to go back to the days when you had to search dozens of CC sites to find the perfect recolor of a sofa or bed to match your decor, or hope that someone recolored that outfit where you loved the style but the colors were hideous. I've done some wonderful recolors on EA outfits (especially to make the shoes coordinate with the outfit), as well as replacing woods and countertops to coordinate better with my room decor; I love recoloring the Real Flat Counters to have lighter woods and stainless steel countertops for my houseboats. 8) I may be lousy at building (and hope the new tools will help with that) but I love to decorate and dress my Sims up in nice looking fashions! :mrgreen:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2013
    g01denswan wrote:
    Maybe they're not discussing whether to add CASt at all, but whether to include it in the base game. They could be weighing the pros and cons of adding it to the base game vs. creating a stand-alone product like CAW and CAP. A stand-alone product may be better for low end computers.

But just in case I'm wrong, add me to the list of players who will not even consider buying TS4 without CASt one way or another. It's the only thing that kept me from returning to TS2.

The problem with that though is would it be available for all computers? CAW is still listed as beta (after all these years) and only for Windows users; Mac players have never gotten a peep at it unless they want to Boot Camp their computer just to make worlds (and with a copy of Windows running close to $200, that's a pretty expensive hobby). I've never gotten the hang of CAP. CASt works extremely well, and very intuitive. Making it a separate program would mean that a lot of people would never learn to use it (who wants to go into a separate program to create a new outfit or couch, then find that the color doesn't work in game?), and would thus once again be at the mercy of CC artists and have to look through a bunch of CC sites to find the perfect recolor. What I've loved about CASt is that I don't have to use CC for the perfect look for my homes and Sims; I can do it myself.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited August 2013
    When sims3 first came out, it was hard getting used to all the differences between the game..and sims2 was a completed product where sims3 was barebones just getting started...so I went back to sims2 and bet I would have stayed cept one thing...CAD...being able to change the color/make a solid or a print...walls carpets and throw rugs...I couldn't enjoy sims2 because that is what was missing.
  • Options
    ScaperClaudiaScaperClaudia Posts: 102 Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed! Oh much needed! I can't go back to the Sims 2 because it doesn't have the design feature. Unless you count having tons of CC that is recolors of stuff. Oy the horrors.
  • Options
    UltimaLinkSteveUltimaLinkSteve Posts: 18
    edited August 2013
    Signed, so far I'm loving what I see so far in CAS, but if CASt isn't back, I won't be buying Sims 4 at all.