Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition to bring back CASt.

18910111214...Next

Comments

• Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited February 2014
    ----

That still doesnt matter for this debate, wich just proove how Dumb and childish you are.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited February 2014
    Arletta wrote:
    I am quite sure that EA has their reasons for not wanting include CASt. However, "coding issues" are not one of them.

I'm sorry you equate reality with rudeness. v12creator has zero idea what he is talking about when the subject is how ALL computers process color.

Wolfram is actually kind of busy, but he would hand your behind to you on a silver platter if he would waste his time with this utter nonsense. He wrote the bible on computer color. There is no greater authority in the world than him. and he's pretty **** clear on how how computers process color.

Look it up and learn something.

I don't need to know how computers process colour. As far as I know that wasn't part of the debate. The Sims in The Sims 4 won't be responding to colour anyway as you're describing (and trust me, I understood what you were saying). Their emotion system isn't connected to the colours which was what we've now been told and you've been linked to twice.

Whilst I look up how computers process colour, how's about you look up how to use manners in your communique.

well, what do you think is the appropriate way to respond to clueless idots who continually repeat stupid crap even after other people make an effort to explain things? I'm asking. And it's obvious that you and V DON'T know how computers process color, because if either one of you did, then you wouldn't keep repeating such stupid crap.

I was nice about it the first ten times, you are not entitled to my infinite patience.

*sighs* I don't know, Stickykisses. Ignore it? Walk away? Anything but tell ppl they're clueless idiots.

I wasn't asking for any of your patience. I said what I thought. I got past it. Now I'm taking my own advice and I'm walking away.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited February 2014
    v12creator wrote:
    ----

That still doesnt matter for this debate, wich just proove how Dumb and childish you are.

And the same applies to you about rudeness.

Just stop. It's a game.
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited February 2014
    Arletta wrote:
    v12creator wrote:
    ----

And the same applies to you about rudeness.

Just stop. It's a game.

How about No, not when im talking to users like her, i will be polite with the ones that i conclude that diserve it.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    HmlharrisHmlharris Posts: 3 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Signed
  • Options
    VININIANNEVININIANNE Posts: 252 Member
    edited May 2014
    I understand it can be alot of job and that they prefer to concentrate on the sims, I also know CASt takes alot of memory and makes some games lag, so I sign BUT, I would be just as satisfied if they put a colorwheel instead(at least).

So, I SIGN but I would be just as happy to only have a colorwheel! Love your job EA(sim series creators and all the staff) :)
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited May 2014
    Sorry guys, but this petition is from August 2013 and EA has since decided NOT to include CASt or a color-wheel. The only explanation that I can come up with at this point is that Emotions are tied to specific colors (EA hasn't said, so I am speculating). This is kind of lazy/ dumb as they could have easily divided a color-wheel into sections that had the same emotional effect.

I have no idea how this will affect CC recolors (if TS4 is at all friendly to CC - TS3 wasn't). Will the creator of the recolor have to assign an emotion to their creation? Will recolors have no effect on emotions?

Maybe EA will add new emotions in EPs and the new emotions will have their own shades of color? (That is more speculation, I'm afraid.) I don't see how that will work because then they would have to add new recolors for existing outfits and objects - unless they are really lazy and only new objects will have the colors that influence the new emotions.

I don't think that the average player understands how recolors work. In TS3 every object and outfit had two 'textures'; one was the color/ pattern chosen in CASt and the other was the detailing. It appears that TS4 is going back to TS2-style objects and outfits where the color and the detail is on the same texture. This makes the recoloring process much harder. But I hope I am wrong.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited May 2014
    Nooo! I was really hoping for the colourwheel if we get no CASt.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    nikkicat21nikkicat21 Posts: 41 Member
    edited May 2014
    Signed, I agree that you can't be too careful. This function was one of the things that most impressed me about the Sims 3. To take it out now would mean that I don't think I would buy the Sims 4.
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited May 2014
    I already signed another petition for bringing back CASt but I'll sign this one too. Going back to presets like in Sims 2 is just way too much of a step backward, especially for a game that's supposed to be next gen. Also, if anyone would like, please sign this one too that has over 300 signatures: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/707903.page

The more support we get, the better.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited May 2014
    its time to move on it has been confirm that cast will not be in the sims4 it was not in the sims 1 and it was not in the sims2 so i think its time to let this thread die and me honstly i am very happy that cast his not in the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(