Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition to bring back CASt.

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed this is one of my favorite features.
  • sydsyrioussydsyrious Posts: 63 Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed
  • _beck_22_beck_22 Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    SIGNED!
  • Sapphire_Sim16Sapphire_Sim16 Posts: 127 Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed !!
  • 3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed!
  • YappleDappleYappleDapple Posts: 54 New Member
    edited September 2013
    bump
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm sure I've posted on this one before, but a petition without a list of signatures is not really a petition.

Nonetheless, I wholeheartedly support bringing back CASt in Sims 4.

Have I signed this one yet????
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • JoJo_NettJoJo_Nett Posts: 97 Member
    edited September 2013
    Signed!
  • sunrise_moutainsunrise_moutain Posts: 17
    edited September 2013
    Sign me up, cast is one of the best features of the sims 3, it was letting out your creative flare, they should definitely add it to sims 4 no doubt about it
  • clana797clana797 Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    Signed :D
  • ALISHIA412ALISHIA412 Posts: 233
    edited September 2013
    WHAT NOT CAST? ARE YOU FLIPPING KIDDING ME?

First, SIM 4 COLLECTORS EDITION BE A EUROPE EXCLUSVIE NOW THIS! i don't even like the graphics to begin with but since it's still it alpha i'm still open to it plus cc makers can fix it.

IF THEY DO NOT INCLUDE CAST, I'M OUT DONE! MAY NOT BUY THE SIMS 4 AT ALL!

signed!
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited September 2013
    Signed!
  • pegasus_jim62pegasus_jim62 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited September 2013
    This is only one of the items that should be included in TS4. Please include my vote in keeping it going forward.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    edited September 2013
    will everyone stop talking about create a style its not that important in a game me i do notr mind not havingh create a style as its just a minor detail for me what i went is a game that will not freeze or risk crashing where i have to wait for a patch or next ep or sp ebven if i will have sims4 expansion packs and stuffpacks i do not minde not having create a style for me that is unimportant and also wake up and smell the coffee the sims4 is still pre alpha unless said other wise so we do not know what all the features or create a sims tools will be
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited September 2013
    Memina11 wrote:
    will everyone stop talking about create a style its not that important in a game me i do notr mind not havingh create a style as its just a minor detail for me what i went is a game that will not freeze or risk crashing where i have to wait for a patch or next ep or sp ebven if i will have sims4 expansion packs and stuffpacks i do not minde not having create a style for me that is unimportant and also wake up and smell the coffee the sims4 is still pre alpha unless said other wise so we do not know what all the features or create a sims tools will be

No, we won't. Good for you you don't care about it. But EA isn't making The Sims 4 just for you. Those who care about it (the vast majority) are allowed to voice their opinions...

And what good would it be to request anything after the game is released? Pre-Alpha, that is just the right time to complain. Because they still can do something aboout it.
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited September 2013
    Memina11 wrote:

I personally have never had any issues with CASt and I have quite a bit of patterns and textures installed. One thing with CASt, if it crashes your game when you use it and you do not care for it, then you do not have to use it. For the vast majority of simmers, the idea of it not being included in Sims 4 is a big deal, as you can see by all the threads! As of right now EA has said that at this time they have no itentions of including, so those that are concerned need to let EA know how we feel about that.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • HannoieHannoie Posts: 752 Member
    edited September 2013
    For me, I think it’s really important to separate this game in my mind from The Sims 1, 2 and 3, at least to a certain extent, and see it for what it is: a completely new game, with completely new experiences. So I think it’s important not to obsess over what things we will be “missing” from The Sims 3 and all its expansion packs. We’re not “missing” anything, it’s a new game, it’s built on a totally new engine, and it sounds like the gameplay will be very different. Personally, I can’t wait to play it!

http://www.platinumsimmers.com/articles/emotions-and-interactions-in-the-sims-4/
  • DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited September 2013
    Memina11 wrote:

So it's not important to you and the rest of us should stop talking about it because of that? :roll: I hate to break it to you, but you aren't the only person playing the game and what the rest of us want matters as well.
  • kosaprimerakosaprimera Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    I want CASt too! it was the most awesome new thing in sims 3 after the open world.I don't get people who don't want it, I'm not a super builder player but I decorate the buildings my sims live or use and I like to be able to give it textures and match some things.

I guess they do not include all possibilities people want because:
    1.They are told by "above" to release the game X day even if it is half done and they don't have time (lots of updates to fix bugs).
    2.Later they will make us pay for having some features like CASt, or sims 5 or whatever.
  • djacob16djacob16 Posts: 95 Member
    edited September 2013
    Signed!

CASt allowed creativity and I enjoyed watching other simmers use styles in different ways to create unique objects/wall coverings/floors etc. And it was fun to be able to match things. That was one aspect of the sims and the sims 2 I did not like; sometimes the object would be so pretty but the colour/texture was just kind of funky.

I noticed that CASt slowed down my game but it was a great part of building. I never saved any new styles I made so it ran just fine on my PC. But I liked that the option to save them was there and the option to not use CASt is there too.

I really hope they do not abandon CASt. That is definitely a step back.

• NyalkNyalk Posts: 8
    edited September 2013
    Signed, CASt may not of been the most efficient time wise as it often slowed down your game if you had a tons of styles saved (I had some many it took minutes to load up every time I had a style and my computer is a top of the line gaming machine less than two years old), but it allowed extra creativity throughout the world.
  • ChrisOldfieldChrisOldfield Posts: 140 Member
    edited September 2013
    I have no choice but to agree....without it the game is not worth buying.
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited September 2013
    This feature should have been added to Sims 4 FIRST before anything else. There shouldn't be any discussion about whether it should be in the game. It should be included without question. Period.

As I see it, creative players will have been studying, using and experimenting with unlimited tools for colour and texture possibilities (Sims 3) only to find themselves rewarded after using all this creative potential, with three primary colours and no mixing palette (Sims 4).

It's just not on. It's ridiculous. Consider me signed!
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited September 2013
    SIGNED
  • PeaceandserenityPeaceandserenity Posts: 38 New Member
    edited September 2013
    EA please listen to the players . I want this , signed ! . I could cope with the eyelashes and hair not being as realistic ( since its pre alpha let's see if this changes) . Really i could for amazing game play . But to take out something that made a simming experience so personal - that's upsetting . I mean why create awesome build tools to create fab houses if you can't fill it with furniture (with patterns) to match the type houses you want to create ? . If i want to create a vibrant sim i want her colors and patterns on their clothes to reflect that too :( .